LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Exposure Of Abdl's & Informing People...?

Last year when visiting Tampa, I noticed that there was a "Fetishcon" convention happening at the same time so we bought a day pass to check it out & see if there were any parties going on. There were fetish seminars & workshops going on the whole day which covered different fetishes like "pony play," bondage & submission, super heroines, japanese rope bondage techiniques etc. They'd have a lecture part of the session & then introduce people in the lifestyle, have a Q & A portion for ppl interested in the lifestyle / fetish & maybe a demo portion if it's relevant.

the ABDL community & practices had zero preseance in the convention but it seemed like everything else was represented. I saw one AB boy the whole day (who showed up in diapers & carried a bottle) and i struck up a conversation with him. He didn't see any other ABs there as well & also thought there should be something at the show to represent. We both agreed that the show was quite "mainstream" and focussed on mainly S&M models and models wearing "mainstream fetish gear" like latex, etc.

So i thought "hmmm wouldn't it be cool to see a workshop/session on ABDLs next year?" and see mroe ABs attending the show & parties, maybe even some nannies & mommies there, some lifestyle couples, etc. it was just a thought & I don't know if there would be people interested in showing up to be part of the workshops or to answer questions, etc to get more ppl aware.

The next Fetishcon is in August 14-17 in Tampa, FL.

It may be that abdl was not invited or allowed to participate in that particular fetishcon. It's probably different in different areas but abdl is often seen as "fringe" in bdsm communities. In the area I live they don't tolerate abdl play at the main bdsm club's play party spaces. I wasn't actually planning on attending one of those but I did check out their website and saw that listed under their rules. I think there are more and more people within the bdsm communities who are developing an understanding of abdl play and are more welcoming to us, but I think we've got a ways to go there too. I'm not sure, but you might have an uphill battle trying to convince the people organizing a fetish-related convention to include abdl, although I suppose you'll never know till you try.

Years ago the first time people in the Hollywood adult spanking community found out I like my diapers, a few teased me. Up to then, when I actually had not known about AB/DL fun, I got along with my diapers, and for spanking parties I would take off my disposable in the ladies room the moment I arrived, then keep track of the time so I could use a toilet every hour. It works okay and I never wet at a party. When other spanking women saw me either removing or taping on my Attends, that was fine, I was incon. Then my sister told me about AB. We attended the next month's spanking party in discreet diapers under our dresses, and as soon as someone found out we like being diapered, attitudes changed. Then, about a year later I married Don Davis. He was a pioneer photographing adult spanking and very popular. The teasing stopped. Two years later as we all were arriving for a spanking con, a leading star and producer asked me to take her to a supermarket and help her select some diapers. I said that would not work because like me she is too small for Depend. I gave her a few Attend Youth/Small briefs. After that, a whole lot of spankers admitted being into diapers. While no diaper vendors had a booth at this year's Shadow Lane adult spanking con in Las Vegas, we had some super subgroup meetings early before the main con party.

Here is the link to Fetishcon:

http://www.fetishcon.com

Don and I love Tampa, but we already have plans for this August. My suggestion is to go to their website and offer to conduct a discussion of all diaper related activities. Look, somebody has to get the ball rolling. I was last teased in 1989. Times have "changed" for the better.

Baby Angel, aka Angela Bauer