LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

CushyToosh

So I happened to come across this new company that sells baby and adult cloth diapers. There name is Cushy Toosh and found at Cushytoosh.com for baby diapers(also adult probably if needed. Also there etsy.com site which shows some adult diapers Etsy.com or on ebay at Ebay Seller Her name is Susie and can be e-mailed at abdlfashions@yahoo.com. She is obviously ab/dl aware so don't worry about anything.

She is very reasonable with the pricing compared with other cloth diaper companies. They have a lot of promotions and if you mention code word "INSERT4" as a refereal, you'll get a fourth insert free with purchase of a cloth diaper with the pul lining. You automatically get three with a Pul lined cloth diaper.

I have been in communication with the company for a while and have tried a lot of their products. They can pretty much make anything you want as they hand make everything. They are great seamstress's that really take pride in their work and are always coming out with new items it seems.

I've gotten quite a few things from them and everything so far has held up real well. I'll list them off for you.

Sorry, I'm not the best with fabrics so I'll just be descriptive.

I first got a cloth pocket diaper with a cloth outer cover, pul inner liner, snap closures. I also got several inserts.

Inserts: The inserts went in nice and easy with the pocket in the back. They are maybe 4" by 8" and absorb a ton, really they do. They are also now selling ones that are full length of the diaper front to back, up to 30" long, these also hold a ton and are more convenient than stuffing several and having overlap. I have a couple full length ones now along with about 9 regular size ones. They have several different materials they use too for the inserts, the most common being a terry towel like but really soft, then there's a bath towel like one, a quilted one like a mattress type material and the newest and greatest which I haven't tried is a Sherpa insert.

Pul lined cloth pocket diaper: The cloth outer cover you can get in almost any color or print you want they sell at a store like Wal-Mart. Check out the baby diapers for color swatches as they can be used for adult diapers too. The pul liner goes right up against this outer fabric and then a soft bamboo lining goes on top of that but is only sewed around the edges with an opening in the back to stuff inserts in. You can stuff them up to the front through the diaper and even into the wings of the front and back. At the pocket opening in the back and around the legs are elastic. These diapers look awesome when on and are very comfortable. Either with Velcro or snap closures. The first diaper I got I noticed after a while, it wicked out the sides a little in the crotch area. This was because they were putting the bamboo lining to close to the edge so it wicked over to the cloth on the front of the diaper. After discussing this with them we came up with a different idea to stop this from happening. They sent me a trial on one that used a wrap over technique to keep the inner bamboo liner about half an inch inside the diaper and the cloth outer cover and pul liner wrap to the inside of the diapers to cover the lining a little. This greatly prevented the wicking, it wasn't perfect, but better and they are still improving the design as I know this is the reason why many cloth diaper wearers don't use the pul lined diapers due to the wicking. They have recently came out with a new one which I'm awaiting delivery of that they say pretty much won't wick at all and is designed more like a disposable with the leak guards. I'll post once I've tested it.

I suggested to them to maybe make a cloth diaper without a pul lining so it would require plastic pants and still make it a pocket diaper but have some inserts sewn into the diaper already. What they come up with was truly amazing. I'm telling you, these two diapers, hold a ton. The biggest thing I noticed from these two is after several wettings, they continually wick and disperse the urine. There is no puddling at the bottom of the diaper like I've seen with babykins say. The diaper can be sagging off my rear it's so soaked and I take off my plastic pants and nothing even drips. No real press out which is great. This was even without stuffing anything. They are both slightly different but like I said, they are pretty much a custom shop so you could incorporate whatever features you'd like into your diaper. Run it by them and they'll shoot you a price I'm sure.

Cloth diaper 1: This has no pul lining at all and requires plastic pants. It is made of a material like your bath towels would be. This is on the outside. On the inside is the bamboo lining and elastic around the legs and the back at the pocket. It has Velcro closures. It has a full size insert sewn to the bamboo lining that runs the full length of the diaper front to back, side to side, so the same size as the lining. It's not as thick as a normal insert but is full size so it does a great job. You can add extra inserts if you'd like for more absorbency but I think alone, I estimated it to hold about 40-50oz with no press out, leaking or additional inserts. This is a great fitting diaper. I love it, it feels like you have a towel between your legs but cut and sewn to size. It's not overly thick but you definitely could make it to be by adding inserts. Drying time isn't too bad. Maybe a cycle to a cycle and a half.

Cloth diaper 2: This has no pul lining either so plastic pants required. It is made of a fleece like material that's thinner than the above diaper but I would say holds just about as much. It has an insert attached to the bamboo lining that just runs down the center from front to back. I asked for additional elastic in the front which I think is a good fit to have in front and back. There is of course elastic around the legs too. I love this one too as it's not too thick if you don't want it, dries in a regular load but you can fill the thing with inserts if you want.

I really like the idea behind the pocket cloth diaper with plastic pants. It solves a lot of the common problems of cloth diapering. This diaper can absorb a ton without inserts and dry in a regular cycle but you can add inserts to fit your needs for the day without changing the diaper. With the right plastic pants, it will be virtually leak proof which is often a concern with pul lined diapers but we'll see now with the new pul lined one I'll be getting.

Drop them a line and see what they can do for you. I'm not affiliated with them but have given them a lot of feedback which they've listened to and have "tested" for them quite a bit. I'd highly recommend them for your cloth diapers. Drop me a line too with any questions, I also have pics of a lot of the prints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Duck!

Been busy, busy and we've come a looooonnnggg way:0) We now have awesome aio pullups with incredible soakers. We are also incorporating HEMP in our inserts for superb results. Soon I'll be listing wool covers. These are great being odor free and acts as a natural repellant covering.

Here is a few photos on bucket...

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/Susan_Louise/?albumview=slideshow

www.cushytoosh.com

Thanks for posting, even though it was last year:0)

duck, duck goose!

Hi Duck!

Been busy, busy and we've come a looooonnnggg way:0) We now have awesome aio pullups with incredible soakers. We are also incorporating HEMP in our inserts for superb results. Soon I'll be listing wool covers. These are great being odor free and acts as a natural repellant covering.

Here is a few photos on bucket...

http://s898.photobuc...mview=slideshow

www.cushytoosh.com

Thanks for posting, even though it was last year:0)

duck, duck goose!

So, let me try to understand all this, Cushy Toosh:

In re: Adult Cloth Diaper Company

There is a well-respected firm with the trademark "Adult Cloth Diaper Company" and a website "Adult Cloth Diaper dot Com"

Your firm has no business relationship with the established firm Adult Cloth Diaper Company. Is that correct? Do you have permission to use their trademark?

Angela, with the greatest respect, are you seriously trying to tell me that whenever I want to talk about a garment made of many cotton fibres woven together with the design purpose of soaking up my pee and which is designed to fit the body of a person over the age of 18 that I have to follow my post with:

"Please note that in no way am I talking about an Adult Cloth Diaper™, which is a trade mark of All Together Enterprises of Utah, USA. Any similarity is entirely coincidental and no connection between myself and All Together Enterprises is intended, implied or should be inferred."

:rolleyes::whistling:

The problem is not that someone said Adult Cloth Diaper... it was Adult Cloth Diaper Company which is a registered trademark of All Together Enterprises. Angela is a corporate attorney and handles just these kind of cases. You can say "I make cloth diapers." or "I run a diaper business." But you can't use other people's names... it's no different than the C&D letters we have gotten from Gerber for calling snap-crotch T-shirts Onesies that weren't made by Gerber who owns that name.

Now, you and I can say we'd like a Onesie in our size all day and night... but we couldn't sell a shirt we made and call them Onesies. As a Business - even a start-up one CushyToosh has to respect the intellectual property of other businesses.

Angela, with the greatest respect, are you seriously trying to tell me that whenever I want to talk about a garment made of many cotton fibres woven together with the design purpose of soaking up my pee and which is designed to fit the body of a person over the age of 18 that I have to follow my post with:

"Please note that in no way am I talking about an Adult Cloth Diaper™, which is a trade mark of All Together Enterprises of Utah, USA. Any similarity is entirely coincidental and no connection between myself and All Together Enterprises is intended, implied or should be inferred."

No AutieAB, that is not what I wrote. What I pointed out is that when the claim is presented that "Firm CT" is "another Adult Cloth Diaper Company" that is a prohibited trade practice and a violation of a valid registered trademark. If what you mean is that you also make and sell adult cloth diapers, saying so is not deceptive nor does it infringe on the ACD trademark.

Our moderator Betty Pooh has her opinion. Daily Di understands the trademark issue and edited the topic title.

We all assume the posting was entirely innocent. However, this is how so many of the corporation vs corporation IP cases I litigate get started.

I am sure you and Betty Pooh would like the laws to be different. I got used to people resenting when I had to buzz kill because of legal issues.

Bottom line is ACD is not a client of my firm. Do what you like with respect to IP, but hope that you do not infringe any IP owned by my clients. Trust me, I am a heck of a lot more the buzz kill when I am being paid. People tend to avoid being at the other end of the counsel table from me.

Closing this now. Thread title was changed as I do respect copyrights and Intellectual Property, and there's really no point in people who aren't lawyers debating this issue. When it comes to these sort of things I trust Angela's advice 100% as this is what she does, and meets with my previous encounters with IP/Trademark issues that have arisen from past posts. (I have a folder full of C&D letters, mostly from improper use of trademarks in the story area - ie: misusing products or assigning fictitious products to known companies.)

In this specific case I'm not going to spend the time to research ACD Company's trademark... they are a known mark in this community in use since at least 2002 and that's good enough for me. Changing the thread title was a fair action to take for a respected company.

I welcome - and encourage - CushyToosh to become an active member of the community and post about the lifestyle in general as well as her product line, but we all (myself included) have to follow certain rules and laws.