LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wanted 1985 Ford Ranger /doge 50 Diesel Parts

I know this doesn't help the cause, but I've had a sucession of Ranger pickups and most of them very good. I have a newer 3.0 V6 5 speed right now. It's a little lacking in power, but it looks cool with custom package and fiberglass box cover. I paid $1800.00 for it from a kid who didn't know what he had.

-D R

D_Rainger Ive also had a couple of rangers Ive got an 02 extended cab two wheel drive with a 3.0L auto its a good truck i still like the 85 the best Ive mostly restored it. Its 4x4 with Detroit lockers in front and rear 5 speed man with the Mitsubishi I4 diesel.

D_Rainger Ive also had a couple of rangers Ive got an 02 extended cab two wheel drive with a 3.0L auto its a good truck i still like the 85 the best Ive mostly restored it. Its 4x4 with Detroit lockers in front and rear 5 speed man with the Mitsubishi I4 diesel.

rangers here kids cut them up and make low riders out of them. seen many of them that are flat out busted from jumping up and down.

if you just need the motor i am shure, you can find a mitsubishi I4 motor in other cars/trucks. you will need to do a bunch of diging to find out what years and modles every one used the motor in. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/index.php this site may help you locate a few motors .

I have had 2 Rangers. A '90 4x4 regular cab bare bones truck and my '03 4x4. I drove the 90 until I wanted something with more space and options. After checking out all the other Ranger sized trucks i went back to a Ranger. Got the '03 loaded and love it. Still wish I had the '90 so I could drop a v8 5.0l in it. Very reliable trucks.

• 1 year later...

WOW! I didnt know that they had a diesel available for 1985 Rangers! I would have held on to mine and converted it over. I had a '85 2.8 liter V-6 5 speed with a long 7 foot bed, and I L*O*V*E*D that truck. I drove it till it died, it had to have over 300,000 miles on it, and I donated it to a charity :( Oh well...I want another one, maybe I'll find a diesel version....that would be kewl! :D

qwack

It is a Canda thing it was not offered in the US

WOW! I didnt know that they had a diesel available for 1985 Rangers! I would have held on to mine and converted it over. I had a '85 2.8 liter V-6 5 speed with a long 7 foot bed, and I L*O*V*E*D that truck. I drove it till it died, it had to have over 300,000 miles on it, and I donated it to a charity :( Oh well...I want another one, maybe I'll find a diesel version....that would be kewl! :D

qwack

My first Ranger was a used red 84 2.0L with a 5 speed. The engine and trans were made by Mitsubishi though the 2.0 was a Ford design. On the highway it got 35 MPG if I drove sanely(which I usually didn't). I drove the crap out of it with no mercy, wind it up tight- slam the gears- go 4-wheeling across pastures getting airborne giving it he!! without mercy. It it had 302K miles on it when it was hit from behind by a full-sized Chevy Pick-up going 50MPH with me stopped. It knocked me 220 feet across pavement and a lawn :( It bent the frame and the bed but I drove it home and for another 2 weeks till the insurance company settled for more than I had in it. The almost-new Chevy lost the entire left front, suspension and wheel ripped totally off the frame, the radiator and fender smashed right up against the engine and the frame in that corner looking like a pretzel- a near-total loss that had to be towed away in disgrace :P These Rangers were some kind of tough- you couldn't kill them but I couldn't find another so I bought something else. I missed my Ranger badly :crybaby:

4 years later I came across another Ranger, this time a 83 2.0L with a 4 speed. A construction truck, it never got any love or attention and was somewhat beat up everywhere but it was all there and ran rough but it ran- so I bought it for $200. It had one small (?) problem- if you went for reverse the shifter popped out and it took about ten minutes to unbolt it and reset things. Worse was that no used ones could be had and the dealer wanted $80 for the assembly which was money that I didn't have at the time :huh: After 3 months of avoiding parking where I had to back up (and fixing the darn thing when I forget) I finally ordered a shifter so I could go backwards without worry. It was a dog, no power with poorly- chosen gear ratios. Then I came across a junker that had a great 2.0 and 5 speed but had been hit just behind the cab at 55MPH by a big Mercury wagon. That knocked him "about 200 feet spinning like a top" he said. Once again the Ranger drove home and the car got towed :lol: This engine and transmission were Ford built and the two Rangers were merged into one which went 290K miles before I sold it in 96 for what I had in it-$800- because I didn't need a truck anymore. It was every bit as great as my first Ranger in every way and I should have been shot for selling it- sigh!

IMHO there's never been a better small 4 cylinder truck built. Once put into decent shape for very little money they don't break or wear out or leave you stranded- and if you drive carefully you are rewarded with tremendous gas mileage :wub: A few well-treated ones are still doing great and looking great with 400K+ miles on them running the original engine and trans, never any major repairs of any kind and no indication that any will be needed anytime soon B) There's not a single part on these that costs over $90 and these owners make sure you know they aren't selling for any price so don't ask :P One guy I spoke with was still running the orginal clutch at 350K miles! Little plastic, no computers, easy to fix in your backyard without any special tools. Sadly they don't make them like this anymore- it was the end of an era when trucks were built like trucks instead of the molded plastic truck-in-style-only stuff they sell today, so is it really any wonder that the US carmakers are about broke now?

Bettypooh

looking for parts for a 2.3 Mitsubishi diesel this engine is in 85 ford rangers and doge 50 must be in Canada thanks

are you sure it is not the izuzs motor as they were a comon change over years ago in to many type cars