LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I’ve been wanting to do a series for a long time about two twins who navigate the typical preschool/kindergarten/first grade experience when they’re “on the clock”, but their mother brokered a deal to allow the two to keep their baby stuff… something stemming from a big war to get the two started using the potty in time for pre-K.

That said, I have been thinking about WHEN it should be set.

1. PRESENT. Probably the obvious choice, but there’s also…

2. EARLY 2000’S.  This was a bit of a magical time for me. It was when I was awakening to my DLism, so I have a lot of nostalgia for the diapers of this era, plus I feel it’s sort of an underrated era, compared to the third option.

3. Somewhere between 1988 and 1993. Much of my early childhood transpired in this period, plus it had no shortage of excellent video games, cartoons, music, and movies.

Which do you think would work best?

The present is easy to write because you can take context for granted.  The past is more difficult because you have to be wary of anachronisms.  Writing a pair of stores set in 1979, I have to spend a certain amount of time double checking to make sure that I have the technology right, and the movies, TV programs, music, books, and on and on and on.  So, in my experience, your second and third options would prove more time consuming than your first.  So, think about how much time you have to give to this project, and how best to use it.

On 4/20/2024 at 1:09 PM, Babypants said:

The present is easy to write because you can take context for granted.  The past is more difficult because you have to be wary of anachronisms.  Writing a pair of stores set in 1979, I have to spend a certain amount of time double checking to make sure that I have the technology right, and the movies, TV programs, music, books, and on and on and on.  So, in my experience, your second and third options would prove more time consuming than your first.  So, think about how much time you have to give to this project, and how best to use it.

There’s also the question of what happens when/if the kids outgrow size 6 diapers.

I'm partial to the early 2000s since that was when I was old enough to pay attention to the diaper brands and is probably why I like cloth back diapers even though I got out diapers right before they became popular. 

I am a twin myself and me and my twin were not daytime potty trained until right before we turned 4. This was the reason we didn't go to 3k.

If the twins are born very premature(2 lbs 1 oz) like myself then out growing size 6 would not be a problem. I could have fit in them until at least middle school and could probably still fit in them until high school. I started HS at 67lbs.