LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The End Of An Era

Bettypooh

I saw this while reading Yahoo news:

Crib Recall

It seems that the US government is calling for an end to drop-side baby cribs :(

Like anything man-made they're not all equally safe when used correctly and none are safe when used incorrectly :huh: This is normal and most problems occurred when used improperly or not maintained- again that's normal :mellow: I do feel for those who experienced a loss but for me I can't imagine losing this traditional style of crib.

Of course this doesn't affect us directly as ABDL's since any new standards won't apply to the products sized for us, but still... somehow I feel something is being lost here and it makes me sad :crybaby: While not among my fondest memories, I still remember when traveling as a child Dad often asked for a crib to be delivered to the hotel room where we were staying for me. I remember sleeping in them, I remember my bedwetting childhood, and while that part was quite negative, I also remember feeling safe in those cribs where my bedwetting wouldn't really matter and nobody would suffer because of it except me :) and I was used to that.

My parents didn't ever pull the side up so I could get out and use the bathroom if I woke up and had to go, but that never happened :lol: Even though I'm hardly AB at all I still have a soft spot in my heart for cribs and if my life allowed me to have one I would most certaunly use it. And it would have a drop-side, it would have to for me to be happy with it :wub:

Like cloth diapers, another fond memory of what babies were like in my childhood is leaving the scene and the future generations will be seeing things and living life differently. Nothing wrong with that and I hope there's nothing wrong with me feeling the way I do. It's the end of an era and I will feel the loss for a long, long time but life will go on anyway just as it always does -_-

Bettypooh

we have not had raiseing crib sides for years, the problem came when childern wached there parents and learned to do it themselves....maney severd fingers :(

we have a cot with bars that are fixed....when the child lerns to sit you just lower it...this is not a new cot/crib it is on it's 5th child (and is still verry stable!)

it is over 15y/o

we have never had a problem with it, and love it :)

all the cots we looked at while i was preggers (4 years ago) and the ones we see now, all have fixed bars....

for me it's not a loss, i quite like the cots out there now, and when we can we wiull be getting a cotbed (as i will fit in it)with fixed bars for us to use as a cot only :)

i can see why alot of you will miss them, it is what you are used to....

hugs

Juniper

xxx

*i have seen cots/cotbeds wich have the bars nearly all way round but with a section in the middle, at the side, were bars are missing so child can still get out and have the comfort of bars around there head and feet....usually on a toddeler bed it is only around the head...

Awww, I think this is kind of sad. :( The drop-sided cribs were what me and my brother used... and it's hard to imagine using anything else for later on when I have kids of my own.

Awww, I think this is kind of sad. :( The drop-sided cribs were what me and my brother used... and it's hard to imagine using anything else for later on when I have kids of my own.

i did think that till my brother-in-law was born, but the one he had (and we now use for our son) changed my mind, it is a nice cot and never caused us any problems...

...well till our sons arms got too strong and he could pull himself over the cot!!...he lerned that far too early....

hugs

The manufacture of these cribs should be charged! They had a simillar recall back a year or two ago on another model and they didn't bother to fix it on this model. Apparently the plastic fittings are weak enough to bend and break. This allowed infants to slip down between the bed and railing to cause stranglation. They knew of this problem and didn't fix it nor did they start a voluntary recall. And to make matters worse they will not answer the phones or place a message on their website. They are hiding after taking our monies while knowing it was a dangerous product.

On a different note. It surprises me how many people here (including me) believe that children stay in a crib until the age of 3. In fact most children are moved to a small bed/toddler bed around the age of 12 months. After this age babies are able to climb and will automatically try to climb out of the crib. We all can guess how dangerous that is.

As a I said, I too thought they stayed in them much longer. However as I get closer to our due date (twins will be born in February) I am quick realising that my concepts of babyhood are some what incorrect. Cribs are just one of a few concepts I had wrong.