LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Raudm1011

Changing

7 posts in this topic

Exactly how much baby powder do I need and why do we need baby powder

Honestly I rarely use baby powder, but the smell is nice and nostalgic so I will every now and then just for the aesthetic. The idea of why it's needed is that the powder creates a protective layer on the skin that keeps the moisture from soaking into the skin and causing damage (aka a rash). 

Unless you are wearing for extended periods though, you don't really need anything like that. And imo ointments and cremes work better than powder. 

For the amount, you could use as much as you want as long as it's able to cover your entire "diaper area" which isn't a whole lot once you rub it into your skin. But you can always add more to make yourself smell a lot like baby powder or for the powdery feel it gives your bum. 

I personally notice a difference when I use baby powder particularly in areas that chaff.  Sometimes a diaper rubs you somewhere in a wrong way and all diapers fit differently.   I usually put a nice amount down the front of my diaper and shake it about.  Then I will take baby powder and sprinkle it on my hand if I need to target specific spots like my bottom or inner thighs.  When I am walking and I feel my diaper rubbing me the wrong way I just go to a potty and lightly powder that spot.  Works great for me and eliminates prolonged chafing.

6 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

I personally notice a difference when I use baby powder particularly in areas that chaff.  Sometimes a diaper rubs you somewhere in a wrong way and all diapers fit differently.   I usually put a nice amount down the front of my diaper and shake it about.  Then I will take baby powder and sprinkle it on my hand if I need to target specific spots like my bottom or inner thighs.  When I am walking and I feel my diaper rubbing me the wrong way I just go to a potty and lightly powder that spot.  Works great for me and eliminates prolonged chafing.

Exactly this. Certain Er areas down their can chaff when in a diaper nearly 24/7. I've found around my thighs, and some of genitals need powder or else I'm gonna be a cranky person. Inner thighs for sure. Sometimes my bottom too. It can also be ok with a mild rash. But cream is better for that.

If you use too much, it clumps when it's wet which is kind of gross. 

1 minute ago, crinklyplastic said:

ya that happened to me once

11 hours ago, crinklyplastic said:

Yes, that definatly can happen and it also effects the absorbancy of your diaper as well.  I would say that a lot of baby powder is ok as long as you rub it in as much as possible.  I know when I was stationed in Japan their baby powder does not come in a sprinkle on type container.  It comes in a tub with a soft powder applicator.  Wish we had those here.