LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The "New" (2011+) Cuddlz White / Drydayz - Pretty Crap?

I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this, but for me the new (I.e. 2011+) DryDayz / Cuddlz seems to be of much lower quality than the 2008 version from when Cuddlz launched.

I have four main gripes, on order of most annoying to least:

1. The new dual layer tabs are utterly crap. On the printed cuddlz and on other disposable nappies with dual-layer tabs, you can normally re-seat the bottom (blue) layer a few times if you need to - but doing so on the current DryDayz almost always causes the blue and white layers to separate - unlike on other nappies - meaning you only have the white layer to play with. This is annoying as I like to save/use the white layer for wrapping up after use (rolling it up and sticking the white tabs to the backing plastic to keep it rolled up).

2. The backing plastic is really thin: they are so easy to rip it I've almost lost confidence in them. I've woken up a number of times with SAP/fluff over the bed due to a tear or holes in the backing plastic and last time I was taking one off the other half my thumb went right through the backing plastic just trying to get a (light) grip on it.

3. The fit is really poor. The old style seemed to be slightly bigger (I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the old ones came up higher on my stomach and back.). I can probably test this as I still have 15 of so old ones left.

4. The landing-zone plastic is too firm. This means the nappy doesn't mould to your body as well and can be uncomfortable if you move about (this might have been done to make it more noisy, but the trade-off just doesn't seem worth it).

Not sure what others think, but I've been sticking with other brands for the past few months wondering if it was just a crap batch or if this is a permanent design change.

I haven't e-mailed them yet as I wanted to know if others had noticed the differences, what they felt about them and if they'd raised them with Cuddlz/DryDayz already.

Basically I'm not planning on buying any more Cuddlz for a while as I have a lot nappies stocked up at the moment (I've got about 220 'ABDL market' nappies from ABUniverse, Bambino, Cuddlz and Buntewindel) and the same number again of non-ABDL-market ones (Tena, Molicare, RIBO, Abena, Attends, Forma-care, Tranquility, etc.) - so I probably won't stock up on any Cuddlz again until the new year.

Also, since there is no shortage of brands / choice I'm not particularly bothered if this is a permament change - I'll just get ABUniverse, Buntewindel or Bambino instead.

Tena Slip Maxi is SO much better (than cuddlz)

You're perfectly entitled to you opinion, but I don't see how its relevant to whether the new DryDayz/Cuddlz White Adult Nappy is worse than the old one? :)

For what it is worth, I agree that the Tena Slips are better than the new DryDayz/Cuddlz design, but not the old one. If the new style isn't just a dodgy batch and is a long term change, I'll probably just get Buntewindel, Barme SBS or Secure Care instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I never tried the 2008 version, but I bought drydayz for the first time about 2 months ago, and experienced none of the problems you mentioned.I thought the tapes were great, just as they are on the printed ones- as long as you hold them right, the layers will not separate.

The only difference I could see between them and the printed ones was that Drydayz had a bigger landing zone, a bit too big I thought.

Maybe try and experiment with different ways of taping them up if they aren't fitting so well?