LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility Atn

I went to buy Annie's diapers today and the store where I get her diapers at was sold out of brand she uses. The lady that owns the store said that Tranuility ATN are a really great diaper and will hold as much as the brand Annie usually wears. Has anyone here used Tranquility? Are they a good diaper? The lady told me if I wasn't happy with them. I could bring back what was left of the pack and she would refund my money. I noticed one thing about them when she showed me a sample of the diaper. They are thick and have a plastic covering on them.

Although it has been a long time since I have worn these diapers, I think that they are good diapers. What brand does Annie normally wear? The Tranquility ATN's are thick and absorbent, and usually quite expensive, so if you got a good deal on them, that's great. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

Guest Katharsys

I went to buy Annie's diapers today and the store where I get her diapers at was sold out of brand she uses. The lady that owns the store said that Tranuility ATN are a really great diaper and will hold as much as the brand Annie usually wears. Has anyone here used Tranquility? Are they a good diaper? The lady told me if I wasn't happy with them. I could bring back what was left of the pack and she would refund my money. I noticed one thing about them when she showed me a sample of the diaper. They are thick and have a plastic covering on them.

I used to use the ATNs on a regular basis. For moderate to light, they are excellent. The main reason I switched to X-Plus was due to a better cost per diaper due to a reduction in the number of changes. If the ATNs had a better heavy (re)wetting, I would still use them.

They are, IMHO, about one step below Abena X-Plus and Mollicare. About 2 steps down from the claims I have heard made about Bambinos. And about 20 steps up from Depends Overnights.

I've been using Tranquility for years now. At bed time I use the ATN along with a Huggies size 5 overnite. This combo is just as good as a Molicare! I highly recommend them. The best price is at Magic Medical, http://magicmedical.com/trandisdiap.html The price includes shipping and discreet shipping. Stay away from Northshore Care, a case of Tranquility is 8 bags, Northshore Care will sell you a case with only 6 bags!

Phil

I've had the Tranquility ATN's in the past and had problems with the tapes sticking. Absorbance was ok for a medium thickness diaper. If that's all they have a quality diaper go with it.

I use Tranquility ATN quite a lot along side Abena X-plus. The ATN doesn't hold quite as much as the abena(although don't get me wrong the ATN still holds a lot), but the tapes are much better. The ATN is cut a lot smaller in my opinion than other briefs(I use size small), but the smaller cut fits my smaller build much better.

Occasionally there are tape issues. After applying the tape I put a finger over the tape and one inside the diaper and rub to add pressure and build up some friction heat to help the adhesive.

Also especially for bedtime, any diaper needs special consideration for proper diapering.

Phil

I've had the Tranquility ATN's in the past and had problems with the tapes sticking. Absorbance was ok for a medium thickness diaper. If that's all they have a quality diaper go with it.

I agree with Darboy, as I too have had issues with the tapes on ATN's. That being said however, they are they best diapers that are avalible to me locally at my medical supply store. Absorbancy is good especially with a stuffer added. You should give them a try though, as they are a decent absorber and are plastic backed.

I called Principal Business, the manufacturer of Tranquility earlier this year.

I voiced my concern that they might be like other companies and go with cloth like. I was assured that they will not abandon plastic backed diapers. They have heard from caregivers expressing since the plastic makes it easier to slide on a bed it makes it easier for changes. I was told they have out or are working on a paperback but again the plastic is here to stay! :thumbsup:

Phil

You should give them a try though, as they are a decent absorber and are plastic backed.

Annie normally wearing Prevail or Select. They are pretty good diapers. When I showed Annie the diapers. She wrinkled up her nose and made a disgusted look. I put her in one before she went to bed. She said she doesn't like the bulkness of the diaper. It pushes her legs out too much and makes her waddle like a duck. I'll know tomorrow morning how well the diaper did. I think I got a pretty good deal on them. I got them for 8.70 a pack. They was a little more than Prevail and Select,but if they work out great. Then it will be worth it. The only problem I had with the tapes was they stick too well. When I tried to adjust the diaper to get it tighter. Part of the plastic covering came up with the tape.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing the (large) ATNs for a few months now and they so far I like them. They fit well, comfortable and pretty absorbent for a few hours. I continually go so I have had some issues with leaking - I have gotten some Abena boosters and that has made them that much better.

A definite drawback is the price. I am like some of the others - I might as well spend the money for Abena X Plus which just cant be beaten.

• 2 weeks later...

Like PhilDL, I have been using Tranquility ATNs for some time now. I have had some small issues with the tapes but I have solved that by using baby diaper pins with the tapes. I have not had a tape slip since I began using diaper pins.

I, too, use baby diapers as a booster and this added combination works very well. I buy my diapers locally and in person from a lady who has a small warehouse. She is very helpful and has allowed me to use many samples for finding the right combination that works best. Even without the booster baby diaper I was able to wet my ATN diaper 3 or 4 times without leaking. With baby diaper booster I can wear the same diaper for most of the day. I'm fortunate that I don't have problems with diaper rash.

The diaper combination I use costs about $1.25 per application for nighttime wearing and about $1.03 for daytime use with the Tranquility Slimlines.