LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Community Starting?

Guest Saya

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you think another forum is needed. I'm for sure a mod on this site that was just appointed as such. I have scanned every other site that is available to us on the web.. I guess I have just one question. I have been a AB for longer than the net was available (early 80's) There was originally only one major site (not naming names ...DPF) before us... Then they had to close..Daily Diapers is still where we all come. Okay I'm not partial..Just to make that clear.. But nobody on the web has a site as busy as this.. Every other board has the same, if any members that are here. Nobody has the thread count that this board has..and every post is something that has been here, and just repeated somewhere else. What I mean is Websites are good, but a forum (threads) you can't touch this one!

I guess what I'm getting at is what is it that you think you can offer to our community that nobody else does, and as such why not offer this site the same ideas and let us grow bigger. As we already are here. I'm certainly not against everybody doing their own thing and websites are a dime a dozen. You want to do your own Thing, that's fine I'd probably join. But ...Just cause I'm a mod for this site doesn't mean I'm not up for something new..It's just that I haven't seen anything better than here for a couple of years. I enjoy diversity and don't want to sound like I'm sticking just here..but I haven't found anything elsewhere yet that I couldn't get here...so what ya got up your sleeve??

I'm not sure why you think another forum is needed. I'm for sure a mod on this site that was just appointed as such. I have scanned every other site that is available to us on the web.. I guess I have just one question. I have been a AB for longer than the net was available (early 80's) There was originally only one major site (not naming names ...DPF) before us... Then they had to close..Daily Diapers is still where we all come. Okay I'm not partial..Just to make that clear.. But nobody on the web has a site as busy as this.. Every other board has the same, if any members that are here. Nobody has the thread count that this board has..and every post is something that has been here, and just repeated somewhere else. What I mean is Websites are good, but a forum (threads) you can't touch this one!

I guess what I'm getting at is what is it that you think you can offer to our community that nobody else does, and as such why not offer this site the same ideas and let us grow bigger. As we already are here. I'm certainly not against everybody doing their own thing and websites are a dime a dozen. You want to do your own Thing, that's fine I'd probably join. But ...Just cause I'm a mod for this site doesn't mean I'm not up for something new..It's just that I haven't seen anything better than here for a couple of years. I enjoy diversity and don't want to sound like I'm sticking just here..but I haven't found anything elsewhere yet that I couldn't get here...so what ya got up your sleeve??

I agree. Everyone seems to be making forums nowadays and usually with the same content one way or another.

I only use this forum as my main forum and also use the forum which is advertised on dd tube on dailydiapers.

Saya maybe if you want to work on a forum then why not apply at dd tube forum as in the job section they are looking for assisdent managers to keep keep things afloat.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to ask a simple question: What kind of forum are you looking to create, saya?

Everybody here is assuming you are looking to create a forum for an AB/DL type community, but this is not necessarily the case.

I run a few e-mail lists for people with a specific medical condition, and those are communities too. Maybe not web communities, but communities nonetheless. Building a community can take time, and I'll be first to confess I had absolutely no idea how many people my communities would attract. It has far exceeded my wildest imaginations. If you'd like some feedback on the nature of building communities in general, and some ideas on managing those communities once they have been built, I can offer you some thoughts and advice. Feel free to send me a private message if you don't wish to discuss the specifics of your community out in the open.

They're all right about this :huh: To succeed against the already popular sites you have to offer cheaper-better-faster-more-newer, then keep updating everything you can constantly. There's nothing I can think of that doesn't have it's own board in cyberspace already and people tend to stay put where they are already comfy. Good luck if you try it, we'll be here to welcome you when you decide to come back home ;)

Bettypooh

sorry Saya (hehe first time I have called you that hehe) you seem to be taking a bit of a bashing over this idea, and I have to say I agree. I mean I will support you if you do go for it but I can't see much point in it. A lot of work for not a lot of gain, after all this is all about the communty and getting to hear from and talk to people so the most sucseful forum is going to be the one with the most active people and people are already hear and the conversation are up and running.