LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Want To Go Thicker........advice Needed

aussie_baby

Ive been wearing for just over 2 years now and have tried a variety of different diapers, i just want to know which holds the most. The diapers i have tried are:

Molicare Super

Molicare Super Plus

ID Slip

Vlesi Slip

Depends Normal

Tyco-Lille

and just recently Abena Abriform X-Plus.

So far the Molicare Super Plus and Abena X-Plus have been the most absorbent, but I'm wondering is there anything out there thicker, I have heard Bambino are good but I cant get my hands on them in Australia.

I was in my Abena for about 14 hours straight before it leaked but i thought it would hold more.....am i asking for too much, I had about 4 good wettings in it.

Which leads to my next question about doubling up......Someone over the net once told me to punch a few holes in the first diaper with a pen then put the 2nd one on. What I found was after the first nappy was full, not much would go into the 2nd and i always ended having leaks down through my legs. When I took my nappys off the outer diaper was hardly used at all.

I want to know is there a better method for doubling up???

Like all diaper wears I just love the thickness between my legs and want to remain diapered for as long as I can. Any advice will be great. Thanks peeps. Oh forgot to mention I just wont go cloth..........lol

What I find what works best for doubling up is not just punching holes but cutting pretty large slits in the first diaper. I usually do 3 slices wide, front to back, as long as u put the 2nd diaper on right after nothing will fall out.

The X-plus is definitely the best thickest diaper I've found, other than doubling with another diaper try using a smaller one like a baby diaper or pull-up...since it fits between the guards even if it gets full and leaks it'll just leak into the x-plus.

If all else fails, u need some plastic pants!!

HuggieBaby

What I find what works best for doubling up is not just punching holes but cutting pretty large slits in the first diaper. I usually do 3 slices wide, front to back, as long as u put the 2nd diaper on right after nothing will fall out.

The X-plus is definitely the best thickest diaper I've found, other than doubling with another diaper try using a smaller one like a baby diaper or pull-up...since it fits between the guards even if it gets full and leaks it'll just leak into the x-plus.

If all else fails, u need some plastic pants!!

HuggieBaby

3 slices??? 3 Horizontal slices or slices right through the diaper from front to back (is this what you mean), wouldn't all the stuffing come out???

By the way I always wear plastic pants!!!! I still get leaks through the legs...ARGHHHH!!!!

To slice or not to slice, the age old question. The problem or solution is pretty simple. Depending on the diaper of choice they are either all gel, all pulp, or a combination of the two. Molicares and X-pluses do have both. The problem with just putting holes is that the gel is there to trap the moisture, while the pulp is there to wick it away and distribute the wetness through the diaper to the available gel. If the pulp isn't coming into contact with the outer diaper your just defeating the purpose.

So you need to poke holes that have pulled some of the inner padding out..try to snag the hole a little side ways at a steeper angle and pulling out and away from the diaper. Your object is to make a bunch of little wicks. Once you find the proper technique it just takes a few seconds to do it that way. OF course you can go with the slit method, but you have to be real careful when you take the diaper off or your going to have pee soaked gel beads all over your floor...not a fun clean up to be sure. :P;)

Guest LOSTinDiapers

When I have wanted to be diapered really thick, I use two different sizes, my usual size and one bigger. I usually do two stuffers where I take a diaper and cut the backing and put it on. Then I do that again. Then I put one size larger diaper over it so the leg gathers wrap around the two stuffer diapers. It is a little bit of a waste to do it all the time, but it is fun to do with X-pluses.

The bambinos are definately not as thick as an abena x-plus, but the tapes are 10x better and they are a different 'cut' which seems to fit me alot better...

Anyways, your best bet is to just double up what you can get. Better yet would be what was mentioned in another thread, use a cloth soaker inside a disposable. Then you get the bulk without the tremendous cost of wearing 2 or 3 diapers at once!

The best way I have found to go thicker is to add stuffers, I use cloth stuffers made from microfiber, I can add as many as I want and make the diaper more effective.

And the beauty part is you wash out the stuffers and use them again, I did this everyday this past summer, if you take these cloths and roll them from the outer edges in makeing a canal in the center, you can actully flood your diaper when you feel the need.

That is the way I enjoy wetting the most just waiting untill I can't stand it anylonger and let it go, then I just wet normaly untill the diaper begins to leak somewhere around late afternoon and then change and do it again.

I double up using Moliform Super pads (they are as thick as a Molicare Super Plus, but don't have the wings and are cheaper). I use a small swiss army knife, open up the scissors and use the points of the scissors to poke a whole ton of holes in the backing of the pad. I do this in 5 rows all the way from the front to the back.

First, open up the pad and rough it up so its not all compacted. Then lay it on the bed and pin down one end with your right foot, and hold the other end with your left hand. Then with the scissors in your right hand (assume you are right handed) poke a series of holes along the diaper. If you hold the scissors right, you will get 2 holes per poke.

Then I put this inside my diaper with the wider part towards the front of the diaper (Normally that would be at the back if you were only wearing just the pad). I then make a "pocket" with the wider part of the pads so that urine must flow through the pad to get out. This has worked great for me for years, and makes for a really nice thick and thirty diaper.

There is actuall a video of me putting a diaper together like this on my website in the free members area. It was uploaded 3/16/04 and is called "Diaper Change Video".

To slice or not to slice, the age old question. The problem or solution is pretty simple. Depending on the diaper of choice they are either all gel, all pulp, or a combination of the two. Molicares and X-pluses do have both. The problem with just putting holes is that the gel is there to trap the moisture, while the pulp is there to wick it away and distribute the wetness through the diaper to the available gel. If the pulp isn't coming into contact with the outer diaper your just defeating the purpose.

So you need to poke holes that have pulled some of the inner padding out..try to snag the hole a little side ways at a steeper angle and pulling out and away from the diaper. Your object is to make a bunch of little wicks. Once you find the proper technique it just takes a few seconds to do it that way. OF course you can go with the slit method, but you have to be real careful when you take the diaper off or your going to have pee soaked gel beads all over your floor...not a fun clean up to be sure. :P;)

pretty much sums it up.

• 3 weeks later...

not to intentionally bump a month old thread but i have a question.. Since we are on the topic of thick diapers i wear abena xpluses.. with my last order from xp i got a sample of the abrisans boster pads.. witht he plastic backing do you still have to poke holes like you would with a regular stuffer??

If I read your post correctly...Boosters shouldn't need any additional alterations. They shouldn't have a plastic backing and as such should just be a place and forget kinda thing. If they do have a plastic backing then yes, but a store bought "Booster" shouldn't have to have any thing else done. Stick one in and find out!! ;)

Guest dl_aslee

What I have found best for doubling up is to make 3 long cuts lengthwise. Leave a small portion in the middle so that the diaper doesn't totally fall apart though. Like in the picture attached. Just be careful when taking it off otherwise you will have diaper gel/pulp everywhere.

post-21893-1230294854_thumb.jpg

And you are definitely expecting to much, xplus is pretty much the undisputed champion of capacity and pretty much is expected that they can last 10-12 hours. I have not tried bambino but from what I have read they are about the same thickness as the xplus and a tad less capacity. So boosters/doubling up is pretty much the only way to get a thicker more absorbent diaper from disposables. Cloth of course you can stack as thick as you want and they will be very thick and have a lot of capacity that also wicks better then any disposable at least from what I have read as they would be to hard for me to hide living at home. Also they are expensive in the short run, even if disposables cost more over a long period I can more easily spread it over my income.

post-21893-1230294854_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well have i havent been here for a while, but thanks for all your posts.

i have been doubling up lately and im enjoying it.

As i type this i can tell you ive gone a little crazy and tripled up my nappies. I have a pair of abri-form medium x-plus, then i have a molicare super, and then another abriform medium x-plus on right now.

what i do is wear a nappy until its 3/4 full then i add another. I make holes and slice the first wet diaper ofcourse. Ive been wearing my 1st x-plus now for almost 24 hours.

ill post pics too with my plastic pants on over them. i cannot believe how good it feels to be this PADDED up!! I think i still got a bit of wetting to go because the outer abri-form shows hardly any signs of wetting.

anyways thanks again all im gonna waddle off now to take some pics.