LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Found One

So I found a medical supply store about 2 miles from my condo! I went in and as I was looking around this nice lady asked me how she could help. I said adult diapers, she said they were all in back :( but then she said they had samples at the desk I could look at :) . Even though I was clearly looking at diapers none of the other workers even looked up, very respectful. I am sure she knew they were for me (as i crinkled when i walked :P ), but the whole time she asked questions about what size and everything was "the person wearing them"!!!! I go a 12 pack of nightengale, which is what they had for tape on diapers. They also had pullups, but I plan to try these first. They sold in cases too!!

I am so happy I can drive close by and buy something that is not depends :drive1:

That is so awesome. I'm glad you found a place where you can buy comfortably. I always figured I might try and get a job at a place like that, but when I started to buy them myself, ppl might start to talk! Unless they are all AB/DLs... Hmmmm.

Is this your first time buying from a store?

I'm glad you found a store nearby. I hope this works out for you. I looked in the reviews here and found this one. Is this what you have? There is a link to the seller included.

http://www.dailydiap...uct&product=222

Nightingale Extra Brief:Gulf South Medical SupplyGulf South SelectPlain white; very noisy and thin diaper. Has a blue core, but little capacity. A single medium wetting goes almost all the way behind the crotch. Tapes are good, though, and refastenable. On par with with Medline Protection Plus, classic. Not especially recommended.

I hope your experience is better. Maybe you can add a review, yourself.

Its sure nice that they are so helpful in this store - that is great. If the Nightingale don't work out for you, you might ask if they could stock another brand for you. I at least get Attends at the med supply store I use - not the absolute best, but they do for me.

I hate many medical supply stores because regardless many of them do look at you awkward in my experience...

Adrian, have you tried the Medical Supply Superstore? If so, what was your experience in shopping for diapers (brands available, helpful staff)? There was one on Capital Boulevard but it closed. I hear the big one is in Durham.

Those are the ones I bought. I hope they work out well, if not they were good price (could always use as a liner, or double up.

I have bought diapers before, but mainly like depends....which are only ok.

I was really worried about them looking at me weird but from what I saw this is a store where health care workers buy them. I think she thought I was like an in home care worker, i think they get that a lot. She kept referring to, "the person that wears them." She never asked at all who they were for, very professional. I will have to try some others next time. And like a salesperson, she tried to sell me lotions and soaps for that area, lol.

So Tigon, don't forget to come back and tell us what you think of these diapers! The service in this store sounds great, but it is every bit as helpful in the med supply store I use. While they don't have samples available (that I know of), they go out of their way to be helpful. Most customers stop at the front desk to ask for help, but I'm now familiar with where the diapers are - at the very back corner of the building - and so if asked, I just say I know where to find what I need.

At times they've been out of stock and I've got to ask. They are always willing to go downstairs to check and usually come back with a box of 2 bags of Attends for me. If they are out of stock, they apologize and offer to call within a day or two when they are back in the store. One clerk I've seen often actually asked ME the price one time when she couldn't remember.

I think all med supply stores are going to be pretty professional about any product they sell. If there wasn't some need for the products, after all, they wouldn't be selling them! I bought one of the cheap enema/douche kits there without a flinch.

The one thing I wonder about is whether diapers and such are covered by med insurance here in the US and if they wonder why I'm paying cash instead. I wish my family knew of my diaper use, too, because then I could use my prepaid medical card (can't think of the real name now...where you put in a set amount of money per year pre-tax and can use it for medical supplies).

diaperpt