LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Miralax combined with Lactulose-syrup

Hi folks,

As i read several forum threads here and on other sites reading some have produced a possibly very good and effective method which is a combination of 2 products (Miralax and Lactulose-syrup) that reinforce/supplement each other, which will ultimately inevitably lead to a bowel movement(complete intestinal emptying?) that cannot be stopped.

Anyone has personal experience with the combination of the 2?

==================
The idea and my goal is to put on a diaper before bed. Then during the night it will wake me up because I get the urge.
So I want to simulate/insure a nighttime accident.
Would that be possible by using the combination of Miralax and Lactulose syrup once?
If so, what dosage of each product should I use?
Should I take them at the same time or separately with some time in between?
With the dose and intake/use advice you would give, I should expect an evacuation after how much time?

** As an equivalent to Miralax I will use Movicol:
https://www.amazon.com/Movicol-Powder-Sachets-Flavour-Free/dp/B07NKFPQ9H

I have no idea about Miralaxm, but a relative of mine was on Lactulose in the hospital to treat a liver problem, and by God, she was being changed once an hour. I don't know what the dose was but that stuff alone is very effective, even without any other laxatives. I'd be careful about dehydration or electrolytic imbalance if you started combining them. She was on an IV the whole time to combat that. Otherwise you could pass out and wake up in a lake of poop, hours later, or... not wake up. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have no idea about Miralaxm, but a relative of mine was on Lactulose in the hospital to treat a liver problem, and by God, she was being changed once an hour. I don't know what the dose was but that stuff alone is very effective, even without any other laxatives. I'd be careful about dehydration or electrolytic imbalance if you started combining them. She was on an IV the whole time to combat that. Otherwise you could pass out and wake up in a lake of poop, hours later, or... not wake up. 

Excellent advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 4/29/2024 at 11:10 PM, Little Sherri said:

...I don't know what the dose was but that stuff alone is very effective, even without any other laxatives. I'd be careful about dehydration or electrolytic imbalance if you started combining them. She was on an IV the whole time to combat that...

Thank you for your response!
"Lactulose is also used to reduce the amount of ammonia in the blood of patients with liver disease. It works by drawing ammonia from the blood into the colon where it is removed from the body."
So that would have been a (very) high dose for your family member, to remove as much ammonia from the blood as possible for the sake of health.

I will certainly take the feedback about the risks of dehydration into account!
(again I assume that the dosage for your family member was ultra high and I will certainly not reach that level with "normal" use)
I had also thought about starting with extra fluid intake the day/days prior, and of course a lot more during use.
Especially if one uses the combination of the 2, both of which pull water out from the body and into the colon. This water softens stools.

So I was(am) looking for experiences of combination use. This is done, there are medical studies that show that it is a very good method. See here an example of such a medical study.
"Polyethylene glycol combined with lactulose has better efficacy than polyethylene glycol alone in bowel preparation before colonoscopy"

However, the use/administration protocol is not described and I hope to get help from readers there.
In the sense of who has experience with it and can help me along the way. And again, can also provide the correct precautions, Do's and Don'ts, etc.

• Like 1

Ok, today I started orientating and exploring the product(s).
Since I have no experience with either, it is of course important and wise to see how people react to them, and whether they have any (unwanted) side effects or allergic reactions, etc.

Today (Saturday) I got up normally after a good rest around 9am.
Had a normal BM yesterday morning, and haven't since.

Last afternoon, at 1pm, I had quite a large/heavy lunch (Italian pasta dish)
During the afternoon I felt that my intestines were already a bit fuller, an average full intestine so to speak, but no urge to have a BM yet.

Decided to take 1 portion of Movicol (dissolve 1 sachet/portion of powder in 125ml of water and drink immediately) at 4pm
The (lighter) dinner consisted of a fish dish.

Around 8pm I clearly felt a full intestine, actually as I normally feel if I had a BM in the not too distant future.
So so far everything is basically as I would normally have/expect it without using any products.

Because I have not experienced any side effects/nasty reactions so far, I decided to take a 2nd portion of Movicol at 9pm
So far "the report"
Let's see how the rest of the evening goes and whether I will notice anything from that Movicol in the coming hours....

Then of course the questions now are:
- am I going to have another BM before going to sleep or not?
- if not:
Am I going to take a dose of Lactulose today, before going to sleep, or am I just going to leave it at that for this 1st test and see what effect it has tomorrow?

Or take up the challenge straight away and take some Lactulose before going to sleep.
Then, as I am sometimes quite a "faint person", I could try, for example, 30ml as the 1st and starting dose.

...I'll just wait and see for the next few hours...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2024 at 9:51 PM, saskia_v said:

Ok, today I started orientating and exploring the product(s).…

...I'll just wait and see for the next few hours...

And?? How did it go? Did you mess during the night, and have a nighttime-accident? Or was it too much to hold and was the urge too heavy?

Another way to cause a night-time accident is Epsom salt. As with any laxative, be sure you hydrate enough.

Good luck and enjoy?