LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bumgenius (bum Genius) I'm Jelous!

I just bought these for the baby and I'm JELOUS! I usually use disposables, but if I had something like this I might switch to cloth! They are a pocket diaper, meaning there is a nice waterproof outer layer and a soft microfiber inner layer that's softer than any disposable i've ever worn. on the inside, in the back there is a pocket that you can put a microfiber washable insert, or a doubler or two OR TEN ;) and you get a nice thick absorbent velcro CUTE diaper. These things look comfortable, I want one.

Anyone know of any adult equivalents? Or are am I once again stuck thinking.. "babies get ALL the good diapers"

bumGenius-3.0-grasshopper-small.jpg

bumgenius-diagram.jpg

bumGenius-insert-slot-400.jpg

I've seen "diaper wraps" before. They look similar, but I believe they're meant to go over a disposable, not act as a diaper all by itself. I'm not sure who makes/sells them right now, but I recall some very nice ones coming from Japan. (Yes, I'm jealous of your baby now, too. :) )

Straying off-topic a little, if a an AB/DL company ever makes a diaper wrap with skulls and guitars all over it (kind of like the printed t-shirts you find at Target and K-mart), count me in!

• 1 month later...

I am actually intregued. I bought cloth diapers, best on the market... and i didn't like it. I mean, they are okay, but they are hard to get on correctly, and i'm really picky about that, and it takes a while to wash and all... very troublesome, for me at least. They are super super comfy when you dont gotta go potty, but i perfer disposables when i wet.

These, though, actually seem like i'd wear them, even though they're cloth. Threy're really cute and they dont seem like a pain in the butt to get on. I'll have to look into the colors. I'd love a pink diaper exactly like that. It'd look adorable under a dress.

**edit** For the first one, I looked online, and it seems like they come in other colors and prints, but it doesn't tell you which ones. If you fill in the credit card info, would it give you the options?

Second one they give you ALOT of options to choose from. I think i might get this kind!

-Sophie

Now only one question remains for me, since i am choosing Snap-EZ over the other brand. Out of the AIO and Pocket ones, which one is better? Is the Pocket one still an AIO but with a pocket? A pocket would be good since i do have prefold... but i dont know. If i do get the pocket ones, high or low cut? I have prefold diapers as stuffers, but should i get the stuff they sell too? Opinions?

-Sophie

Now only one question remains for me, since i am choosing Snap-EZ over the other brand. Out of the AIO and Pocket ones, which one is better? Is the Pocket one still an AIO but with a pocket? A pocket would be good since i do have prefold... but i dont know. If i do get the pocket ones, high or low cut? I have prefold diapers as stuffers, but should i get the stuff they sell too? Opinions?

-Sophie

I just checked the site. It seems as the pocket diaper is cheaper, thus I am assuming that it doesn't have the layers of the AIO, thus the Pocket?. I'm going to give one a go. I think I'm going to do the dalmatian print. That way I can get a 101 dalmatians shirt and have a diaper set. Boy am I glad I wear the smallest size those baby's are expensive. The top one is cool too

Depends4me:

Straying off-topic a little, if a an AB/DL company ever makes a diaper wrap with skulls and guitars all over it (kind of like the printed t-shirts you find at Target and K-mart), count me in!

You could easily get the plain white one (or a lighter color) and do the trick I mentioned on another post: Just get some skull(s) and Guitar(s) rubber stamps and indelible ink and make your own one off!

Oh and if you want another vendor that is pretty darn close..as they make them for baby's..try: http://www.kinsproducts.com/ They have the velcro.. I got some from DPF a really awesome diaper. They are half the price too! I dyed mine Baby Blue...cause they only come in white.

funny... A friend of my boss came into work today and left something like these; her daughter makes them from t-shirts and stuff. plastic snaps so they don't rust. really cute-looking, but pretty much for babies. apparently, custom orders (specific designs) are available, as she hand-makes them. now, to inquire about adult-sized custom orders.

or maybe not. I'll have to do a bit of investigating first. :)

-Sophie

Well, the AIO are just that, all in one. The advantage of a pocket is.. since the soft microfleece liner and the waterproof cover are open on one end, you can fold up, and stuff inserts in (as many as you want/need!) What I did was buy two of the snap-ez simple soakers which are made of hemp, and stuff those inside. Makes for a nice thick diap, and it can last at least 3 wettings!

As for the high/low rise, I chose to go with the high. I believe the low/rise is for concealment, but since i only wear at night at home, I want the full advantage of a full sized diap. Not to mention, when you stuff them, the extra rise allows for room so the can bulge out right and give you that nice thick diaper butt look/feel.

Someone asked how to see the colors available. It's a little confusing but if you click shopping, then pocket diapers, then select the cut and size, toward the middle of the page there is a pic flashing different colors.. if you click it, it will show you all the colors.

Enjoy!

OK, I must be stupid or just plain confuzzled :wacko:

I have been to both sites here and as far as I can tell...."snap EZ" only come in children's sizes, they dont have a page for adult items.....unless I missed it some how. I checked the size page and other areas, nothing. :huh:

I went to Shanka's site but didn't see anything about color selection or pocket diapers vs AIO products......or even covers....

HELP!!

:screwy::crybaby:

a confuzzed qwack

Duck are you using the embedded links from above post (Just above the Pictures)? the Snap EZ should take you to the adult page it's the one with Pocket diapers and AIO's, the other Shanka's takes you to their front page which offers them from Baby to Adult sizes but only a Very thick AIO. (Baby Sophie, Haven't found out how to see prints or sizes on Shanka's, I entered PayPal info and it just went to buy it now and send payment..nothing else, assume it will be a Email or phone conversation to finalize the details. She seems to be a WAHM and is custom making each order just abit smaller scale than the other.)

OK, I must be stupid or just plain confuzzled :wacko:

I have been to both sites here and as far as I can tell...."snap EZ" only come in children's sizes, they dont have a page for adult items.....unless I missed it some how. I checked the size page and other areas, nothing. :huh:

I went to Shanka's site but didn't see anything about color selection or pocket diapers vs AIO products......or even covers....

HELP!!

:screwy::crybaby:

a confuzzed qwack

She started off making for babies. Then she branched out, she has a separate company called snap-ez 4 life, with it's own web page.

http://www.snap-ez4life.com/

AH! very kewl guys, thanks for the help, i thought i was loosing it.......again :P

These things look amazingly comfortable.....but did sombody say EXPENSIVE??????.....sheesh!!

I still want one, or 3 :blush:

qwack

To me? Worth every penny. They are SO soft and warm! Hand made too!

I'll give you all a review of Snap-EZ in 48 hours ;)

Do you already have them or are getting them? They say they need eight washings and drying to get to normal, so just in case. Didn't want you to say it didn't absorb, if they are new. ;)

Do you already have them or are getting them? They say they need eight washings and drying to get to normal, so just in case. Didn't want you to say it didn't absorb, if they are new. ;)

Oh yes! I forgot to mention that! I have the pocket, with 2 simple soaker (hemp). I was disappointed at first because they wicked to the outside at first, but after about 8 washings they work GREAT! If you get the hemp soaker, you DO need to boil them first for about 20 min in a big kettle. It will get rid of the hemp oil and make them SUPER absorbent!

My review is, with 2 soaker, I've been using them every night for a month, and they work/feel GREAT.

I stuff mine with the LARGE flared side of the soaker up front, and the second soaker I fold the flaps inward so there is extra absorbency front and center. They do tend to work a bit better if they're snapped in the tighter position also from what I've found.

I actually wore them last night, I had a good wetting before I went to bed, one smaller wetting in the middle of the night once when I woke up, and another full bladder in the morning when I woke up. (just because I like lying in a soaked diap in the morning) After 3 wettings it was nice and soaked in front and down between the legs and about half way up the butt, I put a pair of pants on and went outside and sat down on a fairly hard chair for a few min, I was expecting to have the tell-tale two diaper leaks on the butt cheeks but NOTHING!

They DO get better with Age, just DON'T wash them with a lot of detergent, and DO NOT use fabric softener sheets, they will ruin the absorbency by making them waxy. My wash routine is, 2 tbl spoons of Oxyclean baby, HOT wash, cold rinse, then HOT HOT dryer. The PUL outer layer actually re-sets itself in the dryer and it seals itself.

Tried and liked. super comfortable. THey will need more washings before they fully settle in. I highly recommend them. Fo rthose not following I am talking about the snap-ez

Tried and liked. super comfortable. THey will need more washings before they fully settle in. I highly recommend them. Fo rthose not following I am talking about the snap-ez

Glad you like them! Did one or more simple soaker's? So did they "wick" to the outter layer the first time?

That's what mine did the first few times (I'm wearing them right now). What I did was I ended up with 2 soakers, and I put the wide side to the front, and the one closes to the skin I folded the "wings" onto each other to give me more "front and center". That and boiling them for 20-30 min, and washing them a bunch of times. Now they're broke in, and it's like wearing a sponge to sleep. Mine are on wetting #2, and I might give them 1 more before I take a short nap here.

:)

Yes talking with Snugglekitty, as sheis teh one who preped all. They have been boiled etc. buit as you remarked and I am learning they do have a breakin period. I'll keep track of washes and such sop I can give an accurate review when they are all done.

Yes talking with Snugglekitty, as sheis teh one who preped all. They have been boiled etc. buit as you remarked and I am learning they do have a breakin period. I'll keep track of washes and such sop I can give an accurate review when they are all done.

Great! Just bear with it. :) Honestly, if you wear every night, it takes about 2 weeks for them to hit their peak absorbency.

Improving already. Get a lotr of use when you get the flu :(

I have one also! It helps when you have a baby in cloth diapers, so mama's doing a load of diapers every other day anyway, she's just got one really big one in there with it. :P