LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need a Pacifier Advice

ppdude

Rearz has a great selection, and the ones that look the most like a good old fashioned pacifier are also their cheapest - they're like $4 each. Which is good, because you want to have a bunch of them if you're going to use them with any frequency - you want to be able to clean them and let them dry or else they will start to smell like mildew, basically. The Rearz size 6 adult pacifier is the one I'm referring to - it's easy to take apart and clean thoroughly and put back together. 

I like the size of them because the nipple is long enough that the shield doesn't put pressure on my teeth. I used to try and use toddler pacifiers in the 18-36 months size, but the nipple wasn't long enough so there was a constant inward pressure on the shield. Basically, if your teeth start to ache after a couple of days, your pacifier may eventually alter the shape of your dental arcade. I sleep with one every night, so for me, fit was important. In 5 years, my teeth haven't been affected. 

Rearz also makes a size 10 pacifier under the Fixx moniker, but I find those huge - to me it's like trying to fall asleep with a banana in your mouth. Which, granted, maybe some people enjoy, but for me, it wasn't comfortable.  

• Like 2
On 11/29/2023 at 8:51 PM, Little Sherri said:

Rearz has a great selection, and the ones that look the most like a good old fashioned pacifier are also their cheapest - they're like $4 each. Which is good, because you want to have a bunch of them if you're going to use them with any frequency - you want to be able to clean them and let them dry or else they will start to smell like mildew, basically. The Rearz size 6 adult pacifier is the one I'm referring to - it's easy to take apart and clean thoroughly and put back together. 

I like the size of them because the nipple is long enough that the shield doesn't put pressure on my teeth. I used to try and use toddler pacifiers in the 18-36 months size, but the nipple wasn't long enough so there was a constant inward pressure on the shield. Basically, if your teeth start to ache after a couple of days, your pacifier may eventually alter the shape of your dental arcade. I sleep with one every night, so for me, fit was important. In 5 years, my teeth haven't been affected. 

Rearz also makes a size 10 pacifier under the Fixx moniker, but I find those huge - to me it's like trying to fall asleep with a banana in your mouth. Which, granted, maybe some people enjoy, but for me, it wasn't comfortable.  

Well, I followed your advice and bought two Rearz Size 6 Safari style with lanyard from Amazon. They were $20 which means they were about $8 each which is not a bad deal. If I like it, the next purchase will be a trifecta -- two Elpaka pacifiers, an Elpaka onsie, and a case of the Elpaka diapers. Won't that be cute?

• Like 2

Thanks @Little Sherri -- just what the docctor ordered.

They came yesterday and are fabulous!!! Very high quality size 6 Safari print. Two of them, each with its own high quality lanyard. They came in a high quality plastic storage box. Can't stop sucking on it. Very impressed. Signed up on their website too as I took advantage of $10 onesies.

Th