LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The New Foster

Lani was startled when Tom picked her up to hug and comfort her. She wasn’t used to so much physical affection. Her mother wasn’t very touchy so she couldn’t remember the last time she was just held and rocked. It was definitely surprising.

She got scared that she’d be in trouble since she made Rebecca cry, but she was adamant that Charlotte was not her mother. “I have a mom!” She insisted in a quieter voice. “She’s gonna get better. And I’m gonna be good. And I’m gonna go back home again.” She was fighting the tears that she could feel were coming. Nobody had taken the time to explain much to her, but she knew her mother was sick and if she got better and Lani learned to behave she’d get to go back to living with her like before. She had spent her time in foster care so far being bounced around so much she had to pretend to be strong and brave, even if in reality she was sad and just wanted her mom back.

She stayed quiet after that. She was disappointed that her outburst had caused her to be removed from her dinner. She hadn’t expected that outcome. She also didn’t really think much before saying her statements out loud. She assumed that because Tom picked her up and put her in his lap in his seat she wasn’t allowed to keep eating.

Charlotte frowned and sighed. The girl had been with them for less than twelve hours and she’d already made Rebecca cry. She was wondering if taking her in was such a good idea after all.

“It’s okay sweetie. I know you weren’t trying to be mean.” She said sympathetically. “It was just a misunderstanding. Lani has a mom. She just needs some time to get better so Lani is staying with us for a while.”

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom sighed and he looked up at Rebecca.  

"Honey, you didn't say anything wrong.  You just didn't know.  But Lani is a little sensitive about it.  Look at it this way.  How would you feel if someone took your mom right out from under you because your mom got sick?"

Rebecca nodded but she still wanted mommy, so she moved her plate over and stood by her mom to eat.

Tom moved Lani's plate over closer to them, and he handed her the spoon or fork back, and whispered.  "Go ahead, sweetheart.  It's okay.  There were just misunderstandings.  No one is going to replace your mommy, okay?"

Rebecca tried to crawl into her mom's lap.  She was still small, being almost an inch shorter than an average ten year old and about 3 pounds lighter than most.

"I love you, mommy," she whispered.

Tom shook his head at Rebecca climbing on her mom, but he didn't tell her she couldn't.  He'd let Charlotte decide if that was okay or not.  He was holding Lani after all, to calm her, and he didn't want to be the one to tell Rebecca no.

He waited to see if Lani would eat now, in his lap.

Charlotte sighed. She wanted to comfort Rebecca, but at ten years old, something like this wasn’t really enough to warrant sitting in her lap at the table without even asking.

“Sit in your chair sweetheart.” She said gently. “I’m right here next to you, but we both need to eat and that’s not going to happen with you in my lap.” She added in a kind tone. “I love you too.”

Lani stayed silent while she continued to eat. She wasn’t thrilled about being in Tom’s lap but she wasn’t going to say anything. She didn’t want to risk having her food taken away.

She didn’t say another word at the table but did quickly finish the food on her plate and milk in her cup. 

Tom let her finish her meal, and when she was done, he pick her up off his lap and set her on her feet by his chair.

"You can go get your hands and face cleaned up if you want," he told her.  "The downstairs bathroom, do you remember where I said it was?"

He gestured in the direction.

"If you need help, just come and get me if you want."

Rebecca looked up sadly at her mommy, but as her mommy said she loved her, she smiled and did what she was told.  

The girl ate her food and then looked up at her mom when she was done.

"I can bring mine and Lani's plate, and take my dish and hers to the kitchen if you want," she offered.  "Is it my turn to do the dishes?"

Tom smiled and nodded at her.

"It would be really helpful if you did the dishes, sweetheart.  I think it's actually my turn, but I don't think leaving Lani on her own too much tonight is a good thing."

Rebecca smiled and looked at her mommy.  "I'll do it."

Lani watched where Tom gestured and went off to the bathroom. She washed her face and hands off.

Once she was done, she just stood outside the door. She wasn’t sure where she was allowed to go or what she was allowed to do. She also didn’t know where much was in the house. Tom had showed her of course but she didn’t quite remember yet.

“You can just load the dishwasher sweetie. I have to wash the pan and pack up leftovers so I can run it later.” Charlotte said with a smile. “After that you can go play or do whatever you want before bed.”

Rebecca smiled and ran off to do what she was told.  

After she had loaded up the dishwasher, she went to the bathroom to wash her hands, and she saw Lani standing there.

"Wanna play with me after I wash my hands?" she asked.  "I really didn't mean to be mean earlier.  I'm sure you'll be with your mom in no time.  Just think of this as your temporary place until things get normal at home again, okay?"

She walked into the bathroom past her to wash her hands.

While she washed, she told her what they could do.

"I have a tree house outside, and I have some stuff in my room we can play with....  Only if you want to."

Tom had noticed she had not come back by then, and went to look for her, seeing that Rebecca was trying to talk to her.

Leilani stepped aside so Rebecca could wash her hands. She didn’t know what to say to her. She didn’t really have friends at school so she didn’t have good social skills. She also had no idea how old Rebecca was or really anything about her.

When she saw Tom come back and approach her she looked up at him. “May I read?” She asked quietly. She didn’t want to play with Rebecca but also didn’t want to just sit and do nothing. While she still didn’t completely trust him, she was definitely relieved when she saw him coming again.

Charlotte got up and started cleaning up the rest of the table and the kitchen from cooking. 

Rebecca was sad that Lani asked to read when she offered to play with her, but she shrugged it off because now, she realized that the girl was really sad.  She probably just wanted her mommy back.  So, she went up to her room to get something to bring down to the living room to try to share with Lani, but she didn't have high hopes that she would.  She didn't even give Rebecca an answer about playing with her until daddy came, and she just asked to read.

Tom picked her up and nodded.  "Of course, honey.  Let's go sit in the living room together and you can either read one of the books I let you get, or I can read The Little House in the Big Woods to you."

Rebecca looked around her room and found her beads for bracelet making.  Maybe she would like to make a bracelet or necklace for her mom?

She came back to the living room, and saw here Lani was sitting.  She sat as close to her as possible on the floor and put a piece of string on her lap.  Then she started to examplify what to do by starting her own bracelet.  She decided she was going to try to get to know this little girl and right now, the only thing she could think of, was to do a craft together.

Lani realized she’d really have to get used to being carried around. Tom seemed to enjoy it and she didn’t want to argue.

She sat on the couch next to him and opened up the Harry Potter book he had given her to read. She had seen older kids read the books but had never tried them herself.

She stayed there content and silent in her reading for as long as Tom was next to her. She was aware Rebecca was on the floor nearby. She didn’t love the girl being so close, but she didn’t say anything.

After the kitchen was completely clean and Charlotte had finished the dishes, she glanced at the time.

“Time to get ready for bed kiddo.” She said to Rebecca as she walked into the living room. “Let me know if you need help with anything, otherwise I’ll be up to say goodnight.”

Rebecca looked up at her mom, and had tears in her eyes.  She frowned and picked up her stuff and took the string back that she put on Lani's lap.  Lani hadn't even gotten one bead.  She was so disappointed.  She didn't know what she had done wrong.  No one at school ever rejected her before, especially if she shared one of her treasures with them.  

She nodded.

"I'm tired." and it sounded a little moody.  A little anger was in there.  A little sadness.  Mostly just hurt that she was rejected.

Rebecca went up to her room feeling like she wished she had asked to stay the night with a friend.  It would have been a lot better than being around a child around her age that just didn't want anything to do with her.  He pulled off her shirt and her skirt and folded them neatly on her bed, and then looked for her nightie, which she then remembered, was on the new girl.

"...And... she's wearing my clothes," she said angrily to herself though to be honest, she wasn't mad about that.  It was just acknowledged because she was mad that she was rejected.  She hugged and got into bed in nothing but panties not feeling like looking to see what else of hers, the little girl that rejected her might have gotten.

She laid under the sheets because summer was so hot for warmer things at the moment, and she looked at the door waiting for her mom to come and tuck her in.

Tom, by contrast, let the little one read herself to sleep before he disturbed her.  He picked her up only after she started to fade, and started to get sleepy.  He took her to her room, slipped her into the sheets and pulled the heavier blanket up to her hand in case she got cold, and then went to Rebecca's room.

"Good night, sweetheart," he said to her.

"Night," irritability was still in her voice.

"What's wrong, honey?"

"Nothing."

"Okay.  I'm going to get some clothes to put the other girl in for tomorrow.  Her things are way too small for her and are really old."

"Whatever."

"Honey, you sound really upset," he pressed.

"I don't want to talk about it," and she turned away from him to wait for her mommy.

Charlotte could tell Rebecca was a little moody but she assumed it was just being tired.

Lani was a little confused when Tom let her keep reading after Charlotte said it was time for bed. She didn’t last too much longer though before she started to get tired.

She watched Tom leave her room after tucking her in. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d been tucked in. Once he was gone, she curled up and closed her eyes, falling asleep shortly after. It had been a long day for the little girl. She stayed completely asleep even after Tom brought fresh clothes for her.

Charlotte waited a little while and then went up to say goodnight. She kissed her daughter’s forehead gently. “Goodnight sweetheart.” She said softly, unsure if she was awake or asleep since she was turned away.

Rebecca just decided to let it all go for now.  Tomorrow was a new day, and they were going shopping.  Maybe she tried to rush the new girl.  She was told that the new girl was taken from her beloved mother, and she knew she would not be happy either if she was taken from her home, so when her mom came up to kiss her goodnight, she looked up at her.

"I'm sorry," she told her mom.  "I got mad at daddy and didn't say good night to him, but none of this is even the little orphan's fault, is it?  She's just in our place because her mom isn't able to take care of her right now?"  She wanted to have some approval by her mom, even if she sort of understood the little girl's feelings.

"Dad put my nightie on her.  I hope she doesn't guess what happened last week."

She sighed.  "She's younger than me, right?  Did daddy say we were going shopping?  Can I buy something, too?"

She finally rolled over when her mom left the room, again, and she went to sleep.

Tom walked to Rebecca's room just as Charlotte was walking away, and he smiled.

"Honey, there are some things that are not adding up.  Apparently, the little one thinks she's too old for toys, she doesn't have any clothes even fit her, and like I said earlier, surely if her mom was so poor, at least she could have asked for goodwill or something?  And she used a very big word that I don't even think Rebecca knows.  She said that it was arrogant for her to admit that she could read so well, and she didn't say it in a mean spirited way or anything.  I just don't know, but it feels like she was being made to grow up a little fast?"

He shook his head.  

"As I told you, she hasn't really started any trouble at all.  She didn't fight me on anything, and she said that she'd be good at the table, remember?  When she was talking about how her mom was going to get better, and the way she put it, I don't know, but it feels like she blames herself that she was taken away."

He frowned.

"Am I just overthinking it or hearing things differently than they are?  Oh, and none of her clothes are fit to wear, not only because they are so old, which is one thing, but they don't really fit her right, and they were frankly dirty with a half an attempt made by someone that doesn't know what they are doing to get the dirt off of them, but because they don't know what they are doing, the clothes are not really clean.  You can look in her bag if you want."

Tom was glad, that when he checked on her, he realized that she must have grabbed her clothes and taken them with her from the bathroom because he could have sworn that they had been left on the floor, and he knew how Charlotte didn't really like that.

"Don't you find it funny that they don't even cite any examples of her misbehavior in the file, but just say she does things with no specific story as proof?  You're a teacher, right?  Don't you usually tell your kids that they have to show examples of what they mean or it doesn't really convince people of their arguments in their papers?"

Charlotte sighed and sat on the edge of Rebecca’s bed. “It’s okay sweetie. It was an honest mistake. But she’s not an orphan. Orphan means you don’t have parents or a family. She has a mom still, she’s just very sick.”

“Lani doesn’t have clothes that fit her very well so that’s why Daddy did that. There’s no way she could guess about your accident I promise.”

“We’re going shopping tomorrow so she can get some things she needs. She’ll be eight next week. And we’ll see if you can get something.”

When Rebecca rolled over again, Charlotte left the room and turned out her light before going to her room.

She shrugged when Tom started talking to her. “Her mom has been sick for a while from what they made it seem like. Sometimes when kids grow up in poverty they have to grow up faster than they should. Maybe it’s a cultural difference too.”

“I think blaming herself is the most normal thing she’s done since she got here honestly. I imagine most kids especially at her age would do that. Plus I’m sure her other foster homes had something to do with that since they sent her back at the first sign of trouble.” She reasoned, really not seeing any issues unlike Tom.

“Her file has a lot of examples. I’m a little surprised they even wrote that much about her to begin with. I think you’re getting too emotionally attached to the poor girl to think clearly.” Charlotte said calmly. “Now I’m not saying we should send her back. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be keeping an eye on her in regards to her behavioral problems.”

Tom frowned.  

"Maybe you're right.  I can't help myself, I guess.  The little one seems so helpless and so worried she will never see her mother again.  I don't know how anyone could have just sent her away after only less than a day.  I mean, it's taken nearly all day for her to just open up to me.  How could they even know what she's thinking in the short time many of them had her?"

Tom smiled.

"I'll try to be a little more objective, but you know, it's getting really hard.  She seems like a little sweetie that probably just needs someone to take a chance on her."

Tom settled down to go to sleep.

The next morning, Rebecca had already changed her panties and put on a nice skirt and a pink and white nicer summer blouse to go shopping in, and then she wandered down to the living room to watch cartoons while she waited for her parents to get up.

She probably could have gotten cereal, but she normally liked to wait to see if mommy was going to make something special before she went for the cereal.

Charlotte got up around seven the next morning. She showered and headed downstairs after she got dressed for the day. “Morning sweetheart.” She said cheerfully as she headed into the kitchen to start on some eggs.

Lani woke up in a panic around seven thirty. She’d had a nightmare, like she had for the past week, and took a while to remember where she was. When she finally calmed down a little bit, she realized she’d wet the bed. Panicking and being scared, she climbed out of bed and looked around. She decided her best course of action was to make her bed as she usually would to hide the soaked sheets. Afterwards she got changed into the clothes Tom had set out for her. She hid the wet nightgown and underwear under the bed. It was only then she remembered the chicken nuggets from the day before, so she shoved those under the bed too.

Once she was dressed, she quietly crept outside her room and shut the door. Not knowing what to do or where she was allowed to go, she decided to just stand outside her door until she got told otherwise. 

Rebecca peeked up from her cartoons, and smiled when she saw her mommy going to the kitchen.

She yawned and got up and walked towards the kitchen rubbing a little bit of tiredness from her eyes.

"I didn't have any problems last night," he told her mom.  "I was sort of wondering if I can add to my beads again.  They are getting a little low, and I wanted to make some bracelets for my team."

She suddenly put her hand over her mouth and ran off to the toilet downstairs.

Tom woke up closer to eight liking the chance to sleep in.  He had taken a few days off of work specifically so he could get their foster child accustomed to their home before going back to work, and so as it was Friday, and he didn't have to be back until next Monday, he had plenty of time, he hoped, to get Lani used to the family.

He walked out in his pajamas, and saw the little one sitting in front of her door.

"Sweetheart, have you been to the bathroom yet?" he asked her.

He reached down to lend her a hand to help her up.

"You can go on down to the living room when you wake up, sweetheart.  Rebecca nearly always gets up early and watches cartoons, sweetheart."

He bent down to her, and somehow feeling she was a little shy and quiet this morning, he just lifted her up and carried her down the stairs with him.

"Morning Becks.  Morning Charlotte.  Guess who I found sitting all alone outside her room?"

He put Lani down in the kitchen, and looked over at Charlotte.

"So, I figure we bathe the kids after breakfast and be ready to go shopping by eleven.  By then, most of the rush hour should have dispersed with people going to work."

Charlotte smiled. “I’m so glad!” She said cheerfully. She knew that Rebecca took her accidents really hard, so she tried to be as supportive as possible. “I’ll talk to Daddy and see if we can’t get you some.” She didn’t want to promise getting her daughter anything but didn’t want her feeling left out either. She was going to remind her that they were shopping for Leilani, but she had run off.

Lani looked up at Tom and couldn’t help but feel embarrassed when he asked if she’d gone to the bathroom. Her cheeks felt warmer suddenly and she wondered if he somehow knew what happened.

She was a little surprised to be carried downstairs, but she was starting to get used to it. Maybe Tom wasn’t so scary after all. She even kind of liked all the affection he gave her, she couldn’t remember ever having been given so much affection at home.

She looked up at him when she was set down, unsure what to do other than just stay where she was. She still didn’t trust Charlotte and Rebecca.

“That sounds like a plan. We can probably get everything we need at Target. Maybe you can get her to tell you what kind of food she likes to eat too.” Charlotte agreed. She dished out some eggs and toast to everyone, trying not to be affected when Lani didn’t say anything to her. 

Tom took Lani by the hand and walked her over to the table and nodded at the seat he tried to start her in the night before, just before the big misunderstanding.

"Would you please sit here, and wait to be given some breakfast?" he asked her.  "I want to talk to Becks and see how she's feeling, honey."

"Do you know where Rebecca is?" he asked Charlotte when he looked around and didn't see her.  "I want to have a few words with her before she has breakfast this morning, you know, just to stop any misunderstandings."

Rebecca had made it to the bathroom just in time, and was glad her panties weren't wet.  She washed up and started to come out of the bathroom....

Lani nodded and climbed into the chair as she was told. She frowned a bit when she saw him walk away, leaving her alone with Charlotte. The little girl swallowed hard and stared at her lap, squirming anxiously in her seat as she tried to behave herself. She was struggling not to immediately when the food was in front of her, but she didn’t want to make Charlotte mad at her.

“She went to the bathroom.” Charlotte said with a nod in the direction. She smiled at Lani and tried to talk to her a bit, but gave up when she was only met with silence. 

Tom walked back just as Rebecca came out of the bathroom.

"Walk with me," he took her up towards her room.  "I know that you are having to guess at things, but remember, Lani is in a very difficult situation right now, and things might easily trigger her, honey."

Rebecca nodded.  "Trigger?"

"Yeah.  You know, make her upset quickly or cause drama that most kids would just let go of.  She's in a strange house, with strange people she doesn't know, and she's been ripped from her home, and she really wants her mommy back, so please think before you say something, okay?"

Rebecca nodded.  "I... I'll try."

"If you are nice and understanding through the shopping, we'll get you something before we leave the store.  How is that?"

"How about some beads?  Mommy said maybe when I asked, but I think she wanted to make sure it was okay with you or maybe wanted to check the money or something."

"I'll talk to mommy, but if she is okay with it, then yeah, we can get you some beads for your set."

Rebecca nodded.

"How about just being quiet at the table towards Lani until she tries to talk to you?"

"Okay, but I can't say anything?"

"Nothing that has to do with her, honey.  You can talk to mommy about yourself though like you always do."

"Okay."

He took her by the hand and started to walk her back down to the kitchen.  "After you eat, I want you to get a bath, honey.  I'll give Lani one in our bathroom so you'll have the bathroom free."

"Okay."

They got to the table, and Rebecca sat where she did the night before, between mommy and Lani, and Tom sat on the other side of Rebecca between Charlotte and Lani.

Lani was relieved when Tom came back. She wanted to climb into his lap, but she was too big for that, and she saw Rebecca get told no the night before. Plus she couldn’t be showing any vulnerability around Charlotte or Rebecca. When everyone else started to eat, she finally did too.

Charlotte could tell Rebecca was still tense and she couldn’t blame her. It was hard adjusting to Lani, and Rebecca was still a child.

Wanting to cheer her up, she decided to make conversation. “Becca is doing really well in soccer!” She said cheerfully. “She might get to play on the team when school starts.”

"Wonderful," Tom said smiling.  "That a way, little tiger, go get it!"

Rebecca smiled and blushed, but it was a happy little blush.  She looked over at Lani, but seeing that she looked kind of scared, she turned back to mommy.  "And I'll be in a very important position!  I'll be in the midfield, but playing the middle defense, to guard the goal!  Cool, right?"

Tom smiled.

He looked over at Lani and could see she looked really stiff.

"Lani, come here if you want, sweetie," he called to her.  "Do you want me to hold you while you eat, sweetie?"

When Rebecca was around seven, he used to hold her if she was fussy to get her to eat, so to him, it was second nature to offer to coddle a scared little one.  

"Oh, Charlotte, I know that Rebecca is going to be on her best behavior today while we are shopping, and if she is, I've told her I'd talk to you about getting her some more beads.  She told me you already said you'd think about it, so I figure if she's patient while we are shopping for Lani, then it would only be right she get something, too?"

“Very cool!” Charlotte agreed. She nodded at Tom and smiled. “That sounds like a good plan.”  

Lani stiffened and sat up straight. She shook her head quickly and finished her food, scared she was in trouble.

When everyone had finished eating, Charlotte stood up to clear the table. “Why don’t you go take your bath and get dressed sweetie. Then we can head out.” She said with a smile.

Once everything was cleaned up and Tom had come back downstairs, Charlotte quickly finished getting ready.

Lani frowned again when Tom left. She stayed silent in her seat while Charlotte cleaned up. When he finally returned, Lani couldn’t help but run up to him and hug his leg. She didn’t say anything, but she was clearly starting to attach herself to Tom. 

Rebecca nodded when she was told to go get her bath, and she ran up while Tom collected himself behind her.

When he was done, he peeked in on his daughter to make sure she was okay, and saw that she had on a pair of shorts and a Tshirt with Bugs Bunny on it saying "What's up, Doc?"

They walked down together, and when little Lani ran to him to hug his leg, he reached down and picked her up.

"How about we try to go potty?" he asked Lani.  "Speaking of which, Becks, did you try yet?"

Rebecca shook her head no and ran to the toilet downstairs.  She had just gone before breakfast, but she was used to her parents' rules so she didn't argue about trying.  Besides, she didn't want to wet her pants in front of the new girl.

Tom carried the little one to the upstairs bathroom and putting her down by the toilet, he rubbed her arm.  "Do you want me to leave the bathroom so you can do it on your own?" he asked her.

He was wearing a red and black plaid shirt and a pair of blue jeans.  "The little one is going to need a few things so she can survive for a while.  She said she's not really attached to anything, so I'd like to just throw her old things out since they are so dingy, I would be embarrassed to even donate them to goodwill," he told Charlotte once they were in the car.

They were soon pulling into Target, and then Tom looked around to the children in back.

"Becks, stay with us, and please don't point out a bunch of stuff.  We are here because Lani has nothing to wear except your clothes, which are too big for her."

Rebecca nodded.

"And if you are good, I think mommy agreed, we'll get you some more beads, honey, and maybe something else, too."

Rebecca smiled and nodded.  "Okay."

Then he got out and went around to get Lani out.

Rebecca took off her seatbelt, but waited for mommy to open her door.

Lani blushed when Tom took her to the bathroom. She was scared he somehow knew she wet the bed and that’s why he was asking. She didn’t put up a fuss however and slid off the overall straps and pulled down her underwear before sitting on the toilet. She only managed to get a few drops out before looking up at him, unsure if she could get up or not. Once he said it was okay, she wiped and washed her hands obediently.

In the car, Lani stayed quiet as usual and felt embarrassed overhearing Tom and Charlotte talk about her clothes. She let Tom get her out of the car without protest, being a bit too uncoordinated and weak to unbuckle herself without great effort. She was slowly getting more and more comfortable around Tom and really starting to enjoy his affection.

Charlotte opened the back door on Rebecca’s side and headed inside. “Do you want to help push the cart?” She asked Rebecca, wanting to include her even if she wasn’t getting much. Once they had a cart, she turned to Tom. “I think shoes are a good place to start, how about you?”