LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Last Straw

Thanks again for the comments. Like I said, it's a work in progress, of sorts, but I have a general idea mapped out for many more chapters. Yes, InDpnds, you will be seeing more of Cathy, that was planned from the start. I won't spoil it, though. Once I've got each new segment worked out in my head I'll put fingers to keyboard and get it done. I just want to take enough time to go over it and make the present fit with the past and not write myself into a corner! :)

I agree that writing yourself into a corner is the kiss of death for a story! From what I've seen of The Last Straw so far, that isn't going to happen. Your story is being designed in such a way that each chapter ends with an element of suspense. But I imagine you can think of all sorts of neat little twists and turns. And Dolly's comment about getting a publisher is on target. You probably have a knack for writing things other than for DD, to appeal to a much wider audience. But for now, just keep up the good work here!

I whole heartedly agree to the suspenseful ending of each chapter. Keeps one on the toes and thoughts in their heads. Hopefully you enjoy writing the chapters as much as we have with reading them. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Hi, DLDAD. I just discovered your stories here recently and have really enjoyed them. I haven't ever cared for the diaper-related stories I've seen on this site and others, but yours are the exception. They're well-written, interesting and, most importantly, mature.

I write quite a bit both professionally and personally, and I can tell you that you are very talented. Use that talent, use writing to express yourself here or anywhere you can. I think you'll always have an audience hanging on your every word.

-RMS

Hi, DLDAD. I just discovered your stories here recently and have really enjoyed them. I haven't ever cared for the diaper-related stories I've seen on this site and others, but yours are the exception. They're well-written, interesting and, most importantly, mature.

I write quite a bit both professionally and personally, and I can tell you that you are very talented. Use that talent, use writing to express yourself here or anywhere you can. I think you'll always have an audience hanging on your every word.

-RMS

I can't help thinking this is a tad rude to write on somebody else's (JBonn's) story thread. Especially "DLDAD.....I haven't ever cared for the diaper-related stories I've seen on this site and others, but yours are an exeption...."

Dolly

Thank you for pointing out my error, Dolly.

My sincerest apologies to DLDAD and to the intended recipient, JBONN. No slight was intended to DLDAD, as I have not read his posts. This was my first time reading any of the stories in this thread, and I'm confident his stories are wonderful as well.

All I wanted to say was that I really enjoyed the stories written by JBONN. Looks like some of that message was lost somewhere along the way. :blush:

-RMS

Chapter 12 – Cathy Can Help

The next morning Jason woke up feeling a bit worse for the wear. His mouth still tasted like cotton, despite the water he’d drunk in the middle of the night. He generally had a low-grade hangover, so he wasn’t in the mood to discover what he did. That was that he’d flooded hid diaper again and it had leaked a little bit. On the other hand, the combination of his MacGyvered plastic pants and the garbage bag he’d laid flat had saved his mattress any more stains. Peeling off the sopping diaper made him feel more ashamed and even a bit angry. Some of his arguments for a better diaper came back to him from the night before and wondered why “they” couldn’t make one. He also wondered how well those plastic pants things that Cathy had at the store worked. Jason threw the used diaper in with the others and realized as he caught a whiff that he better throw that whole bag out in the dumpster, and soon.

After his laundry was started and the trash was taken out, Jason got back into his regular Sunday routine. Having slept well past noon, and taken the last hour to Depends have been all over the map. They used to be OK, but lately they are just terrireally finish waking up and doing all the little routine “morning things” he now found himself with a raging hunger. Still being somewhat hungover, despite having drunk more water, he decided anything greasy was out of the question. Whipping himself up a decent sized sandwich and even finding two old Claussen dill pickles hanging out in the back of the fridge he settled down to do some homework.

Six hours later he was finished with his Classical Civilization homework as well as his German homework. Now his stomach was rumbling again, as if to say “Achtung! Bitte, baby, how ‘bout some schnitzengruben?” Wandering back into the kitchen he ran into Tim, who was just coming in from outside.

“Geez, Jase, you look like crap! Just how long were you the Asshole in that game last night?” he laughed. Blowing past his own rhetorical question, Tim continued, “I didn’t have nearly as much as you, and let me tell you, buddy, it paid off! Nudge nudge, wink wink! You remember that girl Laura, the kinky one?” Jason nodded his head slowly as he began to mentally kick himself. “Yeah, well, old Timmy hooked up with that little hellion last night. Oh, she played hard to get for a while and I had to peel her away from that buffoon, George, but sure enough, it paid off. She invited me back to her place,” he said with another shit-eating grin and a wink. “Man, can that chick use her mouth like no other – I mean she is one of the most vigorous kissers, I’ve met, Jase! Take a look at this, though,” he said as he pulled his shirt up from the right side of his back. Jason didn’t have to look closely to see the fresh scratch marks on his back, and frankly if that’s what hooking up with kinky Laura got you, then maybe he made the right decision after all. Getting rough and getting gouged wasn’t something that floated Jason’s boat. “Yep, ole Timmy made it around a couple of the bases alright,” Tim said, puffed up and full of self-satisfaction.

Jason’s brain finally caught up with what he was hearing, “Wait a minute, you made it around some bases? No home-run for Timbo?”

Tim had the good sense to appear a big chagrined, “Well, no, that’s the weird part, my man. After she took care of me she didn’t want to actually do the deed, you know? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like a good hummer as much as the next guy, but I was kind of expecting to “seal the deal”…. Nope, no sir. She said she wouldn’t do that with a guy who she wasn’t married to! Can you believe that?!? She wanted to do a few other things, but man, that chick is 5 brands of weird, if you know what I mean?” Tim shuddered for a moment, before continuing, “Well, I still chalk that up as a success, you know what I mean?”

“Oh yeah, Tim,” he replied, knowingly. “Sounds like you had a better night than I did. I just came home and pretty much passed out. I think I tried to call Jen last night from what I saw on the call list on my phone, but it doesn’t look like I got ahold of her. Then I slept like shit all night, and kept dreaming about other guys going out with her. One of the worst nights I’ve had, man.”

“Jase, that blows, really, dude. But you know, it’s been a couple of weeks and she hasn’t called you back, right?”

Jason nodded his head glumly, “Right, I know. Let it go.”

“So…I think you just gotta forget about her and move on, man. There’s more to life than getting hung up on one girl. There’s something new and different happening every day and sitting around moping about what happened yesterday isn’t going to help things get better, is it?”

Jason thought for a minute before replying. “No, you’re right, Tim. In so many ways…It’s just that she seemed like she could have been the one, you know? I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. I guess that girl who can completely understand me is still out there somewhere.”

“That’s right, Jason, you gotta seize the day, my friend – Carpe Diem! I did, and look at the dividends it paid out!” Tim said as he looked like the cat that ate the canary.

Shaking his head like a parent disciplining a child, “Tim, I’m not sure a “beejer” is exactly the kind of dividends I had in mind, but I understand the point. In fact, I think I’ll try to adopt that attitude and fix a few other things in my life. Thanks, man!”

With that, Tim went off to his room and Jason grabbed himself a package of mac & cheese. While he stood stirring the “powdered cheese product” into the boiled pasta (what the heck IS powdered cheese product anyway? I mean, is it cheese, or is it something else entirely? Did it come from a cheese? Did it come from a cow? Did it come from some mad scientist’s laboratory who secretly works for the FDA locked inside some bombproof mountain somewhere?), he decided he’d go back and see Cathy on Monday and see about getting some of those plastic pants she talked about. That should take care of his leakage problem.

Jason looked down and realized the entire pot of mac & cheese had disappeared. Had he really eaten all that? Wow, he must have been pretty hungry. Oh well. Going back to his room, he curled up with the autobiography of Ben Franklin (You know that guy did all sorts of stuff – he was a statesman, and inventor, a legislator, a conspirator, a small businessman – all sorts of stuff. Jason had to wonder if he could have invented a better diaper. Pointless wondering about something like that – they probably didn’t even have diapers way back then. After about an hour and a half of reading Jason began to slowly drift off to sleep in his favorite reading chair. He caught himself just as his eyelids began to droop shut and shook himself awake. For a moment he was terrified. What if he’d fallen asleep and wet himself, right here in this chair? That would have been a horrible, mess. He couldn’t help but feel he was being held hostage by his body’s inability to work properly. His “defect” was still screwing up his life, or at least the way he lived it.

Jason popped up out of the chair and went to go pull out a new diaper from his stash in his nightstand. Opening the cabinet door, he found an empty package staring back at him. EMPTY! What would he do without a diaper!?! He couldn’t go to sleep. He couldn’t…this couldn’t be that life shattering. Then again, he couldn’t wait until his planned trip back to see Cathy tomorrow to get more diapers. He needed them NOW. For a moment he pondered the thought that if he had been able to correctly tape up the first few diapers he’d used and if he’d not put a diaper or two on just to see how they felt, only to rip them off in disgust after he’d finished “playing” in them, he’d still have a few diapers left. Well, no crying over spilled milk, as they said. Or perhaps a quote from Franklin would be better given Jason’s new outlook: “Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today”. With that thought, Jason decided he’d solve his own problem and not wait for Cathy to solve it for him – at least in the near term.

Jason put on his shoes, grabbed his coat and made a trot for the door. There have got to be diapers available at the local Walgreens, he thought. So, off he went, trudging across campus to the only Walgreens he knew about, and coincidentally the only one within walking distance. Once he’d made it there he stopped in front of the automatic doors – wondering if he could actually go through with it. Back at his place he’d been so confident, so sure that this wouldn’t be a big deal. Now here he was at the drugstore about to go looking for adult sized diapers! C’mon, argued to his inner-doubt, it’s 10:45 on a Sunday night (wait a minute, he looked at the sign – whew, this store was open 24 hours a day) who’s going to be around to see me buying diapers? With that rationale, he plunged forward into the store. First he looked around to see if there were any other hardy souls out in the bad weather late on a Sunday night. He saw a couple guys walking up to the counter with some beer. No time like the present to go get himself lost in the back of the store. He meandered back until he saw and aisle that listed the contents of “Incontinence, Feminine Hygiene, Laxatives”. Geez, what a lovely combination – if anyone sees me in this aisle, I’m SO nailed.

Looking both ways, he darted into the aisle and began looking for the packages of Attends…..no Attends. They had something called a Poise panty – that just sounded a little bit gay – something called the Assurance brief, which upon closer inspection appeared to be the house brand diaper, and finally the Depends brief. While Jason didn’t have a photographic memory, he did have the distinct memory of Cathy describing Depends in poor light, “Depends have been all over the map. They used to be OK, but lately they are just terrible.” So, that ruled out the Depends – which was just as well in Jason’s mind since they were $15 and he only had $12 on him. The Poise panty appeared to be geared towards the ladies, especially by the diagram on the back of the package. He originally hadn’t see the Poise guards for men, but once he got a look at them he couldn’t imagine that little slip of padding that kind of resembled a maxi-pad doing anything but getting in the way. That left him with the Assurance briefs. These were marked at $10.99 on the package but the sign under the shelf proudly displayed that they were on sale for only $9.99 today. Jason quickly determined that he’d take a size Medium if the directions on the package were to be trusted. He picked up the bag of diapers and made for the front of the store. Now, all this decision making had felt like an eternity to Jason, although probably not much more than 5 minutes had gone by. Luckily, no one else had come down this aisle, and in fact, no one else had passed by the aisle as far as Jason had noticed. Of course he was kind of zoned out into his own little world as he looked at the diagrams on the packages of the clean, white diapers. Now, with the package held in his midsection and his arms draped across as much of the surface as he could, he closed in on the checkout area. As the register came into view he saw a couple checking out. He hung back and pretended to look at the Whitman’s chocolates display while they finished up paying the girl at the register. Finally, as they walked out the door, he turned and swiftly closed the distance to the counter. The girl behind the counter looked to be the same age as he was and also looked to be pretty thoroughly bored. In fact, there was a copy of “The Gulag Archipeligo” face down on the counter to the side – probably what she had been doing before the last customers came to the counter and doubtless what she’d be doing after he left with his own purchase.

When he placed the package on the counter and withdrew his arms the clerk looked down at the diapers, up and him and back down at the diapers. He felt himself blush as she obviously knew what they were (like she could really miss that) and she was probably putting two and two together to come to the conclusion that he was some kind of freak. Almost as if reading his mind, the girl spoke up, “Look, guy, I don’t really care what you buy. Take them back to your frat house and tell the brothers you did your mission, take them back to your little old grandmother in the nursing home, whatever. I’ve seen just about everything working here for the last 3 months. Like that last couple that just left? They had a 24 pack of Trojans, a gi-huge-ic bottle of lube, a can of whipped cream, strawberry ice cream and a Little Mermaid coloring book.” It was Jason’s jaw that dropped on hearing that litany read off. “Yeah, like I said, big diapers don’t phase me, so it shouldn’t phase you.” With that, she scanned the diapers and asked him if he had a Walgreens club card. “With the card the diapers are 10 bucks, without they are 11. So, what’ll it be?” Jason nodded side to side, still unable to actually speak. “Suit yourself, buddy,” she said as she took his $12 and gave him a little change back. Thankfully she produced a large bag from under the counter and slid it over the package before handing it back to him. “Have a good night!” she said with what seemed to be a genuine smile.

Jason walked out as fast as he could. Thinking on the situation, he determined that it could have been much worse than it had been. After all:

- He didn’t see anyone he recognized

- No one actually saw him looking at or buying the diapers minus the clerk

- While the clerk did actually talk to him about the diapers, she did not make fun of him for it, and really could care less – like she said.

No, it definitely could have been worse, he thought to himself. His mood started to brighten when he looked up from his reverie and saw none other than Jen. She was walking down the sidewalk on the other side of the street and she was hand in hand with some other guy. For a few moments mixed emotions raced through Jason. Immediately he was jealous, then angry. Then he realized he was walking down the street with a bag of diapers in his right hand. What was he going to do, assault the guy with adult diapers? He started to feeling maniacal giggling rising to the surface from within himself, but quickly his “flight” portion of the fight or flight reflex kicked in. He turned 90 degrees and began walking away from the street out towards the modern languages building. Just another student out doing god knows what, he willed them to think. After a couple blocks he looked around and Jen and her new suitor were nowhere to be found. Jason resumed his walk back towards home. Back on more of an even keel, he thought about what had just happened. It was completely ridiculous. Jen had made her feelings clear, and it was obvious that she had moved on with her life. It was high time that Jason did the same.

Back at home, Jason peeled off his heavy coat and shoes and got ready for bed. He tore open the package of “Assurance briefs” and pulled one out. A bit thinner than the Attends diapers had been, but still, they looked essentially the same to him. He laid one down on the bed and positioned himself over it. As he settled down onto the diaper he was struck by just how cold the diaper still was from its trip outside through the cold. Any thoughts he’d entertained on previous diapering occasions of arousal were certainly not present right now. He found that a bit of shrinkage was setting in and the boys were headed north. Note to self, he thought, as he waited for his body heat to bring the temperature of the diaper up to that of the room – never put a diaper on that is this cold – it has bad effects on the male physiology. This diaper definitely felt different than the Attends he’d started to get used to. It seemed like the diaper was a bit smaller, than the Attends and that there wasn’t quite as much coverage “up front” than he was used to. He mentally and physically shrugged his shoulders. A diaper is a diaper, he thought. With that, he pulled his pajamas up, and his newly laundered comforter as well. He drifted off to sleep, secure in his knowledge that he his supply of diapers was uninterrupted……

….and woke up again out of a dream where he was stepping up to a urinal and letting go of his bladder. He realized exactly what was happening as he came fully awake. There was a slight warm trickle down his leg. Dammit, he thought, I’ve gone and done it again. These f-ing diapers aren’t worth shit. Jason looked at the clock – 4am. He only had 3 more hours until he had to get up. He took off the saturated diaper, noticing that the padding in the diaper had all shifted to one side, and threw it into his garbage bag. After cleaning himself off quickly with a warm washcloth he resigned himself to the fact that these were the only diapers he had. So, he put a new one on, got back into bed and fell back asleep. He had fitful dreams the rest of that night. Most of the themes revolved around him getting wet, or on a sinking boat, or anything water related.

When Jason’s alarm finally went off he, thankfully, discovered he had not wet any more in the new diaper. He wasn’t sure it would take even a light wetting and hold up. That did it, he was going back to see Cathy and see what she could do for him. After all, she said she had other brands of diapers that were supposed to be “oh so high and mighty”. Maybe she wasn’t just one of those doctors who was full of themselves. (ok, so maybe she was a nurse, but same difference, right?)

Jason went off to class that day determined to end the day with a return visit to Cathy and Glenndale Healthcare. He’d come up with a solution to his problem – or at least maybe Cathy would. She seemed to know an awful lot about the subject of adult bedwetters, diapers, and all.

Wow! It gets better and better all the time. This chapter especially has a way of making the reader feel like he's actually walking in the incontinence aisle at Walgreen's and explores the feelings and thoughts going through his head. The way it's written is how it really is. He was taking a huge chance going to the store nearest the campus. I don't think I've ever had the Walgreen brand, but I will certainly take your word for it! Cheaper is not always better. And you seem to have the knack for writing dialogue, which is something that takes a lot of skill. Now I'm going to sit through the weekend waiting to read about his next encounter with Cathy at the store! Can't wait!! :P

This ought to tide you all over for a while - consider it a double chapter.

Chapter 13 – The Solution

Jason made it through the end his class schedule without any incident to speak of. Well, to be truthful, there was one incident in his American history course. They were discussing Benjamin Franklin and some of his more obscure quotations and the quote of “Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today” came up. Jason blurted out “hell yeah!”, which earned him a mild rebuke from the TA in his discussion section.

Jason found himself starting to get a little nervous during his last class as the time approached when he’d finally be going back to Glenndale to see Cathy. Finally he was walking back into the healthcare store, being welcomed by back by Mrs. Swanson. She even remembered his name, which struck Jason as odd. Though he supposed it was just good customer service, it was something he was not used to. He was more used to being one face in many, just another wallet to be emptied. Mrs. Swanson automatically knew he’d want to talk with Cathy again but told him that she was busy at the moment – ironing out some supply issue in their back office. Mrs. Swanson let him know that he was free to look around, and that they’d gotten some new items in stock that “you might be interested in, dear.” As Jason was nodding his head politely, the phone rang and she had to take the call. Making a brushing motion with her hand and smiling nicely, she shooed Jason away as she settled into her business as usual. “Oh, hello Mrs. Fleury,” he heard her say as he started to walk away. “You did what?!? Mrs. Fleury, giving Fluffy hits off your oxygen tank when ‘he’s feeling down’ is not going to help him ‘be more playful’. In the first place you’re going through more oxygen than you should and even though Medicare pays for it, that’s just being wasteful. Frankly I’m not sure you should be doing that at all – it could hurt the cat…”

Jason walked back to the aisle he’d been in before with all the myriad of strange items, apparently all designed to help manage incontinence problems. There was the familiar blue and white bag of Attends, the still foreign Molicare and Abena, and the First Quality, which Cathy had said was no good, even though they seemed to stock more of that than anything else. There were also several packages of those plastic pants that she’d pointed out to him on his first visit. Somehow now they looked a bit less intimidating. However, at the end of the aisle he did notice a few items that he hadn’t seen before. There were some big, white, fluffy t-shirts stacked up….no, those weren’t t-shirts. He reached out and picked one of them up – they were diapers! Old-fashioned cloth diapers! It was like stepping back in time to the 1960s or something. So this is what my parents wore when they were kids, he thought. Well, of course their diapers weren’t this big, he thought with a laugh. He held the diaper up and truly couldn’t believe that there were really diapers this big in the world! Seriously – this thing had to be wider than he was. Now that he thought about it, it would have to be at least as wide as he was if it was going to fit around the waist of someone as big as he was. Duh! While holding the diaper up in front of himself, Jason couldn’t help but lean in a bit and sniff at it. Surprisingly, it didn’t smell of anything. Or rather, it smelled just like a new t-shirt did. Crinkling his face up in perplexion he had expected it to smell like something. OK, maybe not baby powder, but at least have some sort of hospital-like antiseptic smell to it. Nothing. Just plain, unwashed and unscented cotton flannel.

After determining that this giant cloth diaper really didn’t have any kind of smell, he leaned in just an inch more and rubbed his cheek with the cloth. It was definitely soft. Not as soft as he’d really expected, though. His mind kept coming back to the phrase “smooth as a baby’s butt” and he just couldn’t imagine a diaper that wasn’t every bit as smooth and soft being next to a baby’s skin. This was one mystery he wasn’t going to be able to solve, he figured.

His next mental challenge was to wonder just how you would keep a big, cloth diaper like this on an adult. He knew, intellectually, that cloth diapers were held together with diaper pins. Even though he’d never actually seen a cloth diaper or a diaper pin in person, he’d seen them often enough in old cartoons or via other media outlets. Could one little pin really hold up a diaper like this? Then he also thought about the ill-fit that would probably result from pinning a big piece of cloth like this around your body. If these plastic and elastic shaped Attends diapers could leak then he could only imagine the gaping holes that a pinned-on diaper could provide.

While he was mulling over this point he heard a soft, feminine clearing of a throat behind him. Turning beet red immediately he tried to desperately shove the diaper back onto the narrow shelf where he’d found it. In doing so, he ended up dropping the diaper on the floor. At this point he looked up behind him and saw Cathy standing there with that insufferable smile on her face. “Hey there, Jason. Looks like you found some of our new product.” She stepped forward as she spoke and Jason found himself backing away, as if trying to distance himself from his bungling. Cathy continued, “You don’t need to be afraid of them, though, Jason. They don’t bite!” she said as her smile grew. She reached down and daintily picked up the diaper to begin folding it. In what seemed like no time flat she had it folded back up properly and back on the shelf with its brothers. Lined up, layer upon layer of white fluff.

“Uh, yeah. Hi Cathy. Hard to believe there are actually diapers that big, you know?” he tried to laugh a bit at his own words.

“Silly boy,” Cathy said, with a bit of a lecturing tone, “big boys need big diapers, you should know that, if anyone should.” Seeing the hurt on Jason’s face she softened her stance, “I’m sorry, Jason, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. I didn’t mean to demean you, but you do have to realize that there is a whole segment of the population that wears big diapers, and that you are part of that population. It’s not something to be ashamed of, by any means. It’s just another aspect that makes you, you. I’ve certainly met more than my fair share of incontinent people and let me tell you – they come in all shapes and sizes, from all walks of life. The sooner you accept this as just another variety of “normal” the sooner you’ll be able to accept the way you are and these new things that can help you cope with your situation.”

“I think maybe we got off on the wrong foot the other day. I’d like to apologize if I made you uncomfortable in any way. I really just want to help you as best I can, and I guess I’m more used to dealing with the older clients than someone closer to my own age.” Her smile returned and she winked at him, “maybe we ought to grab a beer together sometime and get to know each other.

Jason couldn’t believe his ears. This hot nurse, who first made him feel about one inch tall was now talking about going to the bar with him! Score! “Uh, yeah, sure, that’d be cool. Just let me know when you want to do it and we can meet up somewhere. I’m, uh, not exactly 21 yet, though, so we’d better go somewhere that I can get in. You know how it is – the campus booze Nazis are pretty strict about that.

Just then something seemed to click in Cathy’s head. She was looking up and to the right, as if remembering something. “From what I saw last weekend I wouldn’t have guessed you were under 21, young man,” she said with a playful laugh. Jason started to protest but she cut him off, “Don’t worry. I could care less about what you do on your own time, Jason. You’re in college and you do what college students do. I’d be a hypocrite if I said otherwise. I had my fair share of parties that I can’t quite remember. Heck, you looked a lot more in charge of your faculties than I was a few times!” She laughed as she reached out and laid a hand on his shoulder. Wow, Jason thought. She isn’t so bad after all. She can’t be that much older than me, either. Maybe 24 or 25? Those old nurse fantasies started to return to his mind that he’d first entertained when he’d seen her. Smothering those thoughts he listened to what Cathy was saying, “…hope you took my advice and made sure to get yourself into a diaper when you got home from that, Jason. I know all too well what can happen if you drink a lot and aren’t prepared for it.

“Funny you should mention that, Cathy. That was, indirectly, the reason I came back to see you.”

Cathy’s eyebrows arched questioningly. “You did take my advice and make sure you were protected that night, didn’t you, Jason? Because not wearing a diaper while you’re drinking heavily can have some serious consequences.”

“Yes, I actually remembered to put my diaper on that night, Cathy. But, you know what? It didn’t do a damn bit of good. I woke up in the middle of the night and my bed was still wet.”

“Was the diaper saturated? You have to realized that any diaper can only hold a finite amount of liquid, and Attends are towards the lower end of the spectrum, Jason.”

“Yeah, apparently so!” Jason exclaimed in disgust. “I cleaned up, put a new diaper on and it just about happened all over again before I got up in the morning. I’ve never had a problem like that!”

“Well, now you’ve learned two lessons the hard way in one night. First is that when you drink a lot – not necessarily alcohol, any liquid will do – you have to be very, very careful with your condition. Alcohol will only make matters worse, however. The alcohol works much the same way caffeine does, increasing your urge to pee, and yet the natural depressant makes your body want to sleep. The combination can be especially dangerous for natural bedwetters. You will find that even those people who do not normally wet the bed will occasionally do so after they’ve been drinking heavily. The body just doesn’t want to wake up to go to the bathroom. The second lesson you learned is that you get what you pay for in terms of nighttime diapers. Attends may work for light wetting and usually is decent for a daytime diaper, but if you’re a heavy wetter or need to have more than say 6 hours of uninterrupted time without a diaper change you’re going to need a better product.”

Jason surprised her by nodding his head like she was preaching to the choir. “Tell me about it! I ran out of diapers on Sunday night and had to go out and find some at Walgreens.”

“Oh no, you didn’t,” Cathy began. “You didn’t actually get those awful Assurance diapers, did you? Jason shook his head yes, and Cathy actually looked completely sympathetic. “I’m very sorry, Jason. I can imagine what happened. I should have warned you specifically about those things, or any ‘store brand’ diaper for that matter. They are all pretty terrible, although not made with a cookie cutter. While the Assurance brand may look a fair amount like your Attends or even remind you pleasantly of the Pampers you wore as a child, let me assure you, they are not the same. Pretty much all ‘store brand’ diapers are made the same way. They are made with almost all wood pulp – or fluff, if you will. There’s very little in the way of liquid absorbing gel inside the diaper. That way, while they can wick liquid away, they have no place to store it. Another side effect is that all that pulp, or fluff, tends to ‘float around’ in between the plastic backing and the top layer. The result is that you get padding shifting around on you, especially for you guys.” Cathy could tell Jason wasn’t tracking on her entire explanation so she motioned him to follow her as she turned and walked back to her office.

On the way back they passed Mrs. Swanson who spoke up. “Cathy, I’m going to lock up for the night and get home to make Chuck dinner. You know how gnarly he gets if he doesn’t have a hot dinner on the table soon after he gets home. I swear, the man couldn’t find his way around a kitchen with a roadmap!” Jason could tell she was exaggerating for comedic effect but he still laughed a little to be polite. “You two have a pleasant evening. Jason, I’m sure Cathy can help you out with your problem, she’s a wealth of knowledge, and our very own special girl. You’re welcome to stop by anytime if you have any questions for either of us, hon.” With that, Mrs. Swanson was adjusting her coat and locking the front door.

“Bye Mrs. Swanson. Have a good night and keep that Chuck of yours in line!” Cathy turned the corner into her office and waved Jason into a seat next to her desk. He noticed the faint smell of a familiar perfume as he sat down next to her and leaned in to see what she was doing on the computer. She pulled up a webrowser and went to site for an online medical supply company based in California.

It was news to Jason that any medical supply stores had an online presence. He couldn’t exactly imagine people like little old Mrs. Fleury and her cats surfing the web for bottles of oxygen and walkers. Jason almost stifled his laugh before Cathy turned to him with an inquisitive stare. “Oh, I was just imagining one of your customers, Mrs. Fleury, surfing the web for her order – it just didn’t seem likely.”

Cathy burst out laughing. It was a pleasant tinkling. Almost like wind chimes on a nice summer’s evening. “No, I think you’re right. You wouldn’t find Mrs. Fleury doing anything but calling poor Mrs. Swanson and making her life hell. Sometimes I think that mean old woman was just put on this earth to make life difficult for others. That and to take in stray cats. I tell ya, Jason, she’s the epitome of the ‘crazy cat lady’ stereotype. You should hear some of the stories from our delivery drivers.” She rolled her eyes in mock exasperation. “But that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about. I’m on this other store’s website since we don’t have one yet. I’ve been pushing Mrs. Swanson to put one up but so far we haven’t gotten around to it. She doesn’t have the know-how and I just haven’t had time to muddle through something like Dreamweaver or Frontpage with my other project in the evenings. Anyway, here is what I wanted to show you. This is a diagram of the inside of a diaper. In a good diaper you are going to have an absorption layer, which would largely be made of wood pulp, then a barrier or transfer layer to keep the moisture under it and at the bottom you’ve got one or two or more layers of storage. That’s where the gel is and where the liquid is locked away. Think of the Assurance diapers as having that top layer with the wood pulp, maybe really thick, but with none of those other underlying layers. So, they’ve got no gel to lock liquid away and they usually don’t have that other layer to keep the moisture away from the skin. They’re good for wicking moisture away quickly but not for storing large amounts of it.”

“OK, I think I’m getting it,” Jason said. “So where does Attends fall in the scheme of things? I thought they were pretty good, or else you wouldn’t have let me walk out of here with them, right?”

“Well, right and wrong, Jason. If you recall, I wanted you to get a better brand of diaper, but you didn’t want to. I wouldn’t let you walk out with complete crap, so this was the best compromise I could come up with. Now, on your average night, I’m guessing that the Attends were working pretty well for you?”

“Yeah, I didn’t have any problem with them. I mean at first it was a little weird wearing them, but I got used to it after a while. I was paranoid that I was still going to have a wet bed, but after several nights I just forgot about it and was able to get the first great night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time. To tell you the truth, I’ve never slept better since I started wearing the diapers.” Jason was almost afraid to admit this, and it wasn’t until this very moment that he came to the realization, himself. However, once he said it, he was completely comfortable with doing so. He knew the diapers were the reason he was sleeping better. If that was weird, he was prepared to accept that. His peace of mind and refreshing sleep were too important to him not to.

“OK, so you understand that not all diapers are created equal, right?” Jason nodded yes and Cathy continued, “So what we have to do is get you into an upgraded or premium model and start doing things right. See, you’re moving on up in life!” she said with a twinkle in her eyes. Her enthusiasm was catchy and Jason found himself smiling at her pun. “I think you’ve got the idea but let me show you a little demonstration,” she said as she got up and opened a cabinet behind her desk. She pulled out what looked like four disposable diapers and put them down on the desk on top of two flat, rectangular, absorbent pads. Next she got up and went down the hall while telling Jason to wait there. She came back pretty quickly with four large plastic cups about the size of a Big Gulp filled with water. Jason did a double-take and realized that the cups were actually the large souvenir cups from the university football stadium. He saw the national championship years on the side and wondered if the coach stop his whining long enough to whip the team into championship material again. Just getting to the Rose Bowl didn’t cut it when you have the BCS to contend with.

JASON!” Cathy practically shouted. “Earth to Jason. Don’t go spacing out on me now, buddy. This is important stuff.” She picked up the first diaper and unfolded it. It was white and had crinkly elastic all along the edges but it was so thin that Jason could almost not believe it was real. “Here is a Depends diaper. Feel it,” she said as she handed it to Jason. “Can you feel the dense material in there?”

“Yeah, sure, but it’s so thin! I doubt this thing could hold that much liquid.”

“Looks can be deceiving, my friend,” Cathy replied. “Just because it is thin doesn’t mean it can’t absorb a lot. Having said that, however, you’re correct in the big scheme of things. Depends just don’t have the capacity to compete with the big boys. They also don’t do as good a job at wicking the initial urine away from the body as diapers with more wood pulp in them. What liquid they do absorb is locked away within that gel pretty securely though. Next we have the Attends diaper that you’re already familiar with. You’ll see that it is thicker than the Depends, but that is primarily due to the fluff, or pulp. So it can wick that moisture away, but since it doesn’t have the same amount of gel as the Depends, it can’t hold a great volume of urine. Next we’ve got Molicare,” she said as she held up a big purple thing. “To be specific, these are the Molicare Super Plus, diapers. They make a few other varieties but these are the best they have. As you can see they are even thicker than the Attends and they nearly dwarf the Depends. Go ahead and feel them, though.”

Jason reached out and gave the diaper a little squeeze. He could hardly make an impression in them, they were so dense. He lifted the folded diaper up and felt how heavy they were too.

“Molicare does a pretty good job of both wicking moisture away from the body and locking that urine away in compact gel. You can tell there’s a lot of gel in there by the density of the diaper. Molicares do have a few downsides, in my opinion, however. First, as I know you can plainly see by the wide-eyed look you gave when I picked this one up, these diapers are purple in color. They vary from dark to light purple depending on the size. One of their other styles is white and blue. Neither variety is particularly well camouflaged, so to speak, if you are trying to hide your diapers or pass them off as regular old underwear. And with the Molicare bulk you’re already at a disadvantage to concealing the fact that you’re wearing a diaper. Not that you should have to conceal for being ashamed of it, but, well…you understand. The second thing I don’t like about Moli’s is the lack of a waistband. If you’re wearing some plastic panties over this diaper it won’t make that much difference but the idea is for disposable diapers to be able to stand on their own, you know? Don’t get me wrong, these diapers still do their job and do it quite well.”

“Last, I’ve got an Abena. This is their X-plus model. Again, they have other, inferior varieties but if you’re going with Abena, the X-plus is what you want. You can see that they are every bit as thick as the Moli’s and they have the added advantage of being all white as well as having a waistband on one side. Unfortunately the waistband ‘elastic’ isn’t nearly as good as what’s on the Depends or Attends, but… I guess you just can’t have a perfect diaper – yet,” she said with another one of her patented smiles. Now instead of feeling like she was mocking him, this smile actually made him feel quite comfortable. He could sense a real desire to help him in Cathy, some true caring that he was sure he was lucky to have stumbled across. Maybe it was there all along and it was just his own insecurity about this whole ‘adult diaper thing’ that made him wary of her at the start. Whatever the case, he was at ease with her now and was listening intently to her every word. (well, except for that football diversion, but let’s just let that go, eh?)

“I think the Abena is the best diaper on the market today. Now, you should consider yourself lucky. Up until a few years ago neither the Abena nor the Molicare were even on the market in the US. If you wanted a diaper of this quality you had to go overseas to get it. Now, you can just walk in to your friendly neighborhood medical supply store, talk to your smiling and ever-friendly clerk,” she paused to give her best game show host smile and extended her hands as if to point out the prize that he’d just won, “and presto – you’ve got yourself a great diaper you can take home and fall asleep in with no worries. It just doesn’t get much easier than that, Jason.”

Picking up the first cup of water she motioned back to the diapers laying, unfolded, on her desk one next to another. “But you can take all of what I’ve said at face value or you can see for yourself. I’ve always been the doubting Thomas type myself, so I can appreciate that you might not fully believe everything I tell you until you can prove it for yourself. So, let’s do a little test, shall we? This plastic cup has about 4 cups of water in it. That’s 32 ounces, if you have trouble with the Imperial system of measurement. Or, it’s about 950 ml if you’re a fan of the metric system. So, just a bit shy of a full liter. This may seem like a lot of liquid, but believe me, the human body definitely has the ability to put out this volume of urine during the average 8 hours of sleeping. Like I said earlier, if you’ve been drinking alcoholic drinks, well…I’m sure you can do the math on how many 12 ounce beers you’ve drunk in one night. Just three of them is going to be more than this cup I’ve got in my hands.” She watched him do the mental arithmetic and smirked when his eyes started to get wide.

She set the cup back down and said, “but before I actually ‘wet’ these diapers, let’s look at a chart that is going to give us a ballpark idea of what these guys are supposed to hold.” She pointed him back to the plasma display. “This same site has a handy chart for the capacities of each diaper that they sell. Now, they don’t show Depends on here but we can slot them somewhere just above Attends in their ultimate capacity, same for their re-wet ability. So you can see that Attends is at the bottom of the scale with 18 ounces. Molicare Super Plus comes in at 44 ounces, which is almost two and a half times that of Attends. Then you’ve got the Abena X-plus up here at the top of the chart with 75 ounces total capacity! That’s over 4 times the capacity of those Attends you were wearing. Think that would have helped you out the other night?”

Jason’s jaw dropped. “Wow, no foolin’ around with these things. Yeah, I bet I would have been just find with one of those on that night. But something that thick just doesn’t seem like it could possibly be comfortable to wear.”

“They might seem stiff and thick at first, Jason, but once you get them on, warmed up to body temperature and move around in them a bit, they tend to become a lot more pliable and comfortable. Now, you’ve got the advantage that you’re only wearing diapers to bed. There are folks out there who have to wear them 24/7 and trying to conceal something this thick can be a problem. Not to mention carrying around spares to change into can be a challenge as well. The benefit to you, however, is that you can always have that peace of mind that you’re going to make it through the night without leaks. So, let’s see how they all do with our little hands-on test.”

She picked up the first cup again and began to pour it very slowly around the interior of the open Depends. “Now, notice these standing leak barriers that some diapers have. They’re mainly intended to contain fecal matter for those people who are fecal incontinent as well as urinary incontinent. However, they have the added benefit of directing or containing any big flows, especially from you guys, until the fluff can catch up to wick the urine down into the gel layers. You’ll also note that while I’m pouring the water in very slowly to mimic the maximum rate of flow the average bladder releases at night, I’m also pouring it over the entire surface area of the diaper – something you, or anyone just isn’t equipped to do, if you get my meaning. You’re going to start wetting in one specific area depending on where you are ‘pointing’ at that time and the fluid will spread out from there. That initial point of entry will be saturated very quickly and thus force the loose liquid out to the outer lying areas. You’re always going to have some of the diaper that doesn’t soak up much if any of the urine, by the nature of how the diaper is positioned on your body in relation to your urethra, or in this case your penis.”

Jason had to blush when she referred to his penis but he pushed that shame away and tried to act what he considered with professional detachment. “Yes, I could see how that would be a problem. You definitely wouldn’t be using the entire capacity of the diaper, no matter where you start.”

Cathy stopped pouring and asked him to pick the diaper up and to feel the inside of it. Jason did and immediately noticed how much the diaper had expanded. That thin little strip of what she’d told him was gel was now puffed out along the entire length of the diaper. When he felt inside he felt a sheen of wetness all along the inside of the diaper. If this were on someone they would definitely feel wet at this point. Cathy said, “see, I still have a little more than 8 ounces to go in the cup, but if I kept pouring it would overflow all over my desk or at least the underpads.” She then picked up the diaper and twisted it like you would a soaked towel to get the water out. Water dripped all over the underpad. Jason was surprised. “And this is what happens when you saturate a diaper this much and then start moving around in it and shifting your weight. Now, let’s move on the Attends. She did the same thing, but poured a bit less water into this diaper. Again, the result was pretty close to the same, except the diaper didn’t swell up very much at all. Next she grabbed the purple Molicare and poured the whole 32 ounces into it. The diaper drank up all the liquid but Jason could feel a bit of moisture on the top of it when he placed his palm over it. It held everything, but probably wouldn’t be comfortable for very long after that. Finally Cathy grabbed the Abena diaper and began to pour liquid into it. She poured the entire contents of the cup into the diaper and had Jason feel for moisture. While he could tell there was liquid locked away in there he couldn’t feel any moisture on top. Cathy refilled the glass and poured again. Jason couldn’t believe it, the diaper soaked up ALL of the liquid. “Now, keep in mind, Jason, that I’ve spread this out over all the available surface area of the diaper, but still, I was able to pour 72 ounces of water into this diaper and only now are you starting to feel wetness on the top. Granted, if you had this diaper on it would be so heavy by now that it would be sagging beyond belief, but I think this is a great testament to just what a diaper should be!”

“I’ll say,” Jason replied. “I thought you were crazy when you went and refilled that cup! But, the results don’t lie. I don’t think I’m going to need that on most nights, but wow, I won’t have any fears going to bed with that kind of capacity backing me up!” Jason laughed as he spoke.

“I suppose that’s one way of looking at it,” Cathy said as she beamed from ear to ear. She knew she had ‘made the sale’ so to speak. While she wasn’t concerned about the profits from that potential sale, she was concerned about ‘her patients’ wellbeing, and she knew that Jason would be much better off with a product that could protect him all the time – not just some of it. “So, that concludes our water pouring demonstration for today, sir. If you would be good enough to help me clean up this mess we can get on to getting you out of here and into some diapers that will keep you safe and dry.”

Jason felt a bit peculiar to hear her say ‘safe and dry’ but he accepted that this was just the Cathy talked. Maybe she really did feel that somehow having a diaper on kept you safer. He couldn’t imagine how, but his wasn’t to wonder why.

After they had cleaned everything up, Jason followed Cathy out to the sales floor. It was darkened, with Mrs. Swanson having left nearly an hour earlier. Only the nighttime lighting was on and it gave the showroom area a kind of surreal feel to it. Cathy grabbed a bag of the X-Plus diapers off the shelf and bought them up to the register. She rang them up while Jason waited. He started to read the writing on the bag while she punched things into the register. Only 14 diapers in this bag?!? That couldn’t be right. There were 22 in the bag of Attends that she’d sold him before. Oh well, he could always come back and get more when he ran out.

“That will be $20, Jason.”

“What!”

“What, what?”

“Well, I paid what…$18 for the Attends last time and there were 22 of them. Now, you’re only giving me a bag of 14 diapers and I have to pay $20! That’s a freakin’ jip!” He planted his hands on his hips and stared defiantly at her.

Cathy looked at him with sympathy. “Jason, I am not the one who sets the prices for these things, believe me. Glenndale doesn’t mark things up very much at all, either. You are going to find that X-plus diapers are pretty much priced the same anywhere you go. We can get back online and you can look at that other healthcare store or at any of the major distributors and find these same diapers for the same or more money. So don’t believe for one second that I am trying to ‘jip’ you on the price. The truth of the matter is that if you want premium performance in a diaper you have to pay a premium price. Do you think that the gel that they put in these diapers is cheap? Do you know that these diapers are not produced commercially but rather they are imported and sold via a few select distributors? All of that adds to the price of the diaper. But it all comes down to quality versus quantity, Jason. I know it’s not cheap, but this is the best thing for you. Believe me, I know. I have a lot more experience in this area than you do. "

Jason started to waffle, “well, yeah, I know that you know more than I do about all of this…diaper stuff. That still doesn’t make it any better with the price. I don’t even have twenty bucks on me today, and I definitely know that I can’t afford to keep shucking out this kind of money this often. I’m a college student, Cathy. You know, the guys who go around collecting ketchup packets at the fast food joints and eating Ramen noodles cuz we can’t afford anything else? I mean, I just can’t do this, Cathy. I was stretching my limited budget to be able to afford the Attends on a regular basis.”

“OK, Jason, I understand. Look, we can’t put you back in Attends, and you can’t afford to buy the Abena diapers. The way I see it we only have one solution that makes sense. That would be to get you enrolled in The Program.

The chapter in which Cathy is cleverly redeemed in readers' minds?

I couldn't help liking Cathy when Jason first encountered her, even if other readers disliked her intensely. Pleased to see she hasn't lost the twinkle in her eye ;)

Another good read and another well-researched chapter too. Thanks JBonn.

D :) lly

Great chapter. Looking forward to see what the PROGRAM is all about. And to see if any relationship builds between them or if he finds a gal who will understand his plight and be helpful.

Babycro - in answer to your question: I had the first 7 or 8 chapters "in the can" when I started posting them here. Since then I've been writing as I go. About 6 months ago I outlined how I wanted things to go, at least up to a point. We still haven't reached that point, and I'm really not sure how the story will go beyond that point, if at all.

Again, thanks for all the comments - it helps keep the motivation going.

JBonn,

I really like your story. :) I like the way you express yourself with your words. All your other chapters I really enjoyed :blush: BUT this one I didn't enjoy this one. I felt like I was reading a TV commercial. :ninja: I hope you don't get pissed (or should I say pee peed) lol at me I just though Cathy was going to get into Janson in a different way. :whistling: In any case I'm still awaiting your next installment. Great Job. :thumbsup:

THE PROGRAM! Now, you've really got my curiosity stirred up. I can't wait to see what that is, and what Jason has gotten himself into this time! Is he going to be sorry? Or is this the start of something great? But Cathy sounds like quite an industry maven, as it were. And I think you obviously know a thing or two about the disposable diaper industry, as well. I kept thinking Glenndale has money to burn since they use some of those expensive imports for the demonstration that Jason saw! :D I was amazed to read about how much they absorb. But like Cathy, I really can't recommend the store brands, either! Keep up the good work and I think we are all ready to find out about THE PROGRAM!

Another good chapter. In addition to being entertaining, it's actually very informative.

Like everyone else, I'm very curious about THE PROGRAM. It sounds like it's going to be some sort of medical study. But is it just about diapers, or is there something else, perhaps more kinky involved? We'll have to wait and see. At least if Jason joins the study, he can use it as an excuse if he ever gets busted again.

Chapter 14 – The Program

Jason looked at Cathy like she’d suddenly turned into a top-secret CIA agent. What could she possibly be talking about when she referenced The Program? Was this some kind of witness protection program for bedwetters or what? “OK Cathy, what the heck are you talking about?”

Cathy giggled. “I suppose that sounded just a tad bit ominous, didn’t it? Not to worry, it really isn’t that big of a deal, but I think it will be the ideal solution to your situation if we can get you enrolled in it. Let’s sit down in my office again. It looks like I have a bit more explaining to do. We also need to get you squared away with some supplies in the interim.”

Cathy took the package of diapers and put it back on the shelf where she’d found it. Jason was almost sorry to see her do it, as he’d be anticipating being able to take those wonderful diapers home with him. Now, they seemed to be slipping out of his reach. For some reason the idea of taking them home and putting one on seemed to give him a sense of comfort. Shaking himself out of his daydreaming, he followed Cathy back to her office. They sat down and she began to explain.

“The Program was started by me as a research project last year. It’s a project funded by the University Hospital as part of my continuing education program. I have been doing studies on nocturnal enuresis, that’s bedwetting, for the better part of 2 years. Since I do some nursing work with the University I was able to network through enough people to get backing for it. So they provide the funding and I’m able to do some very unique research and provide the results to them which they then publish.”

“Now, for the part that you will probably be most interested in. We were able to get some distributors and retailers to donate supplies to us so we essentially have free diapers and other items for everyone on the study. Of course that means we need to give them some meaningful feedback on how their products fair in different environments, but I think that that is more than fair. After all, as you already pointed out, Jason, this stuff isn’t cheap. If you aren’t getting reimbursed by Medicare like all the old folks out there, or even discounted via your standard medical insurance then cost for these supplies can add up quickly.”

“What’s the catch?” Jason asked. “I mean, my momma didn’t raise no dummy, right? She told me that when something is too good to be true, it usually is, and if it isn’t, there is always a catch. So, what’s the catch?”

“Jason, there isn’t really a catch. Look, I can tell you all about the program, but let’s get you squared away in the short term. You need diapers and you need them ASAP. I can’t get you in to the program right away, I have to go through the proper channels and get it approved. So, I’m guessing by Thursday at the earliest. So, in the meantime, let’s get you set up so you can survive until at least then, OK?”

“Well, what am I going to do now?” Jason said, with a tinge of nervousness creeping into his voice. He started to feel a bit sorry for himself, wondering if he would qualify to get into Cathy’s program and worrying what would happen to him if he didn’t. He knew for certain that he couldn’t afford to pay for these new, expensive diapers. He could barely make it getting the Attends before. He didn’t have a job while he was in college as he wanted to concentrate on schoolwork and keep his grades up. So, what little spending money he had was all from the savings he was able to build up from summer jobs.

Cathy reached out and lightly grasped his shoulder, causing him to look up and into her eyes. Again, he saw true concern there. “Hey Jason, no worries. I’m gonna take care of you. Check this out.” She got up and pulled open another cabinet behind her desk and came away with a clear plastic bag with several diapers in it. She set it down in front of Jason and told him, “here is one of our sample or ‘starter’ kids for heavy incontinence. It has 9 diapers in it; 3 each of the Abena X-plus, Molicare Super Plus, and the Abena Super. We give these packs out to those customers who aren’t sure what product would be best for them. You can ignore the instruction sheet tucked in there, as it’s mainly written for the little old ladies who get these things. However, all of these briefs have one feature that I want to go over with you that you aren’t yet familiar with.”

Cathy tore open the package and pulled out one of the Abena X-plus diapers, or at least he was pretty sure it was an X-plus, it could have been one of those Supers...geez, this diaper thing is way too complicated, he thought. She opened up the diaper and pointed to the tape tabs on each side. Right away he noticed that there were only 4 tabs instead of the 6 he was used to on the Attends. I don’t know what she’s making such a big deal of, he thought. I can grasp having 2 less tapes to deal with!

“As you can see, these diapers have 2 tapes on each side. No big deal, they’re actually a bit easier to deal with than the 6-tape diaper you’re used to. Anyway, what I wanted to show you was this.” She pulled the tape tab away from the blue backing a little bit. “These are basically double tapes. You start by lifting up the entire double tape and placing it on the diaper. But then if you want to untape the diaper and re-tape, either for a better fit or if maybe you want to take off the diaper and put it back on, well, then you can pull the white tape up and place it directly on the outside of the diaper. Now, I’ve got to warn you,” she said, in a knowing voice, “my experience has shown me that if you want the best fit right off the bat and you don’t want to worry about the first tapes slipping off the 2nd ones then you should just use the white tapes right away. They are going to hold onto the outside of the diaper a lot better than sitting on the blue tabs.”

“Sure, makes sense. I know what happens if you have a bad fit, believe me,” Jason said with a grin, and a roll of his eyes.

“OK, great! In that case, let’s get you to try one of these bad boys out.”

Jason stood immobile and mute. What did she just say? He wasn’t sure what surprised him more, the fact that Cathy had used the term ‘bad boys’ in reference to an adult diaper, or that she seemed to be indicating a repeat of his first humiliating incident here with her. That was something he was definitely not eager to repeat. Jason stood there, fixed and fixated. The scene from before kept replaying itself in his mind. There he was laying back with a diaper under him while Cathy talked about him sporting wood. There he was, standing in a diaper and Cathy was pouring water down the front of it. He didn’t think he could go through that humiliation again.

Cathy seemed to know what he was thinking. “Hey, not to worry, buddy, the first time is the worst, after that everything is easy. Remember, I’m a professional nurse, technically a part-time caregiver, and most of all, Jason – I’m here to help you, as your friend.”

“I know, Cathy. It’s just….”

“Jason, no one likes to have their dignity stripped from them. That’s why us girls dread going to the gynecologist once a year, and you guys hate having your prostates checked later in life.” Jason visibly shuddered at that. He was thankful he was young and in, relatively, good health. He wasn’t about to let someone ‘check his prostate’. “However, situations like that don’t have to be nearly as bad as we think, especially when you have someone you can trust and call a friend who helps you with it. Hopefully you think of me as a friend?”

Jason thought about it for a moment, “Well, yeah, sure, Cathy. I mean I can tell that you really want to help. That doesn’t make getting a diaper on me by someone I just met once or twice before any less awkward, you know?”

“I know, Jason. Believe me, I know. However, the more often you have it done the less awkward it becomes. Some people even get to,” she stopped herself for a second, “perhaps ‘enjoy’ is too strong of a word, but certainly they don’t mind it. They even look forward to the time as a bonding experience and a chance to let down their guard and relax from the day’s stresses. Actually just the opposite of what you’ve described,” she said with a wink. “Even the person doing the changing can come to enjoy the experience, as it helps bring them closer to the person they are helping out on a level that pretty much no one else can.”

“Look, Cathy, I can’t just snap my fingers and be all calm and collected about this, but, hey, I’ll give it the old college try, OK?”

“I totally, understand, Jason. But about that old college try…I haven’t been out of undergrad for that long, but when I was in college that meant grabbing a six-pack, getting a good, strong buzz going and then going out to conquer the world! Anyway, you’ll get used to it pretty soon if you’re accepted into The Program.”

Jason chuckled. “Well, unless you have a stash around here at work, let’s just do this, sober, eh?” As he followed Cathy from her office to the ‘exam room’ he pondered her comment about The Program. He had to wonder just exactly how this program worked. Did everyone in the program get their diapers changed by Cathy?

She motioned Jason to lay back on the examination table. He stopped halfway down as he realized he needed to get his pants off. Cathy merely ‘tut-tutted’ him while gently pushing him back down on his back. “No need to take care of that, hon. That’s what I’m here for. You just lay back and relax.”

She started to talk as she reached down and began untying Jason’s shoes and placed them on the floor at the base of the exam table. “So, how was your day at school today?”

Jason was surprised by the question at first, as it reminded him of what his mom used to ask him every day from grade 1, right on up til grade 12. Unlike his mom, however, Cathy seemed to be really waiting for an honest answer. He couldn’t help but oblige her out of courtesy.

“Um, fine I guess.”

“C’mon, Jason, you’re a university student. I’m sure you can expound on that answer a tad bit more,” she said as she unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants.

Trying not to think about what she was doing, Jason reviewed his day in his mind.

“Well, after I got up I went to my 9am. Uh, that’s French class. I suppose it was alright. My TA is kinda looney though. She thinks she’s living in Paris, or something. She has a cow if we speak any English in class. So, most of the time I’m stuck mumbling a few words I can string together before I’ve got to ask her ‘comment dit-on….whatever’. She just shakes her head at me and grudgingly tells me how to say whatever word I’m looking for in French. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate French that much, it’s just the way I’m learning it, I guess.”

Cathy had his pants off and was working on pulling his underwear down around his ankles. He was glad he hadn’t worn his tighty-whities today since she’d made such bad comments about them last time. He noticed her eyebrows raise a tad when she saw the mid-rise ‘fashion briefs’ come into view. What could he say? He wasn’t going to go with boxers and hang out all over the place and she was harping on his other briefs so…

“So yeah, French is OK. I just wish I had a different instructor. I don’t expect I’ll ever use the language, you know. I’m not really sure why they make us take a foreign language anyway. I mean, here we are by the Canadian border. All of THEM speak English and those few who refuse to are the ones who I don’t really want to talk to anyway. Then you’ve got the rest of the world…”

Cathy had the diaper out and had just placed it under his butt but she held off taping it up initially. “Sorry to interrupt, Jason, but I wanted to tell you what I’m going to do so it won’t come as a shock. You’ve got a little rash going on from the diapers so I’m going to get a little baby oil into this and then we’ll give you a nice powdering.”

“OK,” he went on like she’d just told him that the sky was blue and the sun was yellow.

Cathy grabbed a bottle of baby oil from the counter and squirted a liberal amount into her hands before rubbing them together. “So, Jason, have you had dinner yet?”

“No, I had to hoof it out here before you closed just after my last class for the day. I was just gonna grab something when I got home.”

“Well, if you want to step out for a bit after this we can head down to Applebees, my treat, and I can fill you in about all the details of the Program.” As she was saying this she managed to oil up his thighs and then was working around his other parts. Jason had started to rise to attention, as was inevitable for a guy his age when a woman who looked like Cathy did was working baby oil around your dick. Jason higher brain functions seemed to shut down in direct proportion to his ‘2nd brain’ kicking in. “Um, uh…yeah, I guess so. But where’s Applebees?” He managed to get this out while she’d grasped a hold of his dick and seemed to be stroking it up and down. ‘My god,’ Jason thought, ‘she’s got her hands wrapped around my rod and she’s asking me out to dinner!’

“Great! I didn’t know if I’d get a firm answer out of you – you seem a bit distracted. Probably all concerned about your French class, I imagine,” she said as she gave 2 last strokes. “Applebees is down off Eisenhower. I’m not surprised you don’t know it’s there. If you don’t drive around town that often you won’t get to it. Anyway, it’s a favorite place of mine to grab a quick dinner and a beer if my day has been hectic. I imagine you could use a little unwinding.”

Jason’s eyes rolled back up and began to focus on Cathy’s face again. There was no mischievous smile there, but he could have sworn he heard it in her voice while his eyes were closed and he was in that other place. ‘Maybe I was imagining all of it,’ he thought. ‘Maybe this is just the normal part of a diaper change. If there’s more where that came from then I shouldn’t be asking so many questions about the Program and just sign on the dotted line.’

Cathy pulled the front of the diaper up between his legs and positioned it over his crotch. She had to hold his member down with the front panel of the diaper while she began taping each side. Her eyes flitted back and forth between the tapes and Jason’s eyes. She seemed to be waiting for him to say something. Her last comments replayed in his head quickly and he realized this would be the time for him to reply if he weren’t fixated on other matters. He felt himself twitch as he thought that.

“Oh, yeah, I could definitely use some unwinding. I’m curious though, wouldn’t going out to dinner with one of your ‘patients’ be some sort of violation of your ethics code or something?”

“Nope, not at all, Jason. I’m not your shrink and I’m not your doctor. I’m just the administrator of a research project that, technically, you aren’t even a member of yet. I’m also your friend. At least I hope that I’m becoming that to you, Jason. The bottom line is that I don’t need to hold myself apart from the participants in the Program. In fact, we often get together to do things of a social nature since we’ve all developed such great ties to each other. You have to admit that we have a sort of intimate relationship, and that is something you can’t just wish away.” She’d finished taping his diaper up and now gave him a gentle pat on the front of the diaper to punctuate her statement, and to indicate that she was all done. She reached down to grab his underpants – looked at them and smiled – then handed them to him. “You aren’t going to be needing these right now, so why don’t you put them in your bookbag, OK?”

“What do you mean, I won’t be needing them? I thought this was just to show me how to put these new diapers on?”

“Jason, you know exactly how much these diapers cost now, right?” He nodded his head before she continued. “So…there’s no reason to take off a perfectly good diaper. If you don’t use it before you go to bed tonight then you can just wear this one overnight. If not, you can always try putting on your first one yourself later tonight. Now, let’s get you into some panties that are a bit more practical, shall we?”

“Panties?!? What the heck are you talking about,” he said as he started to bolt upright on the examination table.

“Settle down, Kemosabe. The outlaws haven’t taken over the town and we can still head ‘em off at the pass,” she said with a grin and a gentle push to prostrate him on the table once more. “You’ve got to get over your attachment of a stigma to certain words, Jason. ‘Panties’ is a term that should be gender neutral anyway, but in this context I’m talking about some of the ‘plastic pants’ that you saw out on the shelf the first day you were in here.”

“Oh. Well, I guess that’s ok, then. I mean, I figured that something like that might be good to have, anyway. Just in case – you know?”

Successfully hiding her smirk, Cathy told herself that he was coming around slowly. Perhaps he’d be even easier to integrate into the Program than she’d first thought. “I’ve got a pair of plasticized nylon pants here that were returned to us a few months ago. The buyer ended up with the wrong size – somebody who came in and bought off the shelf without trying it on before they left – and they returned it for a different size. Now we have this panty that has never been used, but we can’t resell it due to laws regarding hygiene. So, I can’t think of a better recipient for this nice panty than you, Jason.” Jason turned red when she used the word panty again. “Now, let me tell you, this isn’t the best panty on the market, but it will do in the short term. I really just want to get you used to the idea of wearing something over your diaper to contain any possible leaks. I don’t expect you’ll really need them most nights, but we don’t want a repeat of your incident this weekend, right?” Jason nodded his head dumbly while she slid the nylon panties up his legs and over his thick diaper.

“For now, however,” she said as she pulled up his pants and buckled his belt, “you and I are going out to dinner and getting out of here. I’ve been at work far too long.”

Jason nodded again and jumped down off the table. Immediately he felt the bulk of the diaper around his crotch. It certainly wasn’t like wearing his underwear and it was definitely thicker, or perhaps denser, than the Attends he’d been wearing. He tried to walk and felt like he was waddling. The only good thing was that either this type of diaper didn’t crinkle as much as the Attends or the ‘panties’ were muffling the sound enough that he couldn’t hear it.

“Cathy, this isn’t going to work. I can’t go out in public like this! I’m waddling around like a baby and I feel like the Michelin Tire Man! "

"Jason, that’s just because this is the first time you’ve worn a diaper like this. Not to mention that this is probably the first time you’ve worn a diaper out in public, unless I miss my guess?” He nodded yes and she continued, “well then, just think of it this way. They only way anyone is going to notice that you have a diaper on is if you tell them or otherwise draw attention to yourself. People generally see what you want them to see. Heck, if you are REALLY paranoid about it just keep your long coat on – then you’ll be guaranteed that no one will have a clue you are in a diaper. Just don’t sell yourself short, Jason. Your behind looks pretty cute in a diaper – if you know what you’re looking for.” She winked again and Jason rolled his eyes. “C’mon, cutie, let’s go.”