LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz vs incontrol

Good morning all, long time lurker reading @oznl and @Little Sherri updates and day to day convo.  Thank you for posting. 

I was wondering if anyone as any comparison to the rears mega inspire vs the incontrol bedry night? Are they the same diaper with different tapes? 

Hi, @cheech - I have both products in my current inventory, and they are definitely not the same product with different tapes. Rearz produces a dazzling array of slightly dissimilar models, and I have in the past tried to sort out what was just a cosmetically divergent version of another product with, say, different tabs, or a different print, with very minimal success. I'm a car guy, so I've always been interested in what models share their bones... the badge-engineering days of the '80's and '90's that begat 4 warmed-over variants of the GM "A" body... "No, no, the Buick is NOT the same car as the Chev that costs $10 K less... well, okay, they're indistinguishable from the side view, and they use the same engine, transmission and suspension, but the Buick seats are velour..." 

These days, they do a much better job - you wouldn't know that a Mitsubishi Outlander is a Nissan Rogue, or that a Jeep Grand Cherokee shares DNA with the previous generation Mercedes ML class (now GLE). 

Good luck applying that level of forensic anthropology to Rearz, however. They seem to legitimately make two identically-sized, identically-priced pickup trucks, that don't share a single part. One is electric and the other is powered by a turbine that burns kerosene.  

SO, the Mega Inspire+ has about the same capacity as the BeDry Night, and they're both plastic-backed, white diapers with two tabs on each side, but that's where the similarities end. The Inspire has tapes, and a landing zone, and the Night has hook/loop tabs that engage a mesh overlay, although both work very well. I suppose the hook/loop option has slightly more potential to remain engaged in its employment after several restructurings, but in practice, the Inspire's tapes are among the best, capable of surviving a few open/close cycles at least, and really, how many times does one need to open their diaper? Because good tabs don't move, re-snugging is not a frequent requirement. 

The Mega Inspire+ is wonderfully comfortable, has a capacity that is can be difficult to fully use, before other factors impose the need to change one's sopping underpants, and, they pay no heed whatsoever to discretion. They are a big, fluffy, bulky diaper, and proudly so. 

The BeDry Night, on the other hand, goes about its task in a more efficient, European way. They remind me of NorthShore's MegaMax in that respect. They start out as a fairly compact diaper, relative to their capacity - I can wear one under jeans and go run errands during the day. However, as they do their work, they expand until you realize that you can't bring your knees together anymore. Whereas in the Inspire, you almost couldn't do that from the moment you put it on. They differ by 1000 ML in their fantasy-land ISO ratings (12,000 ML for the Night, 11,000 for the Inspire), but in practice, I challenge you to probe those limits without sitting in the bathtub for the last 6 hours and doing yoga while you wet, to get the upper rear corners. 

Cost-wise, they're pretty close, at least in Canada - $3.72 CAD each, size L, bought by the case, for the Mega Inspire+, and $3.91 CAD each, for the BeDry Night. However, Rearz runs a few good sales a year, so in general my bogey for what these things cost me is around $3 a piece, making them a screaming deal in a world where some fancy products want $5 or even $6 a unit.

I hope this helps!