LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depends Lucky Find? Possibly?

Since I moved into my dorm again for the 2nd year of College....Went to the CVS down the street to get some diapers. I keep finding the Red and White Depends packaging. 3 tape on each side. Are these old and from like the 1990's? I went back today to get another pack of 22. (Yes 22!) The CVS I go to seems to be stocking these, and I'm not complaining. Just wondering if they were from before the green packaging of maximum protection came out or if it was a special packaging? They are Mediums. They feel thinner than the Depends green packaging ones I've tried, and the tapes seem to hold pretty good. Excuse the poor quality iphone photos.

Thought I would share. :)

photofid.jpg

photo1el.jpg

photo2ko.jpg

Those look like the ones that are the same as the first ones in the green packs. I haven't worn depends in several years so they may be better now. Those were just as bad as the first ones I used in the green packaging. When they first went from the green diapers to white, I don't remember the red packages being multi-lingual. BTW, I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the green ones better than the white.

Hmm... It would appear that those're from when they made them thinner and white and also before they went from day and night absorbancy to Maximum Protection. Most of the old green ones were double-decker bags about the same width as the current bags. The daytime absorbancy had 22 diapers, while the night time absorbancy had 20.

I remember buying these. It was probably 2000 or so, shortly after I got my license. I originally had to buy the green ones but after about a year or so they had the new and improved white ones. Since these ones don't really have a lot of print talking about new and improved aside from underwear like color, then I would say it is between 2000-05 or so until they changed the packaging to it's more current green bag. So really they are 8 years old at most if I'm figuring it right.

Great find though, bet the stores like, wow, we're finally selling these things that have been collecting dust forever. You would think depend would've bought them back to put the new ones on the shelf. I worked in retail before and companies would do that sometimes just so the new item would be there. See if you can find a date printed on the package or diaper somewhere.

I couldn't find a date, but at the bottom of the first bag, is a depends little piece of paper saying "max. protection coming soon!" with a coupon for a 1.00 off which expired in 2006. So they must only be 3-4 years old.

Those would be when they changed from a separate day and night diaper. Best I could tell was that they started selling just the thinner "day" diaper calling it max protection for day or night.

i remember those. wow that cvs must not sell to many depends in that size.

I wear depends diapers. the three tape. ones. size large. even though they say i fit in a med. but they dont cover as much. the size large i can wrap the front wings down into the back of the diaper. and the tapes come near the middle of the diaper. they soak up more pee this way. and for me i get about four light wettings and two to three heavy wettings before i start to show leakage. i use depends. because CVS puts them on sale alot. right now with the cvs card they are 11. bucks. for a bag of 16 large. or 20 sml/med.