LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taping Systems

I've been buying diapers for over 10 years, but tended towards the cheaper brands until recently. My first encounter with the "double tape/landing zone" system was nearly that long ago when I tried a sample of Tranquility ATN's. I assumed Tranquility was somewhat behind the times. I finally tried some Molicare and Abena's just recently, and was surprised these also use "double tapes". My question is, why is this considered a better system than what you find on Depends, Attends, older Tena, and most store brands? These tapes are only refastenable if you manage to stick the landing zone in basically the right spot on the first try...and maybe not even then. Otherwise I find myself reaching for the duct tape. (Although I've read posts about these tapes sometimes coming off, too.) I realize that after a few changes, you basically know where the tapes will go...but would anyone prefer that Molicare, Abena, etc., switch to the Depends/Attends tapes? Why or why not?

A slightly unrelated remark: I bought my first case of Tena Ultra's roughly a month ago. These have the cloth-like cover and velcro tapes. I had my doubts at first, but the velcro tapes are really nice. They don't come off, and (within the typical 4-7 hour lifespan of one of my diapers) are infinitely refastenable.

Thanks for your comments!

I wear bambino's and they have a single tape system with two tapes per side. I have found that the double tape system doesn't hold as well as the single tape system. I have noticed though that when changing the double system doesn't rip the plastic backing on the diaper. It is like its only little tape landing zone.

~Brian

use cheap diapers and have the same problem with tapes letting go, so I just started useing a peice of duct tape on the lower tapes, they seem to be the only ones that move for me.

I take about a 4 inch peice and place it over the lower tape making sure I get the back and front panel under the tape, just make sure you don't put it too low or it will start sticking to your leg hair, when you sit.

Bandage tape works very well. If it does get on skin it does not irritate and is designed to be strong but is not murder to tear away.