LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Proper Pronoun To Use To Describe A Sissy?

underwhere

I was in the "Corrupt-a-wish" thread in the "Game time" forum, and I was trying to respond to a wish involving a sissy, and I realized I had no idea whether I should say "he" or "she". I wound up getting around the problem by using the person's handle instead, but it got me to thinking about this. What pronoun should I have used?

And maybe another newbie question too: Are there female sissies, or by definition, are all sissies male?

I always refer to my fellow Sissies/Crossdresses as "She" (when they are in female guise.) I think it's because when I do ageplay, my partner refers to Beth that way. I just see it as gender reversal.

Regarding the female Sissies. I've come across many real females that like the Sissy look. I guess you could argue that they are not the same, as they are simply girls wearing girls clothing. However, I don't think you can really call most Sissy type dresses regular womens clothing. In a sense Lolitas are a form of Sissy.

Beth

When I talk to my sissy/crossdressing friends, and when they refer to me, we call each other "she". The way I look at it, if you are a sissy/crossdresser then its the state of mind in which you are in. If you picture yourself as a girl, then by all means you are a girl. For the other question, I agree with Beth. girls in girly clothing are simply that, girls wearing girly clothing. If the wear clothes made for boys, then they are being tomboys. I guess you can call Lolitas sissies but I still see them as girls wearing girly clothes, extremly childish looking girly clothes but girly clothes none the less.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Oooh, interesting. I wonder if I can find an issue here. And I see from the cover that they report on "Baby the Stars Shine Bright". They have some really cute stuff. One of my frineds got a lolita dress from them when she went to Tokyo three summers ago. I would never ask her to wear it though. Aside from that it wouldn't fit, she doesn't know about me being sissy.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

For the other question, I agree with Beth. girls in girly clothing are simply that, girls wearing girly clothing. If the wear clothes made for boys, then they are being tomboys. I guess you can call Lolitas sissies but I still see them as girls wearing girly clothes, extremly childish looking girly clothes but girly clothes none the less.

But even a tough and sturdy woman looks in a sissy dress/sweet Lolita dress like a transvestite. It´s a kind of paradoxon.

But some actual women like to pretend being transvestites, so the girly attire makes them more masculine.

Babygirl Kvetinka

Wow! I didn't realize I'd get such a huge response to this thread. Even with the tangents taken, which have been really interesting to read about anyway, it has been very informative to read the responses. It seems, by general consensus, that I should call a sissy a "she", and therefore, I will endeavor to do that from now on. Thanks everybody!

Yes Kohai, it is easier to book tickets in advance........about 4 to 6 months before you go!!!! There are a limited amount of tickets that are given out daily and is only open for about 8 or 9 months of the year! Its really really hard to get tickets. I told my mom that thats the only gift I want for my 21st birthday. I hope she can get them.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

• 1 month later...
Guest NaughtyAshes

I call people who identify as men, live the public life of men, and benefit from male privilege 'he.' Thus I call Sissy's 'he' - because they are men and men dressed like women in private are still men.

"She" is always safest. Some people who are sissy want to be little girls. Others (like myself) are in fact boys that are being forced to be sissies. In the first case they want to be referred to as girls. In the second, they see themselves as boys, but being treated as girls would be in line with the fantasy.

• 15 years later...

It's a tricky one and I think in the end we ourselves have to decide for ourselves what we prefer and if it matters a lot (it might and that's okay) then perhaps putting it somewhere on site people can look at may make sense.

Trust me I wouldn't want to misgender or otherwise use pronouns you don't feel comfortable with.

If you are in any doubt initially at least use they/them - you can always message later.

Personally given the lack of a well understood set I'd go with She, with Hur/Gurl in other contexts to make it clear I identify as a sissy and don't wish to  be mistaken for a girl at least online (and let the girls keep girl/her for themselves) when it comes to gender.

Doesn't mean we can't be nice to each other no matter what.