LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Makeshift

we've praised all the disposables and even some specific cloth diapers, sure; but i think its high time to pay homage to what many young diaper novices have tried... makeshift diapers! :lol:

so lets hear it! best makeshift diapers!

my own contribution is actually my main diapering style since i've been cutting down on disposables (only for messy enemas). i use gerber birdseye prefolds (a 12 pack is $11 @ walmart), regular all-white briefs, and plastic pants. why? well, i live in a dorm and use a communal laundry. its a WHOLE lot easier to explain away toddler-sized prefolds than adult-sized ones, plus the regular briefs as the 'cover' also negates any suspicion. with plastic pants i haven't had more than the occasional leak, and thats usually after 6-8 hours of wetting or playtimes when i strive to get as wet as possible as fast as i can. as a bonus everything dries MUCH faster and i can customize my diaper any way i want. if its time for bed i can pop in as many prefolds as i want... i could do twelve if i wanted to, but i wouldn't be able to get my legs closed at all! if i want to go out to run some errands or to class then i'll toss in 2.

saves me money and money in the dryer, plus the overall bulk is so much lower than adult prefolds of similar thickness. so yay to the makeshift!

You could also try washcloths, hand towels, or bath towels cut down to whatever size, to divert even more suspicion.

too right, i did that for lots of years and the night time weight fitted diapers i've sewn over the years all have a full hand towel as the soaker. i just find that it takes so dang long to dry in the dryer that birdseye or gauze is the better option. ^_^