LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lack Of Diaper Variation

Well I've been an AB for about six years... and I started with a local department store brand diapers and switched to the three tape Depends, which are the worst things in the world (according to others). I've gotten used to them...

Anyway, I figure now that I have a job I can buy some other diapers and try them out and stuff, you know? I've tried Bambinos, but I only tried one and I didn't even get to wear it for very long. So here is the list of diapers I wanna try out.

Bambinos (probably the classico kind)

Abena X-Plus (apparently the best out there)

Abena Air Plus X-Plus (because I wanna know which I like more, that or the original)

Secure X-Plus (they look cuter than Abenas and are more "discrete")

Dry 24/7 (only because they are soft, or so I've heard)

That's all I have on the list so far. I am also looking for a good adult pullup that is very "little kid pullup" like. And I'm looking for a good generic brand that I can buy at the store and don't have to get online.

But the reason for this post is that I want the opinions of all the diaper experts! Give me pros and cons for my choices, or recommend some of your own, or even mail me a sample if you wanna ;) . I just want to broaden my diaper horizons.

Your Chatterbox,

-Sophie

If anyone can find a adult pull-up that is anything like a kid pull up let me know. They all seem to be made of different material and don't have padding all they way to the top like kid one do. Since you are in the states check out the Walmart store brand adult overnight pullups. They are supposed to be pretty good.

If you want to buy from a store you should track down a medical supply store, they might have some of the ones you want to order. If you can't find one that does retail sales try looking into all the non-chain drug stores to see if they have something beside the regular Depends and Tena Pull Ons.

Give me pros and cons for my choices, or recommend some of your own

Ok :)

Bambino (both kinds)

Pros: Great diaper. Very thirsty, best tapes out there (along with Secure X-Plus) refastenable many times and will never pop or rip. Good fit. Waistbands at the rear and the front. Inside liner is the softest out there. Very comfortable diaper to wear in the longer term. Swell up lots as they get wet.

Cons: Classico pattern doesn't do it for me but I guess that's purely a personal opinion. People say they run a little small, size wise. Can be a little difficult to wear discreetly but it is possible under loose-ish jeans.

My favourite diaper overall.

Abena Abri-Form X-Plus

Pros: Extremely thirsty. Will basically last forever with a stuffer.

Cons: Not that great a fit for skinny people like me, pattern is distinctly 'institutional', tapes aren't up to much (blue double-layer type). Some people have mentioned recent changes to the plastic, saying it's thinner now but I haven't seen that myself.

This is the highest capacity diaper I've ever tried, takes more pee than a Bambino. Great diaper but could be a lot better if they added better tapes and adjusted the fit a bit. I've never tried the Air-Plus line.

Secure X-Plus

Pros: Same benefits as Bambino but additionally it has a wetness indicator, a more institutional design, and the inside liner and waistbands are blue (white on Bambino).

Cons: Again, people say they run a little small so get samples to confirm your size before you buy a big case.

Dry 24/7

Pros: Thirsty, although not as much as the other brands above. Reasonable fit for skinny people.

Cons: 'Double tape' design :rolleyes:. Website has been offline for months. Even when it was up, I was alarmed by the lack of security (they were transmitting CC numbers in the clear - a cardinal sin). I didn't trust them myself and then they got 'hacked' and took their site down. Apparently you can still order by phone, if you trust them to look after your CC number.

I only tried a couple of samples of these and it was about a year ago so there may be a few changes since then.

Another recommendation would be Molicare Super Plus - they're not as good as Bambino or Abena but they're not bad either. Good absorbency, good-ish fit (although the plastic is a bit thin and tends to stretch a bit after a few hours, making them loosen). The 'double tapes' rear their ugly heads on these too. A little more discreet than the other brands, good day-time diaper.

• Like 1

I second what Autie says here. All these diapers have inner cuffs which is an important feature for, well, you know what. Read that post carefully, its all there.

My fave is the Bambino diaper, and until they come along with another style, I love the Classico for its childish print. I really do!

Well I got my three majors. Bambino, Abena X-Plus, and Secure X-Plus.

Walmart is winning for cheap brands.

Abena is winning for pullups.

Since that's all I've heard on those topics.

If anyone else has any ideas or comments or so forth, inform me!!

-Sophie

i went to walmart the other day they no lnger carry the depends fitted briefs (the diaper style) and they didn't event have the store brand in that style. the last time i bought their brand want two months ago i went to cvs last night and picked up their store brand it looked just like walmarts except the package.