LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Nappies

a little help here please, i have just bought some new terry nappies ( cloth) and they are lovely and soft compared to my older ones. my question is...is it ok to use fabric softerner ( i have bought some LENOR) in the washing machine to help keep my nappies nice and soft? many thanks for any replies and help.

Everybody says that fabric softner in the washing reduces absorbency :o I never tried to see myself because I believe that ;) I use dryer sheets for softness(Bounce is the best known US brand)and they don't seem to reduce absorbency :) Softness hasn't been an issue for me except for flannel diapers which get harder with age and use- fabric softner can't fix that :( To me those feel like I'm sitting on a board so I don't wear flannel diapers unless where I'm putting my bottom is going to be soft :P

Bettypooh

Guest Juni's Cute Baby Lucy

Hiya Full Nappy

Now this is one thing I really do know!

NO... Darkfinn is right it kinda coats it and soon they wont absorb half as much. This is from washing real baby nappies.

I always found with those that we got them soft in the dryer, rather than hanging them out (they used to go quite hard just hanging out).... but I do remember reading years ago how you should always hang them out in the sun if you can.... but for all I know that could be to keep the fresh and whiter.

As you know I've not got and cloth nappies of my own yet, but I'm sure the theory is the same!

Huggles

Lucy

Everybody says that fabric softner in the washing reduces absorbency :o I never tried to see myself because I believe that ;) I use dryer sheets for softness(Bounce is the best known US brand)and they don't seem to reduce absorbency :) Softness hasn't been an issue for me except for flannel diapers which get harder with age and use- fabric softner can't fix that :( To me those feel like I'm sitting on a board so I don't wear flannel diapers unless where I'm putting my bottom is going to be soft :P

Bettypooh

You use DRYER sheets?! You DO know how those things work right? The wax melts off the sheet and bonds to the fibers in the fabric essentially "lubricating" the fibers, at the same time adding a level of waterproofing. You might not notice but I guarantee you are severely limiting the absorption speed of the diaper. Same reason why a starched linen napkin at a nice restaurant doesn't work as a napkin because they don't absorb.

No bleach or fabric softener. Bleach will weaken the fibers. Fabric softener will make the diaper less absorbant.

a little help here please, i have just bought some new terry nappies ( cloth) and they are lovely and soft compared to my older ones. my question is...is it ok to use fabric softerner ( i have bought some LENOR) in the washing machine to help keep my nappies nice and soft? many thanks for any replies and help.

Guest Juni's Cute Baby Lucy

I've heard of this before - in fact many sites selling nappies tell you as much - however, does anyone have any helpful suggestions on what commercial washing powders/liquids available are best to use? Beer in mind fullnappy and I are in the UK :)

DP

Hiya

again this is based on washing Baby nappies, but we use Fairy, does the job fine and is nice and gentle on delicate bottoms!!!

there are some special powders to add as an extra (like vanish) but designed for nappies... if you can't get them clean they might be worth looking in to...

Hugs

Lucy