LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Makeshift Cribs

kurkilla

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought daybeds and chaise lounges are the most beautiful pieces of furniture. I never even thought of their potential for AB play.

I just might have to get one...I've been sleeping in the same pink bed since I was two.

This is a daybed sold by IKEA.

Ikea

Just face it against the wall when you want to play.

That's... interesting. If I had more space, I'd try something like that. As it is, I'm close to replacing my bed with a couch just to get a square foot or two back in my room.

if go to any home improvement store, lowes, the home depot etc... pick up the wooden dowels, i'd suggest at leastan inch thick, and then pick up some of the 1" by 1" sqaure pieces of wood, uses the square pieces as the top and bottom of the rails, and nail or screw the round dowels to them evenly spaced apart, then you can use hinges or hook and eye clasps to connect them around your bed. Then come apart and slide under the bed or into the back of the closet when not using them.

You can cut the round dowels to whatever height you want then stain or paint them to whatever color you want.

also, in the home decor section they sell designs that stick onto your wall and peel off without leaving any marks, you could use them to put on the wall, when you are in baby mode, then peel off when you are done.

no the point to making this is you are not screwing anything into the frame.. the four peices you make of 'rails' connect to each other either with hinges or with hook and eye clasps, and will support themselves once connected around the bed, then when done using them, you unhook them, or fold them up and slide them under the bed... plus, it only takes a screw driver and hammer and nails, both are less than 25$ buys combined at home depot or lowes, and at both stores you can measure and cut the dowels in store...

thats why i suggested it.. so you can dismantle it and slide it under the bed or into the closet when you are done playing...

but yeah i agree not everyone is as handy with tools, but all it takes is a hammer and a nail and maybe afew screws for the hinges and thats all....

but yeah it wouldn't connect to the bed at all, and if your bed is against the wall you only have to make three sides, that hinge together, cause the fourth side would be the wall.

the good thing about this frame is that set up on its own not around a bed, it makes an instant playpen as well.

yeah i wasn't taking into account the cost of the lumber... forgot about that!!!, just the cost of the tools and screws/nails.... the cost of the lumber depends on how far apart you want the dowels placed, along with how high yhou want the rails to be, and the size of your bed.. so without knowing those measurements its hard to estimate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

I know this thread hasnt been active in over 10 years, but I thought I'd add my ideas incase anyone was looking for the same info I was looking for. 

My favourite idea is getting a white safety fence with a gate. The ones I've seen are about 60cm tall and come with 5 pieces, which would be enough for the two sides of my double bed that aren't against a wall (I think that would be about £50), though you could buy a second set to cover 2 more sides. I'm not sure what the best way to keep it in place would be and it would be expensive, but it's probably cheaper than an abdl crib and solves the issue of people possibly seeing it and portability.

My second favourite idea is getting a play pen, likely one where you can order any amount of single pieces as you want. Its about 40cm tall, it would be £100+, but it would look cute, it wouldn't be cold like the fence (could be good or bad depending on if you like the idea of temperature play) and you can have some interactive pieces. There's the same issue of finding a way to keep it in place as well.

My least favourite, but most affordable idea is Eva foam mats interlinked around the bed. It would take quite a few to get a decent hight, it won't be very sturdy and unless you cut them there arnt any bars. But, to go around all sides of my bed with a hight of 20cm (past my mattress, it would take 2 lines of them) would cost about £30. Since they would be going around my whole bed, pinning some in-between my bed and the wall should help keep the ones around the outside sides up, but if that doesn't work, or if your bed isn't against a wall lining the outside of your bed, underneath the mattress and then linking the others to those at a 90° angle should work, though you'll need double the amount. it's a great starting point for anyone who wants to dip their toes into abdl furniture in a cheap and inconspicuous way. Plus if you get one with clean edges you could leave some up as a makeshift headboard.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...