LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wake A Sleeping Baby?

Junibug 4 Lucy

a good few hours ago was declared bed time, so i let lucy finish waching her program...which she kept nodding off to, but made it trough....and then said it was time for bed...she's all ready in her blue footed sleeper and all nice and snugg...the only problem is that she is sound asleep on the sofa, and so content!..

i have tryed to wake her a few times and she stirs and goes right back to sleep, a few hours have past and she still there!

what do i do??

you know what they say....never wake a sleeping baby!

in the last week this has been happening more and more,

so whet do i do? wake her but it would have to be in a rather unplesnt way as she keeps nodding off ...

or leve her there and go to bed myself??

thing is she looks so cute! just like a real baby...if i could carry her to bed i would....

so one exausted mermaid wondering what i shoud do...?

hugs

juniper

xxx

• Like 1

thats sounds soo cute!!!

the bonus with tadpole is that he's only like 10lbs, so when he nods off i can just carry him without waking him up.

when frog-girl naps on the sofa i find that waking her up with lots of kisses does the trick, babies never get grouchy when theres plenty of kisses to be had!!!

froggie

xx

• Like 2
Guest TBinthehoodie

thats sounds soo cute!!!

the bonus with tadpole is that he's only like 10lbs, so when he nods off i can just carry him without waking him up.

when frog-girl naps on the sofa i find that waking her up with lots of kisses does the trick, babies never get grouchy when theres plenty of kisses to be had!!!

froggie

xx

wow frogboy tadpole is heavier then i was when i was born i was like..... 9 pounds close to 10. but congrats on the tadpole

in future, put a soft cover on the sofa (mine has this fleecey blanket on it). grab a blow up bed (no real explosives), loads of soft stuff (blankies, pillows, bean bags, duvets etc) and pop em right next to the sofa.When she drifts off and you dont want to wake her, slide her off by pulling the blanket on the sofa and she'll fall into a comfy bed like area.

She'll still get a good nights sleep, but not be on the sofa.

Yay.

• Like 1

eventully she got up and came to bed! took about 4 hrs though!!!....

thanx for all the suggestions, i will use them next time!...she seems to be making a habbit of it...i guess al that nursery time (uni!) is tiering her!

when she woke this morning she was complaining of bad back, kinda serves her right i think, but i did feel bad...

hugs

juniper

xxx

froggie....my son was just over 5lb when he was born, so he was easy to move....miss thoes days!

....when she woke this morning she was complaining of bad back....

I was going to mention something about that but I'm too late to be any help :(

Even if you're young and it doesn't bother you, sleeping improperly can lead to back problems later on in life. I severely aggravated my own back injuries by frequently sleeping in a recliner :huh: It felt good because it relieved the pressure on the nerves in my back- but it caused the bones and discs to deform which then made it easier for the nerves to become aggravated.

I hope her back feels better now ;)

Bettypooh

yeh i worry about lucy sleeping on the sofa too long, she has back problems...lumber degenaration, wich basicly means that part of her lower back has crumbeld....it doesnt bother her too much, unless she sleeps on the sofa!!!

i'm now armed with a lot of good ideas when she does it again....

Thanx guys

hugs

xxxx

Same problem here 'cept mine is the whole back (discs and all) with the Lumbar just the worst of it- plus arthritis is setting in :( AFAIK there's nothing to do about it except be super-careful to always baby the spine and take big doses of Glucosamine and Chondroitin to slow the degeneration process down. Not trying to be scary but for people like us one unlucky injury can leave us disabled, maybe even wheelchair-bound so I think it wise to end all laying on the sofa period :huh: It may take some fun out of today but it might save some real misery tomorrow :whistling:

If you haven't done so already, find a good chiropractor or Physical Therapist who specializes in backs and have them reccommend how to best maintain whatever is left. You may not like some of what they recommend but considering the possible consequences you at least need to know what you're up against. I had to stop reclining in the recliner, quit laying on the sofa, learn better posture while sitting (which is still uncomfortable and feels unnatural but I do feel better at the end of the day), and give up thinking "I can lift that" if something is awkward or heavy -_- Well, at least I can still walk and do most of what I want to which isn't bad considering....B)

Wishing you the best of luck with it :)

Bettypooh

Same problem here 'cept mine is the whole back (discs and all) with the Lumbar just the worst of it- plus arthritis is setting in :( AFAIK there's nothing to do about it except be super-careful to always baby the spine and take big doses of Glucosamine and Chondroitin to slow the degeneration process down. Not trying to be scary but for people like us one unlucky injury can leave us disabled, maybe even wheelchair-bound so I think it wise to end all laying on the sofa period :huh: It may take some fun out of today but it might save some real misery tomorrow :whistling:

If you haven't done so already, find a good chiropractor or Physical Therapist who specializes in backs and have them reccommend how to best maintain whatever is left. You may not like some of what they recommend but considering the possible consequences you at least need to know what you're up against. I had to stop reclining in the recliner, quit laying on the sofa, learn better posture while sitting (which is still uncomfortable and feels unnatural but I do feel better at the end of the day), and give up thinking "I can lift that" if something is awkward or heavy -_- Well, at least I can still walk and do most of what I want to which isn't bad considering....B)

Wishing you the best of luck with it :)

Bettypooh

thankyou for your advise and concern....i'm sorry to hear your back is quite bad and hope it isn't too much bother for you...

luckily lucy's doen't realy affect her too much...unless she sleeps on the sofa!!

she had it mostly sorted as a teen and has been pretty much ok since, i was a lil worried a few years ago as she was at high risk of ostioporosis <<sp?

she was on a high dose of calcium and lickily was not affected :)

as i said she is doing ok but i do worry a little..

again thankyou for your advice and i will keep it in mind as there is always the risk it will get worse, but luckily for now shes doing ok

hugs

xxxx