LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incotence, Or Overactive Bladder?

I am a women in my 30's. I wet the bed on a regular basis till I was like 12-13. I have never really had a problem since then, until like the last year, but never talk about it to anybody about it cause it's embarrassing. I don't have any problem sleeping through the night, but pretty much all day long I constantly feel like I have to go. I rush to the bathroom(for fear of having an accident)then hardly even go, but often if I wait I wind up waiting I wind up with at least spotting by the time I go. The worst thing is I've been trying to drink a lot less thinking that would slow down the problem, but then I still feel the same. Even worse, then I have so little water in my body that my urine starts smelling and looking horrible/foul like I'm not getting enough water. I get afraid to even go/be anywhere for fear that I'm going to have an accident, and it's stupid, I have so little urine in my body when I pee.

I went for an ultrasound last year for a problem I was having with my ovaries, and I couldn't even sit through the exam. They said it looks like your bladders really full, so go a little bit then come back and we should still be able to finish the exam. I went and it seemed I went forever, till it felt like I couldn't go any more. I went back in the room and said 'I think I went too much, I think we may need to reschedule'. The lady checks my bladder and she's like 'It looks completely full'. So then I'm like is my bladder just extremely small that I can't drink as much as the average person, or is there something wrong with my bladder or kidneys? There's been times when I got to the end of my street, and had to go in the woods(only during the night, daytime I'm screwed)or go in the woods when I'm in the park/hiking or made it into my house gotten all the way in the bathroom, only to start going(down my legs and everything)before I even get the toilet open. It's like I can't control/stop it once it starts.

idk but as much as I hate the though of diapers, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I should wear them, and save myself some embarrassment in public, and having wet clothes to walk around in. I know I defiantly don't the way it feels now any more then when I was a kid. I didn't just wet the bed, I did both, so I guess I'm doing a little better now that I've grown. All I know is I don't like it, and I need to do something.

:(

Edited by ziva

said 'I think I went too much, I think we may need to reschedule'. The lady checks my bladder and she's like 'It looks completely full'. So then I'm like is my bladder just extremely small that I can't drink as much as the average person, or is there something wrong with my bladder or kidneys?

idk but as much as I hate the though of diapers, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I should wear them, and save myself some embarrassment in public, and having wet clothes to walk around in.

There is something wrong. It sounds like some issue with your bladder; inadequate emptying or a neuromuscular problem or something. This could lead to kidney problems.

You need to see a doctor about this. I would not feel comfortable until you had been at least seen by a urologist, perhaps a nephrologist. This could be serious if you don't deal with it. Incontinence is a pain, but letting a problem lead to kidney disease is a nightmare.

Yeah, you can use incontinent products, but that's just treating a symptom. You have got to get this worked up, I'm serious.

There are few decent online resources anymore, as they have all been ruined by diaper-fetish users. I think the really bad users are in the minority, but they are very active (probably due to lack of a decent job or a girlfriend (they are basically all biologically male) I imagine you'll get a dozen posts here about how fortunate you are to be having serious health problems. Ignore them. I've given up on all online resources except for one hidden one I will not mention here.

Please, get this looked at. I may not be back here to check with you.

Yeah, you can use incontinent products, but that's just treating a symptom.

I should add that I don't mean to minimize that symptom, but given the symptoms as you have presented them, incontinence sounds like the end result of a more serious problem that can probably be easily treated. If left untreated, it could lead to far more significant damage.

There is something wrong. It sounds like some issue with your bladder; inadequate emptying or a neuromuscular problem or something. This could lead to kidney problems.

You need to see a doctor about this. I would not feel comfortable until you had been at least seen by a urologist, perhaps a nephrologist. This could be serious if you don't deal with it. Incontinence is a pain, but letting a problem lead to kidney disease is a nightmare.

Yeah, you can use incontinent products, but that's just treating a symptom. You have got to get this worked up, I'm serious.

There are few decent online resources anymore, as they have all been ruined by diaper-fetish users. I think the really bad users are in the minority, but they are very active (probably due to lack of a decent job or a girlfriend (they are basically all biologically male) I imagine you'll get a dozen posts here about how fortunate you are to be having serious health problems. Ignore them. I've given up on all online resources except for one hidden one I will not mention here.

Please, get this looked at. I may not be back here to check with you.

Thanks. Yeah, I probably should soon. I've had pain in my side and back the last week or so too...very possibly stones. I've had those before. Definitely not fun. They even had to keep me in the hospital for it cause I couldn't pass them on my own at home, and kept getting dehydrated, which meant an iv which was a nightmare in and of itself since they had to stick me 5 times before it finally took. I'll call the dr. tomorrow and have something set up. My md will probably have to write a referral for a urologist though. idk why my mom never had it looked at(lack of caring I guess, or just figured I'd grow out of it)but It's happened as long as I can remember, just sometimes in my life have been worse than others.

I wanted to throw my two cents worth in here as a fellow person who has OAB.

I agree with everyone when they say go see the doctor. Most people with OAB are treatable and there is no reason for you to suffer. There are a few exceptions to every rule, and I offer myself as proof of that. I have the rare combination of medical problems that doesn't allow me to take the drugs they use to treat my OAB.

Until you get to the doctor, you do need to drink plenty of fluids. As strange as it sounds, more fluids will actually help. For a lot of people, it's not a matter of having a small bladder as much as not being able to release everything in your bladder when you do urinate. If you don't get enough fluids, it becomes even harder for your bladder to release because the urine becomes more dense, thus the bad odor.

As for diapers, because of my personal medical problems, they are now a necessity in my life. I therefore chose to live an AB lifestyle to help me mentally deal with having to wear them 24/7. When these problems began about 7 years ago or so, I didn't even know what an AB or DL was. It took several years to come to terms with everything.

This may not be the lifestyle for you, as it is not for a lot of people who have bladder problems. Only you can judge for yourself on that. However, please note, no matter whether you choose to wear diapers for this or not, or connect with other on this board or not, there are other people in this world who are going through the same things you are and you are not alone.

That being said, I go back to the beginning and say that medical help will probably fix you up.

:littleangel:

Thanks everyone. While I hadn't intended on coming back on this site except as a guess, I appreciate all your help, and your helpful comment so I wanted to let you know that, and give you an update.

I saw my regular md Thursday. He's giving me an antibiotic(that I've never heard of)in case there's an infection, and gave me an order for an ultrasound of the kidneys(in the case of stones because some of the symptoms are similar to that-I've had them before)and a card for the uroligist, to have the bladder checked.

When I know more/go for the tests I will update this, but won't be on for anything besides that.

Thank you to all the people who said diapers aren't the answer. Yeah guess they would have been more like a band-aid. I'm glad to be finally looking into this, it's something I've wondered about a long time, and since I don't speak to my mom, and she won't give me my medical records it will definitely help ease my mind getting it looked at.

My dr said he thinks it's most likely my bladder never emptys fully when I go, so we'll see. idk what they'd do to fix it in that case, probably give me more medication. I hate medication, but if it helps/what I have to do so be it.

Thanks everyone. While I hadn't intended on coming back on this site except as a guess, I appreciate all your help, and your helpful comment so I wanted to let you know that, and give you an update.

I saw my regular md Thursday. He's giving me an antibiotic(that I've never heard of)in case there's an infection, and gave me an order for an ultrasound of the kidneys(in the case of stones because some of the symptoms are similar to that-I've had them before)and a card for the uroligist, to have the bladder checked.

When I know more/go for the tests I will update this, but won't be on for anything besides that.

Thank you to all the people who said diapers aren't the answer. Yeah guess they would have been more like a band-aid. I'm glad to be finally looking into this, it's something I've wondered about a long time, and since I don't speak to my mom, and she won't give me my medical records it will definitely help ease my mind getting it looked at.

My dr said he thinks it's most likely my bladder never emptys fully when I go, so we'll see. idk what they'd do to fix it in that case, probably give me more medication. I hate medication, but if it helps/what I have to do so be it.

Anyhow I'll update this once I get through with the tests, and get some answers.

Anyhow I'll update this once I get through with the tests, and get some answers.

(I posted this yesterday, but wanted to make it a seperate post, so have cut and pasted it here)

CORRECTION- it's apparently a CAT scan they want me to get, and I got an appointment a day after I made the call(which was today, so it's for tomorrow), and at the hospital to boot. Then I called the dr. to tell them they wanted records from when they had sent me to get an ultrasound of the same area last November(for menstrual problems which turned out to be a cyst in my tube)they said do they just want the report they send the dr or the actual films, because if it was the films I'd have to actually go where they did the test and get it myself. I called the hospital back and they said they said needed the films so they could compare the two tests. I started to tell them that I'd have to cancel in the case(when I had only made the appt. less than 30 min. before that)but something kept telling me 'I think you had the other test done in their branch'. SO I suggested the branch that I thought it was done at, and sure enough they still had a record of it, and said they could just pull it up on the computer without me getting the files. God is SO good...everything is going so smoothly I'm starting to wonder what's going on, like I'm in somebody else's life. I got into the d rs for the referral within a day, and now this. I can only imagine how the urologist is going to go. btw those antibiotics are working great(besides the side effects)I don't seem to be having that much of a problem, so maybe there was some infection. idk I hadn't asked the d rs what the urine test results were I was just in a hurry to call the hospital back to see what I had to do.

I agree with the part about drinking enough. I've been trying to stick to that up till yesterday, and when I woke up this morning I wasn't rushing to go, but the urine looked like it did before I started the antibiotics-really dark like beer color, and even brown looking, so good thing I'm getting this CAT scan today.

Rightly said duck. btw I did not mean to imply that diapers are bad, just that I agree with the other posters that I should have it looked at, and not use diapers, or other protective devices as a band aid. The CAT scan was not at all what I expected. I had had MRI done before and I was thinking it was going to be that. I was thankful that I wasn't going to be all enclosed, but not too thankful that I had to get an IV for them to administer the 'contrasting' element. Fortunately I told them ahead of time that I had trouble with IVs, so they used the smallest one they had. Thank God. Hopefully it won't be too sore/bruised like when they stick me like 5 times before it takes.

The drs office called to tell me the results of the urine test too and apparently there wasn't any bacteria found, but some form of strep. The nurse told me that normally the dr. doesn't treat that unless you're pregnant, so I could stop the antibiotics. I said well I finished them this morning anyhow.

So next step is seeing the urologist and get the bladder tested. I'm a little worried about what they use/do to fill it up, so I think I'm going to look up the info on it before I even make the appt.(not that I wouldn't go if it was bad)the only trouble is I don't know exactly what the dr wants done for that cause all the dr. did was give me business card for the place, and NO order.

I agree with the part about drinking enough. I've been trying to stick to that up till yesterday, and when I woke up this morning I wasn't rushing to go, but the urine looked like it did before I started the antibiotics-really dark like beer color, and even brown looking, so good thing I'm getting this CAT scan today.

I've forgotten what makes your pee really dark, but that's information the Dr needs.

Dill Pickle

Well, I've got an appointment with the urologist for next month, but when the receptionist told me what the test my dr. had suggested involved(would have to be scheduled after initial visit)I am definitely not thrilled at all. Apparently the put a catheter in you to fill up the bladder for the test.

That sounds extremely painful, but since they haven't gotten any(abnormal)results from the other tests I guess I have no choice but to go through with it.

• 2 months later...

The doc is treating it as OAB and gave me meds for it, but they made me sick, and I was feeling better already so I'm not taking them for now. If the problem comes back then I will ask him to put me on some other kind of medication but they were making me weak and shaky. Thanks everyone for you help. I will not be on this website, but just wanted to give an update.

Guest dodgedart

The doc is treating it as OAB and gave me meds for it, but they made me sick, and I was feeling better already so I'm not taking them for now. If the problem comes back then I will ask him to put me on some other kind of medication but they were making me weak and shaky. Thanks everyone for you help. I will not be on this website, but just wanted to give an update.

You sound like I am. They said since i have the gotta go gotta go fealing and go but later wet. And if i don't go i wet. thay i have urge and OAB

I was put on Vesicare but i was dizzy and sick fealing plus i could not #2.

They tried one more drug and it was the same.

So now i just Diaper 100% and use the bathroom as offeten as possible to limit the amount of dipers i use.

• 3 weeks later...

They did the thing with the catheter about 1 1/2 weeks ago, as well as a urine test. Everything looked fine on the catheter test, idk about the urine test. They haven't said anything so I guess it's okay although they may not have gotten the results back yet. If it was anything like stones they should be able to detect the crystals if there are any the Dr. said. I told him I stopped taking the medication, and felt/doing better. He said that's fine, if I'm feeling/doing better then there's no reason to take it. I have no explanation why it happened except it just seems like when I drink soda or alcohol it's worse so I'm just trying not to have too much of that. It helps.

OAB is one of many forms of bladder incontinence.

Loss of bladder control can be caused by hundreds of conditions, so obviously no one treatment will help all cases. This is why the training after graduation from medical schol to be board certified as a urologist takes so many years.

None of the medications helped me, yet I remain hopeful eventually a treatment will be found that will restore my bladder control without dangerous side effects.

Back in 1976 when I reverted to bedwetting there were no women in practice as urologists. Urology was considered to only deal with men. Even pediatricians had a limited understanding of treating incontinence.

These days a lot of women are qualified as urologists and others have training in both gynecology and urology. Still other physicians specialize in juvenile and adolescent medicine, with training in urology and incontinence control.

Please remember there is almost always some medical reason for wetting. The reason is often a symptom of a serious illness, so it is important to go see your doctor and be honest about the wetting.