LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash

babytommy1981

how does everyone deal with diaper rash, I been earing 24/7 and started to get a rash in my inner thigh area. it looks like little red sores, my GF's friend that works at a nursing home looked at it and said it looks like diaper rash, but its not like normal rash it little spots, could this be some kind of other problem, wounder if anyone else had this. as i wont be able to get to the doctor till next week.

sounds like it could also be heat rash. i use gold bond but i have had others tell me that stings them. i like it, it works really well for me. i also love the burts bees diaper rash ointment. another old cure from my grandma, if it is heat rash, is a baking soda bath. Just add a few tablespoons of baking soda to your normal bath water and stir it to dissolve completely. hope this helps some!!

I had a diaper rash that started in the thigh's and spread to the point it was unbearable. Used all the different diaper rash creams I could find and nothing helped. Try an ointment with Clotrimazole. It gave almost instant relief but did take a few weeks to clear up( I did deal with it for almost a painful month before I figured out what it was) The Walgreens around me carries it in the area where they have the stuff for the feet. Lesson learned the hard way. Don't wait till a rash starts to use Desitin. I use it always and have not had a diaper rash in 2 years. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

how does everyone deal with diaper rash, I been earing 24/7 and started to get a rash in my inner thigh area. it looks like little red sores, my GF's friend that works at a nursing home looked at it and said it looks like diaper rash, but its not like normal rash it little spots, could this be some kind of other problem, wounder if anyone else had this. as i wont be able to get to the doctor till next week.

Yeast infection. Give it some "air" time. 24/7 doesn't necessarily have to mean 24/7. Most infants enjoy their time free of diapers. I suggest you do the same. You may have an occasional piddle or poop incident on the floor, but what baby doesn't? If you want to be truly diapered 24/7, get used to rashes. They are going to happen.

Keeping the diaper area free of hair also helps. As well as regular diaper changes. As far as ointment...Vaseline. It wreaks hell on plastic/rubber panties, but also does a hell of a job on keeping your skin healthy. Why is that? Don't know...It just does.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Is the rash outside the diaper area? If so - it may be caused by the diaper chafing your inner thighs and breaking hairs on your legs with resulting plugged follicles/folliculitis. Changing more often, decreasing the bulk and keeping the area dry will likely take care of it. If it is inside the diaper area, then likely it is something else such as the yeast rash mentioned earlier.

Lotrimin AF is great stuff. Try it. Any pharmacy should have it.

If you want most any rash cured quickly, a stalk of the Aloe Vera plant is the cheapest and easiest way to get it gone. Just snap off the stalk and squeeze out the juice from inside, that juice is a medicinal salve which is especially well known for curing burns and rashes. Also good for asthma if you boil the stalk and breathe the steam. ^_-