LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shrunken Bladder

Is it possible to fix a shrunken bladder? Say you have stopped using it to the point that it only holds 3 to 6oz of urine and you have to go every 30 min. Is it possible to recover from this and stretch your bladder out again to what it should be at its adult size? It probably would take about half a year for your bladder to shrink to this point with full time diaper use but shouldn't it be possible to stretch it back out close to its original size in about the same amount of time?

Yup, just hold it in as long as you can (before it get's seriously painful) and then go. The longer you hold it for, the bigger it will stretch. This does, however, require quite some time until it get's to the point where you can hold it for hours.

I also remember reading an article where they used a two-way foley catheter, which allows for injection of sterile saline into the bladder, while temporarily blocking the outlet, using this to artificially 'inflate' the bladder so they can regain some volume.

I can't remember where i got this, and it was a LONG time ago...nor do i remember the circumstances clearly.. but it was aimed i think at a child who was having a problem with frequent wetting issues...i think, the Dr advised the parent to help the child by measuring the ammount that the child peed after holding it as long as they could....then they would have them try to lengthen the time between going......as well as starting and starting their flow to strengthen muscles.....after a length of time they were to repeat the original measuring activity to see if they had indeed increased the ammount they could now hold.......

good luck!

jennie

Is it possible to fix a shrunken bladder? Say you have stopped using it to the point that it only holds 3 to 6oz of urine and you have to go every 30 min. Is it possible to recover from this and stretch your bladder out again to what it should be at its adult size? It probably would take about half a year for your bladder to shrink to this point with full time diaper use but shouldn't it be possible to stretch it back out close to its original size in about the same amount of time?

Just a quick note:

It's also possible to OVER-DO this. The result is referred to as "Trucker's bladder", in which the stretched bladder does not completely empty.