LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plushie Trends?

I'm curious...

Do any of you notice a "plushie trend" in the plushies you have and/or plushies you want? This could be species, color, fabric type, size, anything that's a pattern you see.

Note: These are just tendencies, not true in all cases.

Plushies I have:

Trend #1: Most of my plushies seem to be either bears or dogs.

Trend #2: Most of my plushies have short fur.

Plushies I want (gravitate to):

Trend #1: I tend to gravitate toward giraffes and dogs/wolves.

Trend #2: I usually gravitate toward plushies in between 8 and 26 inches in height.

Trend #3: I usually gravitate to "scruffy" plushies - both "scruffy" as in older, and "scruffy" as in shaggy fur.

Trend #4: I seem to go for "baby safe" plushies a lot (wonder why :P )...This isn't true for all cases, however, with giraffe plushies, I ALWAYS gravitate toward baby safe...

Trend #5: ...EXCEPT in the case of a very LARGE giraffe plushie that I could very well be labeled as "obsessed" over. I've been looking for him for ages (There's so many sites with 5'+ giraffe plushies, but there was a certian one once...) I'm pretty sure the eyes aren't baby safe, but I MUST HAVE HIM one day.

Trend #6: As with all cuddly things, I LOVE soft cushy fabrics for my plushies (such as chenille).

Trend #7: I tend to not do well with "beanie" plushie stuffing, overall. I don't judge a plushie by their stuffing, but beanie stuffing is injustice to a plushie, in my humble opinion...

How about you all?

~ moogle

oh yes! there is a definite pattern to the plushies i buy/want! i tend to have a lot of bears, bunnies, & dinos.

for bears, i usually want them to be some shade of brown. occassionally, i'm okay with a panda, but i'm a sucker for classic teddies. for bunnies, i like them to be white, babyblue, or pink. for dinos, they have to be green.

generally, my favourite plushies are at least 24in.

as for fur, i'm actually really picky. i like some of the newer textures, but i've noticed that many new plushies are this weird stringy stuff that isn't actually fur. gross!

i too don't really care for bean-stuffed plushies. gotta go with the fluffy stuff. :)

The plushies I like are bears - of all sorts (see my avatar for my faveroite). I can't stand the ones with beans inside them - they almost seem false to me.... I love the ones that are squishy and can be cuddled. The size is not that important, I do have a few that are 4-5 foot tall, but most of mine are in the 12-24" range. The all are soft and squishable, including the 4-5' ones - soft enough that they squish when you lie in their arms :)

Guest Baby Tiana

Well most of mine are bears. Although I have some frogs and this really soft bunny with a bell on it. He has HUGE feet.

I really like the bears at Build A Bear. They are so nice and soft. Also you can make them really fluffy. I am going back with a friend to make sisters for the others we made two years ago. If I do I will post the pic of my new teddy or animal. I am not to picky if its not a bear. I sort of want a lamb. giggles. But Bears rock the most.

i like mine super soft feeling..

but my biggest trend is in hte names and backstories i give my stuffed animals..

i've got samuel, he is my teddy bear.. and he is the uncle to esteban ( a wicked cute little stuffed ducky wearing a diaper) and isaac ( asmaller teddy bear), who is in medical school. There is also phillip the penguin - he is a friend of isaac's from medical school who works for samuel.There is abbigail ( a giant lady bug ) who is Sameul's housekeeper. Thenthere is Peeps (named by my daddy who made him for me at the build a bear) peeps used to be the housekeeper for isaac,but they ended up having a mad love affair, broken off when peeps felt it was getting too serious, as she is afraid of commitment.

i also have sparticus 'the crime fighter' rex, my dinosaur i got from build a dinoat disney.

Guest YkDave

ok... google once again has amazed me with some of the things it comes up with....

Now, i have to ask (no disrespect intended) are any of you guys 'plushophiles'?... Not that theirs anything wrong with it (no different than being AB/DL!), just curious after coming across that...

I've always loved plushies (no, not a plushophile, Dave), I usually go for some of the less commons species, like dinosaurs and squid.

Plushies I have:

huge iguana

triceratops

pterosaur

and a bunch of random stuff from when i was a kid, one bear my dad got me, some dragons, a couple unicorns, random old beany babies.

Plushies I want:

squid (wild republic makes a cute one, their the same company that made my dino plushies)

humpback whale

maybe more dragons

more wild republic dinosaurs

eventually i want to try sewing some plushies, i want to make some extinct animals, like dunkleosteus and anomalocaris :3

ok... google once again has amazed me with some of the things it comes up with....

Now, i have to ask (no disrespect intended) are any of you guys 'plushophiles'?... Not that theirs anything wrong with it (no different than being AB/DL!), just curious after coming across that...

Plushophiles? Uh...Aren't those the people that like to have sex with plushies, or have a sexual attraction to plushies? I came across a site like that once, and I was beyond horrified...To me, having sex with or having a sexual attraction to a plushie is as bad as beastiality. No disrespect intended, but to me? Just no.

~ moogle

Guest YkDave

Yup, that would be it... lol

but hey, its no worse than some of us 'getting off' with diapers... Nothing wrong with it... Not that im 'into' stuffed animals or anything, actually i was more curious about why others seem to be crazy about them and came across plushophelia!

Funny thing last night.... i was actually laying there thinking about this for a while. Then i remembered wayyyy back in the day i had a stuffed dog (i think it was called 'super pooch' or something), it had a cape and a 'hole' in its back where you could stuff the cape if you didnt want it out. I got to thinking about how that hole could have had so many other uses for other people... :D

To me, having sex with or having a sexual attraction to a plushie is as bad as beastiality.

hey, whoa - that's a rough comparison. that's on par with people comparing ABDL to pedophilia.

plushophilia has nothing to do with bestiality. if anything, it's related to fur fetishes as they originated in the 1940s-50s. ya know, fur coats & the like?

hey, whoa - that's a rough comparison. that's on par with people comparing ABDL to pedophilia.

plushophilia has nothing to do with bestiality. if anything, it's related to fur fetishes as they originated in the 1940s-50s. ya know, fur coats & the like?

I didn't say it was bestiality...I said to me, as in, in MY opinion, it's as bad as bestiality...Because, to me, plushies are more than just fabric stuffed with fluff...They have souls and hearts and personalities...And I believe (this is in MY opinion, again) that having sex with a plushie harms an innocent (the plushie!), unlike ABDL that doesn't harm anyone and is of mutual consent. That is why I think plushophilia is as bad as bestiality - plushies shouldn't be exposed to sex in my opinion, much like chronological children...I view plushies as innocent and sweet, and unable to give real consent to sexual acts.

Call me crazy or weird or whatever, but that's my views - I believe in protecting plushies just like I believe in protecting children and animals.

~ moogle

i respect your opinion, i was just sayin' that the comparison is a little tough to swallow.

many people think that abdl is "as bad as" pedophilia, too.

even if you personify your plushies (believing that they "have souls and hearts and personalities", as many plushophiles do), at the end of the day they are OBJECTS. do you ask a dildo or a vibrator for consent? there is no living thing involved, therefore consent is not even an issue.

i understand that you see your plushies as "innocents," but much like many abdls struggle to accept their fetish & themselves because of being compared to obviously harmful acts with living beings who are unable to consent, so do many plushophiles who legitimately love their plushies (which again, are OBJECTS) struggle to accept their fetish.

as people involved in fetish communities that are nonharmful, we should stand up for & support plushophiles in much the same way that many of them would support those of us involved in the ABDL lifestyle. by saying that plushophilia is "as bad as" bestiality, you do the same thing as the folks who say that ABDL is "as bad as" pedophilia. what right have any of us to judge other (nonharmful) fetishists?

i'm not saying you should go hump your plushies now & be happy about it... all i'm saying is that we need to be careful how and about whom we make comparisons, especially when we know all too well what it is like to be on the negative end of that stick.

Maybe it's wrong of me, cause I do know how being judged hurts. But to me, plushies are not objects. Most people would disagree, but to me, they aren't. So I don't see plushophilia as a "non-harmful" fetish. Maybe it's stupid of me to think that, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm even crazy, but those are my views. I would gladly hear a plushophile out, to hear what they had to say, but from what I know about plushophilia as of right now, I don't agree with it.

~ moogle

Looking on the plushaphile website, most adore their plushies. Sexual interaction is few and far between, but sexual fantasy is held within the mind. If moogle does not mind, I would state that in some ways, she, and others on this site are plushaphiles - in the fact that they give their plushies personalities and talk to and care for their plushies.

Side question - why does sex/intercourse have to be part of fetishism. For most here, and for most that are interested in different fetishisms, sexual intercourse is only fantasy rather than actuality. We here, as AB/DLs think that sex and babys is molestation. Why then, do some associate sex with another fetish?

I, like most here, adore my plushies (we call them cuddly toys) and each has their own personality and behaviour. I will fight to protect them, and not violate them with even the thought of sex. To me, they are innocent and cute and cuddly - and it is the same cute and cuddly image I think of me being as a baby when I regress, and of any other child. Therefore, sex does not come into the scenario.

Meh. There's a difference between loving plushies like they're children (non sexual, devoted, protecting them, like a parent loves their child), and having sex or sexual thoughts about them. If loving my plushies and caring for them like they're children makes me a plushophile, okay...But what I'm saying is, I think that having sex or sexual thoughts about plushies isn't right, just like having sex or sexual thoughts about children or animals isn't right, and that was my point all along. I don't see having sex with or sexual thoughts about plushies as unharmful. Just my opinion in any case.

~ moogle

the thing is... plushophiles do love their plushies, but not like children.

there are a small minority of them who are also into things like urophilia or rape fantasy or heavy bdsm, or whatever... & yeah, that ends up being quite a few of the people who post pictures or videos or websites online about their plushophilia. but that's really a tiny percentage of plushophiles.

babykeiff is right about how most plushophiles view their plushies; for many plushophiles, it's a romantic kind of love, & sexual interaction never happens.

i do find your judgements hurtful, however. while it is by no means my primary fetish, plushophilia has played a large part in the development of my sexuality.

when i was a young child, i was raped repeatedly. after the abuse, my plushies were the only things i had to go back to that made me feel safe, protected, & loved. as i got older, that continued to remain the case. so when i first started to have sex, the only way i could enjoy it without feeling threatened/unsafe was if i could hold one of my plushies, or have one nearby, while it was happening. i have since learned that i don't need a plushie to feel safe (mostly because of my current partner), but as you can see, there was nothing harmful to any plushies in this scenario. i love my plushies, not as children, but equals - partners that protect me & make me feel safe, loved, protected.

plushophilia is just as diverse & complicated as infantilism. yeah, there are people who do things to their plushies that i would consider "rape," but there are just as many of us for whom plushophilia is innocent, an act of love.

Having plushies around as protectors, and equals, is understandable - even for me, my plushies are my protectors - and I protect and love them in return. I have no qualms about that, or anything non-sexual with plushies - aka, as long as you're not screwing, or thinking about screwing your plushies, then I have no issue. I guess I was stroking with too broad of a brush, and for that I apologize. My main point, from the tiny window I had been seeing through earlier, is that I think having sex with plushies is not right, and assumed wrongly that all plushophiles have sex with their plushies, which I'm sorry for.

I have no issue with any plushophile that doesn't have sex - as in actual intercourse - with their plushies - so therefore, I have no issue with you momma.bear and I apologize for offending you. I suppose after looking up "plushophile" and seeing these definitions:

The term plushophilia is a neologism consisting of plushie and -philia, and refers to any person who has an attraction towards stuffed animals. This attraction can be sexual - a paraphilia - or non-sexual, depending on the person and plushie involved

and

Plushophilia is the devoted appreciation of and love for stuffed animals or plushies and plush toys

that means I'm a plushophile too, just a strictly non-sexual one. I still don't understand actual sex with plushies, though. Maybe I'm not meant to understand it.

Thanks for posting back and forth with me about this, momma.bear! I'm glad to of learned something new...

~ moogle

Apparently there's a "Plush Code" too:

http://www.velocity.net/~galen/plushcod.html

My code (if I did it right) in pieces:

P[giraffe,dog,ted,wol,bun] - My favorite plush species are giraffes, dogs, teddies, wolves, and bunnies

/F>wol - I have never worn a fursuit but I'd like to try a wolf fursuit one day

B++ - I always sleep with a plushie

BB- - I dislike Beanie Babies

C++ - I cuddle my plushies multiple times a day

E++ - I feel true love for my plushies

FF+ - I love anthropomorphic animals

I+ - I treat my plushies like individual personages with feelings

!M - I don't make or modify plushies

!MM - I have no desire to own a Mattel Meeko

N+ - I own dozens of plushies (but this number will change because as time goes on I will have more, undoubtedly)

O++ - I take a plushie with me almost everywhere I go

!Sp-- - My relationship with plushies is and always will be non-romantic and non-sexual, and the idea of having sex with plushies offends me

!Sf - I have no erotic interest in fursuits at all

Tdikm+rsux - I like/am drawn to plushies that are: dressed (have clothes), infantilized (dressed like babies...I'd like to get footed sleepers for my plushies especially), cuddled/well loved, really big, realistic, soft, unadorned (no clothes...I like to look at outfits for my plushies a lot), and/or damaged (so I can heal them/patch them up)

ta - I'm transgendered, and I'm chronologically in between the ages of 18 and 29.

My code altogether (as I said, if I did it right):

P[giraffe,dog,ted,wol,bun] /F>wol B++ BB- C++ E++ FF+ I+ !M !MM N+ O++ !Sp-- !Sf Tdikm+rsux ta

I might do other Codes too (the ABDL code, the Furry code) and put these in my signature...hmm...

~ moogle