LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can Anti Depressants And/or Mood Stabilizers Cause Incontinence?

I'm about 40 with some mental heath issues that I take prescriptions for.

When I was a kid, I had a weak bladder that cause a lot of bed wetting and a couple humiliating accidents in 3rd grade.

When I was a teenager and in my 20's I had no issues.

I've been on different anti depressants for about 10 years and mood stabilizers for about a year.

I've started having "trickling" problems in the last few months.

And have to find a bathroom quick or I will loose all control.

I'm wearing those pads with elastic buttons for people with this problem.

I am just wondering if medication could weaken my bladder?

And will I have to choose between prescription side effects and wearing "diapers"?

I should add to this, that I've been a D/L maybe ever since I was potty trained as a child.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm exacerbating a small problem by making something out of it.

It's like how I've heard some bed wetters will still wear a diaper even though they have dry nights.

For now, it hasn't really bothered me to wear pads or guards.

Maybe it will happen later.

But right now I have an excuse to wear without feelings of guilt or shame.

I'm about 40 with some mental heath issues that I take prescriptions for.

When I was a kid, I had a weak bladder that cause a lot of bed wetting and a couple humiliating accidents in 3rd grade.

When I was a teenager and in my 20's I had no issues.

I've been on different anti depressants for about 10 years and mood stabilizers for about a year.

I've started having "trickling" problems in the last few months.

And have to find a bathroom quick or I will loose all control.

I'm wearing those pads with elastic buttons for people with this problem.

I am just wondering if medication could weaken my bladder?

And will I have to choose between prescription side effects and wearing "diapers"?

Kari,

it is unusual that medication is that specific to affect urinary sphincter operation - other than direct injection. It is more likely that the medication is affecting the frontal lobe of your brain stem which causes either reflex or unhibited urinary incontinence - ie you will either drip constantly OR you will empty without control. Medication that affects certain brain functions is cumulative. Either will eventually weaken your urinary system. I suggest that you talk to a competent medical professional and also mention the incontinence and the cocktail of drugs you are currently taking. Since there are many drugs available, one could be found that doesn't have that specific effect on you.