LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Extra-large Diaper Sizes

Okay... I don't know the best way to really start this topic other than to explain the situation.

I have someone I take care of who is quite large around her middle. In years past, the large attends would have fit her and they had nice elastics at that time which would hold them up. But she put on a little more weight and so I am forced to use extra-large sizes from other manufacturers (because she hated the micro-pore lining of the attends extra-large.) They have some elastic at the waist and are absorbant enough but my biggest complaint is - has anyone every looked at where a person's waist is when their hips (and butt) are wide enough to warrant the larger sized diaper? They need to be about 2 or 3" LONGER to fit right. And it seems to be a pretty common issue among all the different brands we tried (some are even shorter / smaller compared to other brands of the XL sizes.) It's like they just added wider wings to the large sizes and said "good enough."

The shorter length means these do not go around the waist but around the hips and they slide down. Also being around the hips, the tapes break apart because they are being flexed as the person walks unlike the tapes that would be around their waist. It really bothered me when I had taken her out on a nice walk and her diaper slid down around her knees and we had to find a private place to "fix it." And we have tried garments over these (no one makes plastic pants quite large enough (it's always the leg holes) for us to use.) The tapes pop off and the diaper leaks - no matter what we try.

So, if someone here has any clout with the manufacturers, can someone look into this issue? In the meantime, I have been trying to help this lovely lady lose some weight but due to medical reasons, it's an uphill battle.

Cloth would work - except - the plastic pants issue...

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Tranquility makes bariatric diapers.

If you prefer cloth diapers, Angel Fluff will make a diaper to fit anyone!

Okay... I don't know the best way to really start this topic other than to explain the situation.

I have someone I take care of who is quite large around her middle. In years past, the large attends would have fit her and they had nice elastics at that time which would hold them up. But she put on a little more weight and so I am forced to use extra-large sizes from other manufacturers (because she hated the micro-pore lining of the attends extra-large.) They have some elastic at the waist and are absorbant enough but my biggest complaint is - has anyone every looked at where a person's waist is when their hips (and butt) are wide enough to warrant the larger sized diaper? They need to be about 2 or 3" LONGER to fit right. And it seems to be a pretty common issue among all the different brands we tried (some are even shorter / smaller compared to other brands of the XL sizes.) It's like they just added wider wings to the large sizes and said "good enough."

The shorter length means these do not go around the waist but around the hips and they slide down. Also being around the hips, the tapes break apart because they are being flexed as the person walks unlike the tapes that would be around their waist. It really bothered me when I had taken her out on a nice walk and her diaper slid down around her knees and we had to find a private place to "fix it." And we have tried garments over these (no one makes plastic pants quite large enough (it's always the leg holes) for us to use.) The tapes pop off and the diaper leaks - no matter what we try.

So, if someone here has any clout with the manufacturers, can someone look into this issue? In the meantime, I have been trying to help this lovely lady lose some weight but due to medical reasons, it's an uphill battle.

Cloth would work - except - the plastic pants issue...

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Tranquility makes bariatric diapers.

If you prefer cloth diapers, Angel Fluff will make a diaper to fit anyone!

True. But the plastic pants was always the problem... Too tight around the legs. And the bariatic diapers - they seem to be the same as the X-large diapers but with stretchy longer wings but they do not seem to be longer to fit up over the hips.

I guess we'll have to try harder with the weight-loss then. All around it's healthier for her.

Thanks!