LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Rash, Somebody Please Help!

I wear 24/7. I hate potties, I wish they'd all die.

I was recently on anti-biotics and the result was a HORRIBLE diaper rash. OMG, the burning and itching.

It's not responding to diaper rash cream, and although it has improved somewhat on it's own, it's still awful.

If I rub the area, large amounts of dead skin come off (Although, that seems to help it).

I can't afford a doctor, can anybody suggest anything I can try putting on it to avoid a doctor visit?

Yes it hurts, STILL don't want to go back to potties. Blech.

You probably have a yeast rash. I had my first diaper rash and regular diaper rash creme wasn't helping and I thought I would be forced to go to a doctor. I didn't have insurance at the time so it really wasn't an option. I did lots of research online and found if you use Lotrimin AF, or Miconazole, along with your diaper rash creme that it works wonders! The lotrimin says its for athletes foot but it contains the special ingredient to help with the rash. Put on the lotrimin and let it stay for 2 or so minutes then put on the regular diaper rash creme. Im not sure if the lotrimin is better or the Miconazole. I used both over a period of maybe a month but whatever I did worked! I had the rash for like 2-3 months it feels like. Boy was it hell. It took me a month to figure out the regular diaper rash creme wasn't working. I used more of the lotrimin so thats what I would recommend. Best of luck to you! Diaper rash sucks more than anything

I'll second the vote for a yeast infection. I had one of these a few years ago, and while there was no skin coming off, my scrotum was red and felt like it was on fire. There may be two kinds of packagings for anti-yeast infection cream. Get the kind packaged like hemorrhoid cream...you can screw off the tip and apply it like regular ointment. Mine still took a number of days to disappear, but saw an improvement in 24-48 hours. Good luck.

And kudos on the "diaper militancy". ;)

I'll second the vote for a yeast infection. I had one of these a few years ago, and while there was no skin coming off, my scrotum was red and felt like it was on fire. There may be two kinds of packagings for anti-yeast infection cream. Get the kind packaged like hemorrhoid cream...you can screw off the tip and apply it like regular ointment. Mine still took a number of days to disappear, but saw an improvement in 24-48 hours. Good luck.

And kudos on the "diaper militancy". ;)

This happens. Especially when you do not keep the diapered area clean and free of crotch hair. Hair tends to gather bacteria and such. Even when a regular bathing routine is followed. Follow instructions as per previous posts and once the infection is gone, keep shaved or Naired or whatever your preferred method of hair removal down there is. Regular application of Vaseline or some other petroleum based ointment at changing time, is also a big help. Works for me.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

This happens. Especially when you do not keep the diapered area clean and free of crotch hair. Hair tends to gather bacteria and such. Even when a regular bathing routine is followed. Follow instructions as per previous posts and once the infection is gone, keep shaved or Naired or whatever your preferred method of hair removal down there is. Regular application of Vaseline or some other petroleum based ointment at changing time, is also a big help. Works for me.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

I already keep shaved for cleanliness. Normally, I never get rashes beyond a mild irritation. Usually, not lasting long enough to get any cream on it. It's just from the antibiotics.

Witch,

I support the theory that you might have a yeast-infection (medically the most commonly found type of yeast-infections is the so called "candidiasis" btw)...

Some details:

abous candidiasis - there are well over 20 different sub-types this, with "Candida albicans" being the most common ...

Alsos a "Candidal Diaper Rash" is an acknoweldged condition of candidiasis - whehre the fungus only has affected the diaper area. Again this most commonly is the "Candida Albicans" type.

It is a well known fact that the use of antibiotics can cause a drastic growth increase of candida species (the fungus)... that is my main reason for believing that you suffer from Candida Albicans.

Now what to do...

Basically most antifungal topical creams should help you to rid you of the problem...

look for something containing either one of these main ingredients (I don't know the US-Market brand names - but you can ask at a pharmacy, they should know)

- Nystatin

- Econazole

- Clotrimazole

- Miconazole

if it's severe you can also resort to help with taking ORAL (you swallow) antifungal medication in addition to the creams... Success rates with this though varey and it should be seen as an additional measure which might help.

- at night go diaper free - use large bed-pads... you know these soaking large rectangular pads... just for a few days. Let your skin breathe... this will do most of the trick

Or at least

- Buy some BREATHABLE DIAPERS... not plastic backed stuff - again, I can't stress it enough, that despite the medication, the most important thing is "undiapered" time or at least more "air-contact" & less humidity... IF I remember right you exclusivly wear bambino diapers - nice diapers - but at least for the duration of your condition resort to something more breathable.

- CHANGE FREQUENTLY... you don't want the thickest diapers (it doesn't matter though) but you want to keep dry... change quickly after you did wet...

- TRY NOT TO have a Bowel Movment inside your diaper - or if you can't refreain from this, at least CHANGE IMMEDIATLY afterwards... and thoroughly clean yourself.

There are antiseptic medical liquid soaps you might want to use for thorough cleaning...

oh and last but not least - if you see no decline in the condition - if it doesn't improve over a two week period, you would be well advised to seek medical help.

there is one more thing you can do which doesn't hurt:

your diet.

Skip Junk food, refrain from drinking any type of Soda-Pop like Coke, Sprite & Co.

DRINK enough good water or tea

Eat healthy organic food

Especially after having had to take antibiotics, you body will thank you if you treat it well.

Eric D - right on!

I also remember being told to eat yogurt while on antibiotics. The meds don't care what kind of bacteria they kill. They're not biased towards any certain kind. They kill even the bacteria that naturally helps us defend against such infections. Yogurt contains some of these good bacteria.

Eric D - right on!

I also remember being told to eat yogurt while on antibiotics. The meds don't care what kind of bacteria they kill. They're not biased towards any certain kind. They kill even the bacteria that naturally helps us defend against such infections. Yogurt contains some of these good bacteria.

Yes - But be careful about the type of yogurt you eat... if you want to do something good - get natural unsweetened ORGANIC yogurt - stay away from sweetened, artificially flavored, colored stuff - that stuff is doing you more harm than any good.

if you don't like it "non-sweet" natural - take maple syrup (organic) to sweeten it up a little... but don't overdo this.

There are certain types of medication (usually over the counter) which help to regenerate the colons "flora"...