LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Heaven Of Horror!

Ok, despite a vague recollection of a horror-thread ages ago, I decided to start a new one, first and foremost since it is a topic very close to my heart, and secondly, the chances are quite slim that anyone actually will look through the last pages of this forum, stumble upon the old thread, and come up with a fresh answer. If you are an absolute horror-fanatic like yours truly, if you are in the mid-range when it comes to being fascinated by this stuff, or if you are just the casual viewer, bring on the replies!!!

Again, I absolutely love horror films, and I have been watching them since the ripe age of nine. But sadly, it seems to me that the golden era of bizarre and eerie filmmaking has completely disappeared in this day and age. Sure, there are the odd and brilliant exception( "Session 9" and "30 Days Of Night", to mention two of them), but mostly you have Follywood spewing out brainless teen-age fodder, and in the all important name of sellability, recycling the same, retarded story of "four teens are going to a secluded cabin and meeting a knife-wielding madman", or cashing in on the latest, sickening, non-creative trend of the remake.

And who is starring in these roles? All of them, character-wise, as interesting as cardboard, and visually they look like plastic, pin-up models. Yaaawn!! It`s a tired and old clichee, but they simply don`t make them like they used to! In my humble opinion, the most important element in any horror film is a pervasive and creepy atmosphere, atmosphere that almost threaten to swallow you whole, nearly seeping through the celluloid.

It is not the massive special effects, it is not the vomit-inducing plastic faces adorning nearly every cover, it is not the cheap "boos" from the closet, the creaking door, or the thunder and lightning. And last but not least, it certainly isn`t the happy ending. Horror should leave you with an immensely uncomfortable feeling, horror should be about pure, surreal and chaotic dread and disgust. And any filmmaker forgetting this absolutely essential fact, would be better off making a comedy or a romantic drama etc.

Anyway, enough with the ranting, on to my favorite horror films, in no particular order: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre( the original of course, not the absolutely worthless remake), Hellraiser 1 and 2, Nekromantik 1 and 2, The Curse, Desecration, Horror, Rosemary`s Baby, The Omen 1-3, The Exorcist, 1 and 3, Session 9, Beyond the Darkness, Aftermath, Texas Chainsaw Massacre( The Beginning), The Woman In Black( probably the creepiest ghost film in my opinion!!), Subconscious Cruelty, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With me, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, Society, Cannibal Holocaust, Lord of Illusions, The Tenant, Flowers of Flesh and Blood, Changeling, Ringu, Dead Ringers, Amityville 2: The Possession, 30 Days Of Night, Funny Games, Near Dark, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

So then, what films creep you out the most? :beer:

When I got out of prison,I went to live with my parents again till I could get off parole and leave Wisconsin. They live in a nearly deserted neighborhood about 8 miles from town. They have a 3 story house. I watched fear.com alone and in the dark. This movie actually frightened me to the point where when I went downstairs to have a cigarette in the backyard,I took a huge butcherknife with me. I had just gotten out of prison for 4 years,saw many gruesome fights and a couple near riots but was scared by what is considered by most a laughable movie.

i do like rosemary's baby, its not necessarily scary but i did laugh at the old lady screaming "hail satan"

i never been scared by a movie, even as a kid, because i knew all it was is light and sound. however i have jumped at the "boo! from the closet" when i didnt see them coming.

its still an enjoyable genera in film and something snoop dog should stay away from. bones was a terrible movie.

When I was younger, and a novice concerning horror-films, I used frequently to get creeped out. Nowadays? I have become jaded, and I actually miss that feeling of terror. Aaah, the nostalgia!! :P Well, well, what can one do? I guess I enjoy them on another level now. The pure enjoyment of the twisted and dark, without the fear.

PampersPete; wow, you have gone through all of that stuff, but the thing that scared you more was that film?!! Never underestimate the power of celluloid, I guess!! ;) I haven`t seen it, so exactly what was it that made you get ready for butchering, so to speak?

When I was younger, and a novice concerning horror-films, I used frequently to get creeped out. Nowadays? I have become jaded, and I actually miss that feeling of terror. Aaah, the nostalgia!! :P Well, well, what can one do? I guess I enjoy them on another level now. The pure enjoyment of the twisted and dark, without the fear.

PampersPete; wow, you have gone through all of that stuff, but the thing that scared you more was that film?!! Never underestimate the power of celluloid, I guess!! ;) I haven`t seen it, so exactly what was it that made you get ready for butchering, so to speak?

To be honest,I don't remember. I watched it 5 years ago. I think it was the fact that after being around hundreds of human beings for 4 years,the fact that I was once again alone,heightened my sense of spookiness.