LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who Sets The Standards?

So, I always wanted to know: was the thesaurus a carnivore like triceratops, an herbivore like brontosaurus, or an omnivore like me? :)

Actually Triceratops was a herbivore as was the brontosaurus that you mentioned..one of my favorite dino's really, always getting into fights with the T-Rex.

On a note with this thread..I have a hard time reading Threads That have incorrect words in the Title or words that are misspelled or wrong in the title...It drives me nuts and I want to go and change them..but I just grit my teeth and move on. Guess we all have little pet peeves. ;)

Actually Triceratops was a herbivore as was the brontosaurus that you mentioned..one of my favorite dino's really, always getting into fights with the T-Rex.

On a note with this thread..I have a hard time reading Threads That have incorrect words in the Title or words that are misspelled or wrong in the title...It drives me nuts and I want to go and change them..but I just grit my teeth and move on. Guess we all have little pet peeves. ;)

important enough to say twice huh?

As someone who has to had to defend why he pursued an English major with a Writing Emphasis all through college, it irks me to no end that there are people, both online and out in the world, who do not practice standard grammar and spelling. I never lambaste them for doing so; I simply ignore them, or try to quickly decipher what they're saying and see if I'm still interested. And yes, I actually take the time to use capital letters and punctuation where it's appropriate when sending text messages or chatting on IM. Communication is a vital skill, both written and oral, and for an introvert like me, it's a survival skill. What I lack in public speaking, I have to make up for in my writing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure a person making such a post or comment might be well-educated or intelligent, but it's hard for the rest of us to see it in that's person's writing. Because with the exception of web cams, how else are we going to communicate on the Internet?

And ten bonus points to Angela for actually using the term "ossified prig." ^_^

important enough to say twice huh?

Hey! Don't go making fun of Repaid 1- he can't help that he's got SCS* :huh: As the disease progresses, the patient will begin clicking more and more until the overused finger muscles lock. Unless the mouse has been trained to recognize this and deny multiplicity, it can lead to pages of reposts. The record was set in 1992 when John "Palsy" Parkinson blew up his ISP's server at 3,212 1/2 pages of reposts :P Mr. Parkinson was found 3 days later sitting at his computer desk with his left arm trying to lift his right hand from the mouse with so much pressure that his skin had already grown together which made changing shirts rather troublesome :lol: His mouse is now on display at the McGillicuddy Museum of Misued Mice next to the hand of the first person to suffer "Pac-Man Thumb" ;)

*SCS- Spastic Click Syndrome: A usually non-fatal disease which if left untreated can lead to LEETspeak, On-Road texting, Cellphonitis, Ebonics, and a host of other anti-social communication diseases which directly relate to the lack of mental capacity of the sufferer :roflmao:

Bettypooh

When did I go from being the young "Baby Angela Darling" of DPF in 1991 to being called an over-the-hill hasbeen by the current bunch of under-18 people on a site apparently they started? It was a 15 year-old young lady I know well in person who in frustration called me an ossified prig.

What I find so funny is the same people now in school getting in the habit of making up spelling as they go along, then being so prissy about how anyone else posts, will be sending me resumes begging for internships very soon. How impressive is a job application containing not only typos but downright ignorant use of language? You would be shocked that I get those from young adults nearly ready to graduate from law schools?

It is so sad that it takes life experience to learn what we do not know. I am so lucky that my Granny and Mom were already office managers by the time I was growing up. They taught me to type effectively with minimum strain on my body. Learning Pitman-Gregg short hand helped teach me to spell and more importantly, how to listen despite distractions. Sure, in the 20 years since I did my own typing at work my keyboard skills have slipped. But I anticipated this.

Say, anyone can start an ABDL website. It can then be the owners sandbox with the owner's rules. Of course if the rules are foolish, then the rest of us go play where we feel welcome and respected. This also is fair!

As someone who has to had to defend why he pursued an English major with a Writing Emphasis all through college, it irks me to no end that there are people, both online and out in the world, who do not practice standard grammar and spelling. I never lambaste them for doing so; I simply ignore them, or try to quickly decipher what they're saying and see if I'm still interested. And yes, I actually take the time to use capital letters and punctuation where it's appropriate when sending text messages or chatting on IM. Communication is a vital skill, both written and oral, and for an introvert like me, it's a survival skill. What I lack in public speaking, I have to make up for in my writing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure a person making such a post or comment might be well-educated or intelligent, but it's hard for the rest of us to see it in that's person's writing. Because with the exception of web cams, how else are we going to communicate on the Internet?

And ten bonus points to Angela for actually using the term "ossified prig." ^_^

Hey! Don't go making fun of Repaid 1- he can't help that he's got SCS* :huh: As the disease progresses, the patient will begin clicking more and more until the overused finger muscles lock. Unless the mouse has been trained to recognize this and deny multiplicity, it can lead to pages of reposts. The record was set in 1992 when John "Palsy" Parkinson blew up his ISP's server at 3,212 1/2 pages of reposts :P Mr. Parkinson was found 3 days later sitting at his computer desk with his left arm trying to lift his right hand from the mouse with so much pressure that his skin had already grown together which made changing shirts rather troublesome :lol: His mouse is now on display at the McGillicuddy Museum of Misued Mice next to the hand of the first person to suffer "Pac-Man Thumb" ;)

*SCS- Spastic Click Syndrome: A usually non-fatal disease which if left untreated can lead to LEETspeak, On-Road texting, Cellphonitis, Ebonics, and a host of other anti-social communication diseases which directly relate to the lack of mental capacity of the sufferer

Bettypooh

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, what are the warning signs of SCS because I think I have that. :o:P

Beer Tremors...I'm sure you can relate!!!!! :P;)

Deleted it..didn't notice :huh:

Deleted what? I saw nothing! :ph34r:

While I am only 29, some days I still feel as if I am just out of school. Time has slipped by so fast that it is hard to comprehend where it went. It is not until I encounter a person 'just out of school' that I realise I am not, and I begin to feel like a relic. The youth in my head is much more considerate and articulate. He has a sense of responsibility. Fortunately he does not have a sense of entitlement - that feeling he must be handed everything on a silver platter. It's hard for me to grasp. Perhaps someday I will when I rise from the wreckage after turning thirty.

What I find so funny is the same people now in school getting in the habit of making up spelling as they go along, then being so prissy about how anyone else posts, will be sending me resumes begging for internships very soon. How impressive is a job application containing not only typos but downright ignorant use of language? You would be shocked that I get those from young adults nearly ready to graduate from law schools?

Unfortunately, Angela, it's not just you that is recognising this. I have witnessed the resumes and job applications. It is quite interesting, to say the least. My personal feeling is that if you can't take the time to tweak your resume and cover letter to ensure it is functionally correct, you'll likely put the same effort into your job. Always think of a resume, cover letter, CV or job application as a sales tool. You are trying to sell yourself as an employee to your potential employer. If that is not worth 100% of your effort, than it certainly is not worth 100% of mine.

I have witnessed the resumes and job applications. It is quite interesting, to say the least. My personal feeling is that if you can't take the time to tweak your resume and cover letter to ensure it is functionally correct, you'll likely put the same effort into your job. Always think of a resume, cover letter, CV or job application as a sales tool. You are trying to sell yourself as an employee to your potential employer. If that is not worth 100% of your effort, than it certainly is not worth 100% of mine.

I've always believed in that, and considering how many resumes are now flooding the job market, it's probably good advice for all those seekers (and I include myself in that category). ;)

While I am only 29, some days I still feel as if I am just out of school. Time has slipped by so fast that it is hard to comprehend where it went. It is not until I encounter a person 'just out of school' that I realise I am not, and I begin to feel like a relic. The youth in my head is much more considerate and articulate. He has a sense of responsibility. Fortunately he does not have a sense of entitlement - that feeling he must be handed everything on a silver platter. It's hard for me to grasp. Perhaps someday I will when I rise from the wreckage after turning thirty.

You said they do not have that sense of entitlement...that hasn't been the case from the norm of today's youth I have noticed, in fact just the opposite... to get a half of days work out of most of the younger crowd I have witnessed is like pulling your own teeth..sans Orajel -_-

You said they do not have that sense of entitlement...that hasn't been the case from the norm of today's youth I have noticed, in fact just the opposite... to get a half of days work out of most of the younger crowd I have witnessed is like pulling your own teeth..sans Orajel -_-

What I was trying to say was that the youth I still see myself as - the one in my head - doesn't have that sense of entitlement.

*SCS- Spastic Click Syndrome: A usually non-fatal disease which if left untreated can lead to LEETspeak, On-Road texting, Cellphonitis, Ebonics, and a host of other anti-social communication diseases which directly relate to the lack of mental capacity of the sufferer :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Doesn't that person also have their head on display for being the first person with Pac-Man Fever? Or is that in a medical museum?

This is why I like psychical jobs where I am kept away from customers and the public. All an employer needs to know is that I don't use drugs and that I can lift heavy shit.

I wonder about the aura and palm readers you must be talking about. ;)

Psychical, or physical? In this case, the word is not misspelled, but I think maybe you used the wrong word. :) That is a much more difficult problem to solve, even for people who know what they are doing and put a lot of effort into it. Finding the right word can be quite a chore sometimes, but worth it if you can manage to do so. Sometimes, I can spend hours trying to come up with the right word for a particular situation or problem. In the mean time, though, I often look like a blubbering idiot who doesn't know what word to use, and can't say anything because I can't get the word off the tip of my tongue. :(

Psychical, or physical? In this case, the word is not misspelled, but I think maybe you used the wrong word. :) That is a much more difficult problem to solve, even for people who know what they are doing and put a lot of effort into it. Finding the right word can be quite a chore sometimes, but worth it if you can manage to do so. Sometimes, I can spend hours trying to come up with the right word for a particular situation or problem. In the mean time, though, I often look like a blubbering idiot who doesn't know what word to use, and can't say anything because I can't get the word off the tip of my tongue. :(

I hate it when that happens. I'd suggest WordWeb. It comes in quite handy for this kind of problem.

Another handy tool. Better than most built-in thesaurus and free (better than paying for thesaurus add-ons for word processors, etc.).

yep you got me. wrong word fail for me :blush: and of course spell check didn't pick up on it because it was spelled correctly. anyway, this only goes to show how inept i am at this whole english thing.

bah to it all i say. BAH! :P