LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Views On Molicare

Zippo

Hay, i just bought a pack of molicare super plus large to try alongside my usual Abena and i have to say - im not impressed. They have some very nice features but are let down by some very annoying flaws.

Absorbency: 7/10

I don't know the actual absorbency amount but they seem to do quit well. they took 3 largish wetting before struggling. However they seem to have a tendency to absorb most in the back so as you wet more your ass gets wet when you sit - quite nice for those into humiliation like me, but poor for a diaper. The crotch seems to take very little at all before it spreads and the shape of the crotch fails early.

Tapes: 0/10

These tapes are the worst i have ever come across - i don't know if it was just my batch but they would not stick to the plastic at all and i even had trouble with duct taping it! when brand name duct tape dosnt stick to plastic there is something very wrong...

Look: 8/10

This is one of the most criticized points of these diapers in that they are a light purple. However im a furry DBSM/DL so im fairly open to things which are not the 'traditional' diaper and i like the look. Its like white with a dose of purple and the diaper is also cut quite nicely - with a very wide back.

Feel and comfort: 9/10

This, both for plastic and for padding is simply the softest diaper i have ever felt sans a terry towel. Its not hot enough at this time of year to assess sweat, but they are very comfortable while dry.

Leek protection: 3/10

This is where the back fails. The leak guards didn't let down but as the pee goes up the back and you sit or lie especially it will eventually get out. This happens after only a few wettings and with the top front totally unused!

Over all i've been told these diapers were among the best but its not true. Abris are still my personal fav followed by tena slips - both good alround diapers. These are interesting and have some nice quirks but are not worth it over all.

Guest diaperguy68

Abena and Molicare are my two favorite diapers so far, due to their thickness. I could never go back to a thin diaper after trying these out.

I'm not sure what happened with your tapes, but to me, they are probably the strongest i have come across. i once showered for like 10-15 minutes in a molicare, getting as much water into the diaper as possible. it took about that time (10-15 mins) for the diaper to "roll" off of me. Even then, the tapes were still in tact

I wish they were white and more babyish looking, that is my only complaint.

I agree - they're no Abri-Form X-Plus or Secure X-Plus absorbency wise but the comfort is absolutely perfect - only a Bambino comes close to the Molicare softness. If only the tapes weren't so bloody terrible, they'd be great but I want a diaper that I know isn't going to tear around the tapes or pop open every few minutes. The two primary jobs of a diaper are to (a) stay put and (B) not leak and the tapes on Molicares have a nasty habit of cocking up both of those things. They've always had legendarily bad tapes though, for at least as long as I've been actively ABDL (going on ten years now, crikey blink.gif).

Interesting to get other people's takes on diapers. I like molicare super plus over abena x-plus because the crotch is wider in the molis - this means that it is less likely I'll leak while sitting down. They both are very comfortable, though, and as for tapes - I've had better results with molicare than I have with abena.

The most important thing is to find the diaper that is right for you!

It's odd to hear the complaints about the tapes on Molicares. I think they are the best tapes, by far of any diaper I have worn. Way better than Bambinos (the bottom tape is to high IMO) and Abriform. Maybe I have just been lucky. lol Molicare is def. my favorite diaper. They have a unique feel to them and have not leaked on me yet. Love the color, too!

Though I haven't worn Molicare hardly at all lately, it is important to remember that Molicare has been around and widely available (at least on-line) for a long time, and that they were the original "thick" adult diaper. As an AB, Abena's are hard to pass up with the white outer cover and smooth, crinkly plastic, plus their thickness and absorbency; but, I'll never forget wearing Molicare's growing up and being grateful for their thickness and absorbency. I think I'll purchase some more in the near future to continue to show my support for making a consistent quality product.

Everyone should email Bambino and tell them that the bottom tape is to high, I did. But doubt they will do anything about it unless a bunch of people complain about it. They did say they would pass it on to the development team.

Everyone should email Bambino and tell them that the bottom tape is to high, I did. But doubt they will do anything about it unless a bunch of people complain about it. They did say they would pass it on to the development team.

I've not tried Bambino's yet, they worth it?

I've been wearing Molicares for the past few months consistently. I got a large amount at a great price, so I've got no reason to buy more.... and haven't had any tape problems aside from a single tape slipping I'd say about 1/10 diapers (always the bottom right, I think it's user error :)). It never seems to tear on me, and I can always tape it back on. It's really not a problem in the Molicare Super Plus.

Same thing would happen with Bambinos to me... I tape would just 'slip' and I'd have to fix it.... but all of this is no where near the pain and suffering Abena's tapes would give me.. I would get make 4 or 5 X-plus's correct as far as tapes go, and one later would just give, tear or completely rip the diaper.

I think it's all about body shape, or maybe taping/diapering methods.... cause I've never had to duct tape myself into a diaper... any ideas on that one?

• Like 1

I've never really had much problem with tapes on any nappy - A well fitting onesie (or abena bodystocking) holds it all perfectly well, even if the tapes are not as good as they could be.

I think the reason the molicares fit so well is because they are really very stretchy. If they had a taping panel like tena, it would stop them conforming as well to the shape and movement of your body.

But the single thing that impressed me most about the Molicare Super Plus... and the single reason why I'm able to wear one so long without a hint of a leak, is that they wick so much better than any tena, abena or cuddlz (UK version of Bambinos, by all accounts). After 6 hours in a Molicare during the day (sitting, walking etc.... not sleeping on my back) almost the whole of the back padding has soaked and gelled. The same in anything else and the nappy is dry from the center of the crotch backwards - more than half the fluff never gets used one bit.

For me, that places the Molicare very much above all the others.

Tad.

I love Molicare super plus. They are purple, and would be nice if they were white but that's a small problem. Sometimes the tapes are a problem but not often enough to be a disincentive.

They feel awesome and you know you have a diaper on for sure and that's our number one rule. I have to be aware I have a diaper on. They look great too. We put Diego and other cartoon figures on them so they look even better.

• Like 1

I have to agree with another poster's comments - molicare tapes are much better than abena tapes; I rarely have problems with them. Also, molicare supers are my go-to diaper for working out in as they are thin, comfortable, and have those breathable sides.

Interesting comments about the bambino tapes. I don't have a problem with the bottom tape but I do think the TOP tape is too low - it doesn't come over the top of my hips like it should (i.e. a belt). That's another reason I like the molicares - the tapes are at the right locations to keep the diaper secure on me.

To shed a little light on how Abena tapes can be so good for some and so poor for others, here are my observations.

Tapes on Abena AirPlus are the same as the tapes on the regular Abenas, it's just that the AirPlus 'fabric' cover isn't particularly compatible with the tapes themselves. The AirPlus have almost always required reinforcements for me (whitie-tighties or, yes, duct tape strips). They just won't hold for even a short time. All in all, a rather underwhelming tape performance.

Whereas, the regular Abenas with a plastic cover stick very well to the tapes. Sometimes the blue tape can be repositioned, but if the white part touches the diaper cover, it doesn't want to let go without tearing. In that case, no extra reinforcement is needed and the diapers stay in place quite well.

Molicare tapes for me have been mostly like the regular Abena tapes - quite solid, though the Abenas were a bit better. I use all three (Molicare, Abena regular, and Abena AirPlus) depending on what physical activity I'm planning or what feel I'm after.

So, if all you have tried is the Abena AirPlus line, then I can certainly understand why you'd be disappointed with the performance of their tapes.

Standard abena's do go through batch's of bad tapes, I've had a bag of them where the same tape has popped off the nappy, not fun :(. Or if they don't stick first time they can lose that stickiness pretty quick. But all together they do seem a bit better then what you hear on here :P.