LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's It Like Being An Ab With Kids?

It's a lot like being an AB without kids, but living with a housemate.

Except that this housemate is unusually nosy, and might poke through your possessions without warning or barge into your bedroom in the middle of the night, so you have to be a little bit cautious, lock the bedroom door when doing something you don't want seen, and keep any secret stuff out of reach.

The good news is the housemate isn't particularly observant or suspicious, is easy to divert, and goes to sleep at 8:30 PM.

Its ok at the moment as shes only one. But as she gets older and more aware I wont be able to check these sort of websites unless I get laptop of my own. And you can't really do anything until shes gone to bed. Unless you're really open with your kids, although I will not be sharing this with my daughter. So yes for me it would be strange. Its not like doing it all day like some lucky people. :)

I only got into this since my kids were older anyway. Now they are 21 and 18...at home for the summer and it takes away a few more opportunities to wear...I am 'in the closet' with my diapers so they are just 2 more I have to hide it all from.

I have granddaughters who we watched for a week...sure, I got to change the little one, but it just is totally different. I love them to pieces and would alway keep them totally separate from my own diaper desires.

I would hope you don't get any responses from people saying, 'oh yes, I plan on not training my little ones...I'm an ab (dl) and plan on making my kids the same way...' UGH!!!! NO!!! NOT RIGHT at all!!! (IMHO)

I only got into this since my kids were older anyway. Now they are 21 and 18...at home for the summer and it takes away a few more opportunities to wear...I am 'in the closet' with my diapers so they are just 2 more I have to hide it all from.

I have granddaughters who we watched for a week...sure, I got to change the little one, but it just is totally different. I love them to pieces and would alway keep them totally separate from my own diaper desires.

I would hope you don't get any responses from people saying, 'oh yes, I plan on not training my little ones...I'm an ab (dl) and plan on making my kids the same way...' UGH!!!! NO!!! NOT RIGHT at all!!! (IMHO)

Oh god no, I hope there is no replies saying that, that is all types of wrong!!

I can't imagine it would be fun. And if DSS found out. I bet they'd try to take your kids away. I'm not sure, every kid is different, just like roommates some can handle this fetish, others dispise it. I bet you have to hind everything a lot more. People would think this is a bad thing mixing kids and this fetish, and we all know we don't want anything to with it. But there is always some bad apples who messes up things.

Guest Mandi Danielle

If people are going to try to force their fetish upon their children, then they don't deserve to have them in the first place.

I can understand some horny little 13yr old boy who just realized what an AB is saying something along the lines of "I'm gunna tell my kidz so they kno it's aiight!" However, a grown man/woman who know better saying something like that is purely sick and wrong, and I hope a pterodactyl gouges their eyes out.

With that said - I don't have children, however I do have a 20month old little sister, and I take care of her quite a bit. We are just potty training her now, and I can say when taking care of her nothing ab/dl related has ever crossed my mind.

I can say when taking care of her nothing ab/dl related has ever crossed my mind.

Yes, I had the same experience taking care of my son--parenting lives in a whole different part of my brain from AB stuff.

(I did sometimes fold his laundry and think, "hey, this is cute, I'd like one of these." But that's as much crossover as there ever was.)

Exactly the same as not being an AB with kids. Kids get into everything, and you have to grow eyes in the back of your head. Becoming a parent is difficult cause you are now completly responsible for another item that moves from where you put it, has a curiosity that can't be quenched, and has little fingers that get in everything that you own (unless it is high enough)... but you love them for all of that and more.

The only thing that you loose is your privacy, but you already gave that up by living with your wife.

well think about this i was in the foster care system when i was growing up and now living with some friends of my family ive always have been lucky though while ive only been even remotely caught wearing once the thing of it is that the people around me that were open to me wearing they actually just thought of it like they would if say i was wearing a female member of the family's panties when no one is home and they come in ...actually the time i got caught i was all nervous and when they asked why i was wearing they just asked me if it made me feel good and i said yes but thats coming later on in another post im working on but the thing is though when i was in foster care i had a legitimate reason to wear diapers cause i was wetting the bed alot then and boy i mean we had some mean kids come through the system hell we had this one guy that actually laughed every time it was bed time since i had help changing me by one of the foster sisters there i mean if you think about this if you and your kid ended up having this same kinda fetish and some of there friends found out they would think you and them are the weirdest people they have met and just like in my situation with my bedwetting kids can be mean and they can be mean to you and your kid if you discover they have this kinda fetish later on just be warned that not every one will accept you i was actually reading something earlier about this on some other site and didn't have time to post it ........but to keep it simple like im trying to say man is just keep this lifestyle hidden from them and if they ask you why you wear if the discover them some how when they are older just tell them "Mommy or Daddy Has a Bedwetting problem like you did when you were a kid" and keep it at that

I have never had the responsibility of caring for or raising children as a parent. I have had friends with children and been a part of childcare in that context. I don't know if being DL as opposed to AB makes any difference but babies in diapers to me are as seperate as any adult taking care of an opposite gender child. Maybe its primal, but caring for ones young completely occuludes sexual issues. Before I was exposed to babies I had a fear of how I would react but once it happened the prime mover was nuturing of the child. Of course its really fun, once they get old enough, to tell them that the dog really likes to have its tail pulled. B)

Anondl

I suppose my family is lucky in some ways. My teen stepson is significantly delayed, but at least he was potty trained young. We don't let him see things he shouldn't, but diapers are no different than underwear in his eyes, it doesn't even come up. Oddly enough, he spoke right up when we bought a sippy cup, 'That's for babies!' Funny huh?

I have to say, if we have a child together, I would definitely have trouble forcing the issue of potty training. I'd have to take the position that the kid can use the potty if she wants, but I won't make her. When the time comes that she can learn the necessary skills, she would have the choice to change herself or use the potty, whichever she prefers. I wouldn't want her to be 'like us', but I also couldn't make myself bribe or threaten her into 'normalcy'.

in some ways we can be better in some regards

some parents if the child wets the bed will scold and use diapers as a threat, we will be more likely to use diapers as a solution and not a punishment, diapers for bedwetting are really the most humane solution, but most parents ge so sick of diapers after several years non stop that they belittle children that use diapers, making bedwetting a very traumatic thing when it doesn't need to be

I certainly wouldn't try to encourage them to be dl's or whatever

In another similar thread elsewhere, there were comments that, as parents, its our JOB to 'force' our children to do things they don't want to do. Vegetables, honesty, hygiene, etc., I agree they do need our firm hands to show them the right way to go, and a lot of modern problems are caused by (1)-Parents who give little guidance or none -or- (2)-Parents oversteer and teach their children harsh and violent ways. A wise man once said that a boy needed to be taught "the way for him."

I must say I wouldn't have the heart to hurt my child to teach her to use the toilet, there's too many monsters lurking there. When the time came for us to stop changing her (for whatever reason) I would be absolutely sure to supplement the time spent caring for her in other ways, whether it was bathing or hairbrushing or tucking-in. Too many children lose that attention and never get it back.

I have to say, if we have a child together, I would definitely have trouble forcing the issue of potty training. I'd have to take the position that the kid can use the potty if she wants, but I won't make her. When the time comes that she can learn the necessary skills, she would have the choice to change herself or use the potty, whichever she prefers. I wouldn't want her to be 'like us', but I also couldn't make myself bribe or threaten her into 'normalcy'.

You might want to rethink that a little. I agree that children are going to potty train when they are ready, as in, maybe at 3 instead of 2.. or possibly almost being 4. However, as a parent, it is our duty to teach them and to lead them because we are suppose to know better than they do. A 2 yr old can not decide at 2 whether or not they will want to change themselves at the age of 10. No one said you had to bribe or threaten your child, but giving positive enforcement and encouragement is a big plus. You would be amazed at what kids will do for a little praise. I am a teacher, so I know this first hand. I have worked with every age group from 6 weeks through 13 years old. With that being said, a child reaches a certain age where it is expected that they are potty trained, if they do not have a medical issue. If you chose to send your child to a daycare or a preschool, for sanitation reasons, your child may not be permitted to be in the classroom if they are not potty trained. Again, I stress that is if they DO NOT have a medical issue. I know this is true in North Carolina because it happened at my preschool that I was working at.

I have a 13 yr old stepson who knows that neither myself or his father wears. We only get him every other weekend so it really isn't so bad, but we definitely do not wear when he is around at all. There is no talk about it at all. However, his mom knows that her ex wears. Her son took some interest in diapers, because of his best friend being incontinent, but of course the ex wife blamed us for her son having an interest in diapers. But then again, shes so stupid and would never make the connection between her son's friend and his need for diapers.... duh....

It all changes at 4am when you're on your 4th stinky diaper of the night and the little bundle is fussing like crazy and you haven't slept in 3 days.

I did worry about it before, but now she's three years old and well past it all.

Whole thing, it's kind of like regular sex. Just because I like looking at womens genitals, will I have a problem if I have a little girl? Turns out there's some kind of switch. I understand it works on brothers/sisters too, but I only have brothers so couldn't check.

Don't worry about it. But if you do fancy your sister, might want to leave the children thing to someone else :)