LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The New Foster

Tom undid Lani's belt, and then he put on the shoes that he just carried to the car with her, so she wouldn't have to have too big shoes on her feet for too long.  They were a pair of Rebecca's old shoes that she had outgrown, and somehow, were just never thrown away, but just pushed back into the coat closet.

He did up the shoes for her, and they were still a little loose, so he was glad that Charlotte seemed to notice.  "Yes, she definitely needs those.  Maybe even pay for them right away so we can get her in something comfortable that she can walk in."

He continued to carry her though into the store.

Rebecca nodded.  

"Yeah, I'll help push the cart.  Can I help pick out some clothes that I think would look nice on her?" she asked.  "I mean, only if it's okay," she nervously looked at Lani hoping she wasn't overstepping.

As they got into the store, Tom carrying Lani and Rebecca pushing the cart with her mother, they went right back towards the shoes.

As he sat Lani down so they could start looking at shoes, he first motioned for Rebecca to come closer to him, and he reminded her.  "I'm busy with making Lani comfortable, but don't forget to tell your mother if you need to toilet, okay?"

Rebecca blushed and nodded.

He then turned Lani towards him.  "And you can ask me to take you, too, sweetheart."

Then they started looking.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlotte nodded. “Once she has a pair of sneakers I’ll go pay for them real quick.” She confirmed when they arrived to the children’s shoe section. “I think at the very least she needs a pair of sneakers and maybe some nicer shoes?” She asked Tom. She had no idea how long they’d be keeping her, but she knew kids loved having special occasion things and wanted to give that to Lani since they could easily afford it.

She turned to Rebecca. “Actually why don’t you pick some shoes out too. We might as well get some of your back to school shopping done while we’re here.” She said with a smile, not wanting her to overwhelm Lani.

Lani blushed and nodded. She wasn’t used to anyone telling her to use the bathroom. She also really disliked using the bathroom in public since they were typically loud and smelly and bright.

When Tom let her look around, Lani’s eyes were drawn to a pair of light purple Velcro sneakers covered in different colored flowers and lit up. She’d always wanted light up shoes and they seemed so pretty and cool, but then she remembered what her mother told her about wasting money. Pulling herself away from the shelf with the beloved light ups, she pointed out a pair of plain and cheaper priced sneakers, finding the ones with the smallest number on the price tag.

“Are these okay?” She asked timidly. 

Tom frowned when she picked out the sneakers.  They were definitely the cheaper ones, but he shook his head.  "Honey, I thought you were looking at some over there," he pointed out the area she was looking at.  "These ones would last you maybe three months if you were lucky because they are too cheap," he told her.  "I want to get you a pair that will last at least a year, provided you don't have a sudden growth spurt.  I'm not sure how long you'll be with us, and if we are buying you things, then I'd rather know that what we get you will last you a little while."

He walked her back where she was looking before, not really having caught the exact pair she had eyed, but knowing that she was definitely drawn to this area at first.

"Please get something that costs at least $30.00.  Do you understand?  Something that has a 3 and 0 before the point because anything cheaper will just fall apart quickly."

Honestly, that was how he worded it, but truth be told, most of Target's things fell apart before a year, but then a child usually grows some in that year, so would need new shoes anyway.  He just didn't want her to realize he was trying to spoil her for once.

Rebecca smiled and looked up.  "Really?"

She bounced off to go look for something cool for school.  She was sort of past the light up shoes because she had gotten a pair of those a couple of years ago, but she did like a pair that had some rollers on the bottom, sort of a halfway between roller skates and sneakers.  Bringing the $35.99 shoes over to her mom, she showed them to her.

"It'd be really cool if I could get these.  The wheels even come off for when you don't want me to roller around on them."

She looked up hopefully at her mom.

Lani was a little confused at first. She was used to getting the cheapest option possible. When Tom explained his logic and reasoning she supposed it made sense. She bit her lip and walked over with him to the shoes she saw before.

She hesitantly pointed to the pair she loved so much on the shelf and looked up at Tom. “Is it okay if they’re immature?” She asked hopefully. There it was again, a word most nearly eight year olds would not understand or be able to use in casual conversation. She just knew it’s what her mother always said to mean babyish.

Charlotte looked down at the shoes and thought for a while. “Let me think about it a bit sweetie. And let me ask Daddy. You know how we worry about your safety.” She said gently.

Rebecca of course would need new shoes for school in a few weeks and she was going into fifth grade, so maybe something more mature was alright. But Charlotte wasn’t quite sure, especially because for the price they were, she wanted to make sure her daughter could actually run in them well enough for playing.

“We’ll ask Daddy once Lani picks out her sneakers.” She said with a smile. 

Tom smiled and touched her nose.  

"Those are not immature at all," he told her.  "See?  They make them in your size, which means, these are meant for kids your age, honey.  Sometimes, you may not understand, but if money is tight at your house, maybe your mom just tried to discourage you because she couldn't afford the ones you really wanted and didn't know how to tell you that way.  Your mommy loves you, after all."

He hugged her.

He put her shoes in, and patted her back and went back to Charlotte.

"I hope you're not angry, I probably should have confided with you first, but I just, well, the first things she showed me, we would not put those on a dog," he told Charlotte.  "She was trying to watch the price, so I told her the rule, that the tag needs to say at least $30.00 on it.  That's okay, isn't it?" 

He showed her the shoes.

"Imagine her thinking these things were immature for her age?" he asked Charlotte.  "I just told her that her mom probably found it easier to say that than that they were tight on money."

He looked over at Rebecca.

"Is she behaving herself?  Asking to go potty alright, honey?"

Rebecca blushed and nodded.  "I don't need to right now."

Tom smiled.  "And are you picking out some school shoes?"

Rebecca looked up at her mom since she said she'd ask daddy.

Lani’s eyes lit up in a way Tom hadn’t seen before. She was so happy with the new shoes. She did a small jump in them, catching herself before her fell over due to being clumsy. She stifled a giggle when she saw the soles of the new sneakers lighting up.

She hugged Tom’s leg and looked up at him when he finished talking to Charlotte. “Thank you!” She said happily. “I’ll be extra good and do whatever you say, I promise!” She added while still smiling just as much as before. She still associated new things, especially nice ones, with her having to do something in order to earn and deserve it.

Charlotte smiled. “Rebecca really likes these. I think because she’s going into fifth grade this year and she’s double digits now she’s old enough to have them.” She said to Tom.

When they finished, she put the shoes in the cart if Tom agreed. After that she took Rebecca with her to go pay for Lani’s shoes, taking the empty shoe box with them.

“Why don’t you pick out a few new things to wear. I don’t want you feeling completely left out.” She said as they started walking back. 

Tom smiled and hugged her.

"That's okay, baby girl.  We are just getting you things that should be every child's right.  I believe you are a good little one."

He picked her up and patted her back.

Having already made sure that Rebecca was comfortable, he asked her.  "And after we pay for these, we can maybe take you potty, if you need to go, and then we'll look at some nicer shoes for special occasions.  Auntie C had suggested we do that before."

He looked at the shoes and frowned.  "Well, I think we can get them, but I don't want her wearing them to school.  Other kids might get jealous and try to take them from her, and teachers might misunderstand and think she's rolling around in the halls, so I think we get her a different pair for school to keep people from misunderstanding, and we can still get them, if you want to get them for her."

He smiled.

"So, I guess it's a full back to school shopping we are doing today after all."

Tom knelt by Rebecca.  "Pick out some sensible ones that look normal for school, okay?"

Rebecca looked up at her mom to make sure she still got to get the roller shoes, but was okay getting different ones for school.

Tom had been saving for back to school sales, and though he didn't want to foster at first, he knew that in the end, Charlotte would win this one, so he had also been saving back for this, and of course, he knew that Charlotte probably put a few dollars back as well.

Once the little one had the shoes on that Charlotte paid for, Tom asked Lani.

"Can you please tell Auntie Charlotte how happy you are to get these?  She paid for them out of her own pocket money.  It would mean so much to her, to know that you liked them."

He kept hold of her so that she wouldn't get too scared as she was asked to thank the woman.

Once that was done, after reminding Charlotte that he was on board with the roller shoes, but just not for school....

"I'm on board with the rollers just not for school, so can you get her a pair for school?" he asked and then took Lani off to get her a nicer pair for special occasions.

“I don’t gotta go!” Lani insisted. She was trying to behave and be good, but it seemed Tom was constantly reminding her to go to the bathroom.

She frowned when prompted to thank Charlotte. She stood in front of her as straight as she could though she kept her eyes glued to the floor, not looking up at her like she did with Tom. “Thank you for the shoes. They make me very happy.” She said with a flat tone, squirming uncomfortably as she spoke. She was clearly on edge and didn’t like being forced to talk to Charlotte.

When Charlotte smiled and thanked her, she retreated back behind Tom’s legs and held onto his pants with one hand until they had moved away from Charlotte and Rebecca.

When they got to the dress shoes, Leilani pointed to a pair of brown Mary janes. She wasn’t talking this time and nervously looked up at Tom, unsure if they were acceptable or not. She was fighting the urge to suck her thumb for comfort, but was determined to not act like a baby, even if she was overwhelmed and upset.

Charlotte nodded at Rebecca and smiled. “You can get the roller shoes. Go pick out a pair of sneakers for school and some dress shoes.” She said cheerfully, following her along wherever she decided to look first. 

Tom made sure the Brown Mary Janes cost the limit he had told her, over $30.00, and put them in the cart, and then he bent down and picked her up.

"I'm so proud of you for thanking Auntie C for the shoes, baby.  I know it was really hard to do.  And you know what?  Before we go look at some regular shirts and pants, how about we get you a cuddle buddy, so you have something to comfort you when you need it?"

He started to take her to the stuffed animals, not to do the regular toy shopping just now, but just to get her something she could cuddle with.

"Pick out one of these," he told her.  "It's good for you to have something to cuddle when you feel nervous or upset.  Rebecca still grabs hers when she's feeling lonely or upset."

He walked her along the aisle of stuffies until her interest was caught by one she liked.  He made no limits this time, because he was just getting her something to use to calm herself with while they were shopping.

Rebecca ran through the aisles, well, not really ran, but certainly moved quickly towards some shoes she thought would be really impressive this year to show her friends, and she hoped they didn't cost too much.  She knew her parents were reasonable, but getting anything over $45.00, she knew, would be pushing it unless dad and mom told her that it was allowed, and she didn't remember them saying it was allowed.

"Um...," she found the shoes she was thinking of.  They probably looked to most adults like any of the other shoes a kid could get, but for Rebecca, these were the coolest things, and she was sort of among the trend setters since third grade in school.  "... I guess these are too much, right?" she asked her mom when she saw the price of $43.85.  "Maybe I can just get those ones, I guess," she looked a little down that the shoes were a bit close to the top end of the limit, and didn't want to push her mom since at first, she wasn't supposed to be getting anything at all except maybe some beads.

For the first time Lani leaned into Tom when he picked her up. She was still on edge and uncomfortable after forcing herself to talk to Charlotte. She was already so stressed and worried and on edge since arriving with the family that having to be pushed even further out of her comfort zone was extremely hard on the poor girl.

She looked up at Tom for reassurance when brought to the stuffed animal aisle. She looked around and her little brown eyes glimmered when she saw a pale green dragon stuffed animal. The shape and size of its features looked like it was supposed to be a baby. She reached out and held it up to Tom. Suddenly though she frowned and started putting it back. “I don’t want Mommy to get mad.” She said in a sad, quiet voice.

“Those are great honey!” Charlotte said cheerfully. She grabbed Rebecca’s size and put them in the cart. “I want to get you ones you’ll actually wear and like.” She smiled and ruffled her hair, happy that even if it felt like Lani was rejecting her, she could focus on making Rebecca happy.

”Pick out a nice pair now.” She nodded toward the aisles with some dressier shoes. 

"Well, I don't want your mommy to get mad either," Tom agreed with her.  "But how about this?  You are at our house right now, and your mommy knows people do things different at different places.  So, you can hold on to this for me and keep it company, and when you go home, if your mom doesn't want you to have it, we can give it to someone else who is missing her mommy?  But if your mom lets you keep it, then you can remember us by it?"

He smiled at her.

"I'm sure your mom wouldn't be mad if we shared what we have with you, and knows you didn't bug us for it.  Because you didn't, sweetheart."

He handed it to her and squeezed it, a little surprised at first as the lights came on.

"Oh!  Look at that!  Makes ME want one!" he chuckled.

"You mean like for picture days at school or something?" Rebecca asked her mom.  Am I old enough for some high heels yet?"

She looked over at the grown up looking shoes, wanting to be like her mommy in as many ways as possible, and she thought her mommy wore heels to special events.

Lani listened to Tom and nodded. It seemed to make sense to her. She clutched it close to her chest and held the soft plush against her face, taking in the calming texture. When she figured out how after a moment, she turned the lights off on it, wanting them off for the time being.

She let Tom take her to the next spot to shop for what she needed, clutching the dinosaur to her chest the whole time, already attached to it.

Charlotte paused. “Not quite sweetie. I know you want to be big and grown up but you’re still too young.” She explained gently. She hated saying no, but ten years old was too young for even low heels. “Plus even for things like picture day or other nice events you’re doing lots of walking around. Heels aren’t comfortable to walk around in and can be dangerous if you’re not used to them.” She reasoned, hoping it would persuade her daughter. “You need something that looks nice but is still comfortable and you can walk around in safely and easily.”

"Okay, mommy," Rebecca chirped.  Mommy already got her the cool shoes, so she wasn't too upset being told she was still too young for heels.  She knew her mommy was just protective, but she always got her things when she thought she was ready for them.

"Those ones look okay," she said not really that into the nice ones at the moment.  She got the shoes she really wanted.  

"So... are we getting backpacks, or just clothes for school?" she asked her mom.

Tom took her to the shirts and looked around at where he could find the closest size she could get into.

"How about we look over here," he told her.  "You need two tshirts, four long sleeves, two nicer ones, and maybe two summer ones.  Summer is coming to a close, so....  I want to make sure you are set for fall and winter as much as I can."

He waved around at the colorful tshirts for now.  "Like any of these?" he asked her.  "A shirt should cost at least $10.00" he told her to make sure she didn't look for the cheapest thing.

Charlotte thought for a moment as she put the shoes in the cart. “Let’s wait to get your backpack until we get your supplies when school gets closer.” She said as they headed over to the clothes.

”We’re not getting everything today but you can pick out three outfits.” She said when they found her section. “One outfit is a dress or a top and a bottom remember. And after you can grab a new pack of underwear since Lani has had to wear two of yours already.” She explained further.

Lani held her dinosaur close as she felt a little overwhelmed. It was difficult keeping the prices in mind as well as the numbers of what she needed.

She picked out a purple Tshirt with different colored butterflies along with a pink one with different colored hearts. After that she picked out a long sleeved black shirt with little gold stars and a white long sleeved one with frilly shoulders and some tiny hearts scattered around. The summer tops she picked were plain colored tank tops and when Tom mentioned nicer shirts she looked up at him. She was getting more overwhelmed and wasn’t sure what else she could pick. She was having more and more trouble and they’d only gotten her tops so far. 

"Ew!  She had wear my undies?  She can keep them.  Nothing about her, mom, but I wouldn't even wear my best friend's undies.  Sorry."

She smiled up at her mom hoping she understood.  

"Um, okay, can we look at the dresses first?"

Tom took her around getting her shirts, pants, skirts, a couple of dresses, a pair of overalls and shortalls, and then to the socks and undershirts, and finally to the panties.  He sighed as they got there, and put her on the floor.

"Go pick out some cute ones, sweetheart.  No plain or pattern ones this time, please.  Besides, they'll be hidden under your pants and skirts, so no need to worry what they look like, okay?"

Charlotte sighed a bit. “That wasn’t nice to say honey.” She corrected gently. “I wasn’t going to have her give them back to you. But it’s still not nice to say ew. She didn’t have any that fit her so she borrowed some of yours that are getting too small.”

She nodded and let Rebecca start with the dresses.

Leilani blushed a little when it was time to pick out her underwear. She looked around at the choices and wanted to be good so she listened to Tom.

She wasn’t sure how many she was allowed to pick so she pointed to a pack with different designs from Bluey and then to a pack with some from Sofia the First. They were her two favorite shows, even if they were intended more for preschoolers or younger elementary kids.

Once she’d made her selections, she looked up at Tom for approval, the dragon from earlier still clutches in her hand.

Tom nodded at her choices and smiled.  "Once more set, sweetie.  I want to make sure you have plenty to change into in case you need them."

He then took her to go find the others so they could pay for this and see how much he had left for toys.

"Charlotte, look at the dragon," he chirped.  "I couldn't resist, and she seems to really like it.  So, she'll need a few toys at our place, and I figure since we need to get her some, maybe Rebecca needs at least a couple of things besides her beads, too.  It's been a while since we got her toys, probably her last birthday."

Tom was holding his little foster baby while he pushed the cart with the other hand.

Rebecca nodded.  "Sorry mom.  I will remember not to say words like that around her.  I was just thinking the thought of it, not that she was ew."

She held her mom's hand as she put her last outfit in and a package of panties, these ones a little more mature than the others that she had.  For some reason, she felt like she wanted plain solid ones for once.  She didn't think her mom cared as long as she didn't get those ones that sick girls get, in her mind.

"Is this is?  Since we got all this, I guess no beads," she said her head lowered a little.  She wanted beads, but she knew that they had already spent more on her today than they planned.

Leilani nodded she carefully looked at the options and grabbed a pack of My Little Pony designs and let Tom grab her size.

She let Tom carry her back to the rest of the family, enjoying how he was always holding her. She never expected to like it so much, but she really did.

She blushed a little when he gushed over her new friend. She’d seen parents gush over their kids like that before but she couldn’t remember it happening with her. She liked it though.

Charlotte nodded. “That sounds like a plan. Why don’t you take the cart and get Leilani some stuff and Rebecca and I can carry the few things she picks out.”

She turned to Rebecca as they walked and she smiled. “You can still get your beads.” She said warmly. “And you can pick out another toy or activity too.” She said cheerfully, enjoying getting to dote on her some more while Tom did so with Lani.

She walked over with Rebecca to the aisles where toys and activities for kids her age. “Pick some stuff out.” She encouraged. 

Rebecca saw a set she really had wanted for a while.  It was one of those electronic robot sets where you experiment building a robot like toy and then have fun commanding it with the remote, so she looked at it, and seeing the price, she frowned and looked at the beads she wanted.  Maybe if she picked the smallest bead set, then maybe mommy will be able to get this interesting toy for her?

She came back and showed Charlotte.  "Is it okay if I get the smallest beads, if we get this one?  People have been talking about it forever, but this is the first time I saw it, but it's kind of expensive, mommy.  It's like $80 dollars.  Maybe no beads, if we get it?"

Tom walked the little one up and down the toys aisles putting in dolls, doll clothes, some preschool stuff like push poppers and other things that might be interactive and fun, all the while, trying to get her to actually pick out things she thought looked fun.

"I know these things are not 'mature," he told her.  "But I want you to enjoy your stay at our house, and you don't have to use them when you don't want to.  But they'll be there for you when you want to use your imagination a bit."

He also grabbed some coloring books, some crayons, and a few other paper crafts things for her as well as a starter bead set that was not anywhere as big as Rebecca's, but he didn't know if she'd take to the beads yet.

"Find anything you want?" he asked her as he loaded the cart with things, honestly, a couple of things that were meant more for a four year old than a seven year old.

Charlotte shook her head. “Hold onto the kit and I’ll grab your beads.” She said with a smile. She grabbed a larger bead kit that she knew Rebecca would use every piece of and enjoy.

“Let’s go find Daddy.” She said with a cheery smile.

Lani looked at the toys in the aisle she was in. She really had no interest in dolls or the toys around her. She frowned a bit when she saw some of the toys Tom was putting in the cart. The coloring books and other craft activities interested her but the other things didn’t.

She was really struggling to keep her eyes on the part of the aisle he had taken her to. They kept wandering to the aisle across the path that had slightly older kid toys. She saw some things over there that she really liked, but she didn’t want to disobey him or complain.

With a disappointed look, she grabbed a random baby doll off the shelf and shuffled over to Tom, her head hung and holding the doll up to him very unenthusiastically. 

"Sweetheart, you don't really like this one, do you?" he asked her.  "How about you help me empty the cart of the things you don't want, because it would be a waste of money to get you things you don't want at all, and then you show me what you want.  Would that be good?" he asked.  "I just wanted you to know, you are allowed to pick any toy regardless of what age it says can play with it, okay?"

He hugged her.

"I knew just telling you wouldn't be enough sweetie because you worry too much about things you are used to, so I wanted you to know, in my house, you play with what you want.  Don't worry about kind of toy or what the package says about the age.  The only thing that matters, is if you like it, okay?"

He started to pull out the things he knew were not giving off good vibes.

Rebecca was so happy to get the toys, that she tried to stay with mommy and tried to be as helpful and good as she could.  They had been there a while, and she happened to see the toilet.

"Um... mommy?" she looked at the toilets.  "Um....  Can... can I?" she pointed shyly.

Leilani was scared for a moment, worried she had upset Tom. But when he was kind and talked to her at eye level she relaxed. She nodded and put the doll back along with the other toys in the cart she didn’t have an interest in.

When allowed to pick what she wanted, she pointed out a Lite Brite and some Magna Tiles. After that she gravitated towards a section of the shelves dedicated to Calico Critters. “They’re so pretty.” She said softly, her voice sounding truly childlike for the first time since meeting the family. She looked closely at all the different animal families, especially the tuxedo and orange cat families, as well as one of the various rabbit families. She absolutely adored everything about them. For the time being it seemed like she forgot her worries about toys and maturity.

Charlotte nodded. She grabbed the robot set from Rebecca and set it on a nearby shelf along with the bead set. “Let’s go sweetie.” She said as she ushered her to the bathroom.

She led Rebecca into the bathroom and let her go into the stall by herself as usual, staying in the bathroom but outside the stall to balance both privacy and safety. “After you’re finished we can grab your things again. We’re just not allowed to bring things we haven’t paid for into the bathrooms.” She explained so Rebecca wouldn't worry.  

Rebecca sort of knew that rule, so when mommy explained it, she sighed in relief that she was getting the toys.  She just hoped someone didn't the robot she had picked out because it was the last of its type.

She sat on the toilet and was able to go like a good girl, and came out to wash her hands.

"What kind of toys do you think daddy is getting for the little orphan?"  She put her hands on her mouth remembering mommy said Lani wasn't an orphan.  "I'm sorry, I meant, little Lani?  I keep thinking Annie for some reason when I look at her even though they look completely different."

She walked over to her mom and when they picked up her toys, she was relieved that no one touched her robot.  

Tom smiled and nodded along with her as she showed him what she really wanted.  He made no more inferences to maturity of the toys, but just let her be who she was.

When it seemed she was nearly out of steam, he squatted down next to her again.

"Okay, sweetheart, if you are done for now, that's okay.  We can come back again if you are with us for a while, and if not, then you'll have some things that hopefully you'll be able to take home with you."

He picked her up and started to look for Charlotte and Rebecca.

Leilani rested her head on Tom’s shoulder when he carried her. She was really happy with the toys she got to pick out, and was surprised that Tom even let her pick out a few more stuffed animals.

When it came time to check out, she was hesitant and sad to release her dragon to be scanned. Her eyes lit back up and she was relieved and happy when it was immediately given back to her though. She went quiet again when they were back with Rebecca and Charlotte. In her mind she was really hoping she wouldn’t be forced to thank Charlotte again. She was really grateful of course, but being forced to talk to her made her really anxious and scared since she was already on edge and struggling.

Charlotte was happy that Rebecca at least corrected herself. “I’m not sure. I don’t really know what she likes so we’ll have to see when we meet up with them.”

She smiled when they met back up with Lani and Tom. “All ready to check out?” She confirmed. “I think we should stop somewhere to get something to eat. I’m sure the kids are getting hungry.”

Tom had no intention of making Lani say anything she didn't want to.  He had seen how much of a struggle it was the first time, and right now, the last thing she needed, was to think that she couldn't show enough gratitude for something that most kids take for granted.  He was pretty sure Charlotte understood that, too.  There was no way his clever wife didn't pick up on how tense and nervous the girl was when she thanked her the first time.

"Yeah, I think she has enough things to keep her little mind busy during the day," he told Charlotte.  "Oh, is that all we're getting Rebecca for now?" he asked when he saw she only had two items not having seen the cost yet.

They paid for the things, and though it was about $35 more than he imagined spending at first, he wasn't sorry they had done it.

"Well, we had McDonalds yesterday.  I think maybe a better place to eat would be good for them this time around.  What do you think about the Golden Coral?"

Tom smiled at the little children, seeing their glowing faces made him really warm inside, and that glow that grateful children gave off always made him glad when he spent money on Rebecca and now, they had two children they could make happy, at least for the time being.