LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Diaper

I have just started wearing frequently, in the past few weeks, I have been wearing assurance, as I have very limited choices where I live, but what I really miss is the feel of the cool plastic against my skin. Does anyone know where I can find this in an adult diaper, or if I might be able to squeeze into a baby diaper? My waist size is 43", btw. Please help.

Bambino, AB Universe and many other brands of adult diapers are still made with a classic poly-plastic outer layer. Some use a two-part tape system to allow limited re-positioning. Others, such as Secure and Bambino, use a landing zone in front so sticky tapes can be repositioned.

I wear Attends Youth Briefs, which design goes way back. These are only sold in bulk cases of 96 from a few on-line vendors. Those are poly-plastic with one-time-only sticky tapes. I am told the on-line version of Attends Briefs still use poly-plastic.

Poly-plastic has advantages to professional care givers when the incontinent person is confined to bed. Once you have learned to change those disposables it is faster and easier than using cloth-like with Velcro tabs. Also, the poly-plastic slides on bedding without cling. It is the cling to sheets and blankets that pull gaps with cloth-like disposables. Those gaps leak.

Chances are good there will always be poly-plastic adult diapers being made for the hospital, nursing home and institutional markets.

^ Agree with Angela Bauer - Bambino has that type of plastic plus the added features of it make it an amazing diaper. A lot of non-ABDL diapers (meaning most all of them) are transferring to cloth which is kind of sad.

• 2 weeks later...

I will also reccomend Bambino. They may seem pricey... but they are top-notch in comfort and capacity... worth every penny.

Does anyone recognize this diaper, and/or know where I could get some?

post-1331-1246923734_thumb.jpg

post-1331-1246923734_thumb.jpg

Does anyone recognize this diaper, and/or know where I could get some?

Too hard to tell from that view, other than to say it is obviously doubled or tripled, or stuffed to the max. Go for the Bambino's and one of their boosters. ;)

Guest YkDave

x2 on that

doesnt look like any fancy diaper, just a cheapo thats stuffed to the max

Keep in mind that pretty much ALL of the diapers you see in photoshoots are at least doubled or stuffed at minimum. It is a case of what you see, is not what you get...

• 2 weeks later...

ok, sorry to keep beating a dead horse here, but the only store I really have access to is Walmart. Does anyone know what kind of brands they carry, that fit my criteria?

Your Walmart should have Depend Fitted Maximum Protection, which is a true tape-on diaper with a soft plastic cover. Enjoy!

any other suggestions?

You could check your local grocery store. They will proably have Depends, but nowadays its getting harder and harder to find them. You might get lucky and have a grocery store that carries Western Family Briefs. I havent seen any for a while, but they were plastic backed the last time I bought some. If Walmart is all you have, Depends are abut your only option for plastic backed diapers.

any other suggestions?

Dude, Walmart is only going to stock ONE diaper that fits your requirements, and I just told you what it was. Others here have suggested some better products, but they're generally only available by mail order. You didn't say in your first post that you weren't able or willing to buy online.

One last alternative is to order Molicares from walmart.com and have them sent to your local store. I believe you can do that, but haven't tried it myself.

Good luck. Sorry there aren't more options for you.

Your signature says you're in North Central Texas... so if you're in the DFW area or can drive there, get a phone book and start calling the local medical supply stores and ask what diapers they stock. I'd be shocked if you can't find at least Attends, if not something better.

But if Wal-Mart is your only option, then Depend and Assurance are your only options. Depend are plastic backed, Assurance are cloth.