LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

More Diapers than average..

What's the average? I did the math. If I wore an average of 4 diapers a day, every day, 365 days a year, for the first four years of my life, that comes out to 5840 diapers.

What I find kind of interesting is that in my many years of wearing, I have easily exceeded that number by multiple orders of magnitude. Forget the many boxes of a dozen Toddler size Pampers I would buy as a teen and sneak into the house; forget the few times I was able to sneak the king size jumbo boxes of 48 Toddler Pampers into the house. I remember buying off brand adult diapers, early on. .. Higgs is one name that comes to mind (long gone, now), and some other ones from a company called Whitestone in New Jersey. And by the 80's, those pink and blue plastic packs of Attends. I remember when Attends first came out, they were in blue boxes and had a weird plastickey interior, and although they did not have that fantastic Pampers smell, they did have a somewhat appealing scent to them.

So for many years, living on my own, it would be case after case of those Attends. And after Paper-Pak put an end to their run of those 'relatively quality' diapers, there was a period of time where I could not get any adult diaper that I thought would work as well, or be quite as enjoyable. Man, I'm so glad I was SO wrong.

Was it some time around 2012 or so when the Diaper Renaissance began? Was it Bambinos I first got? Maybe it was Fabines? Some company that doesn't exist anymore? My memory is hazy, but I was definitely wearing and purchasing the new AB style diapers almost as soon as they were available. Even the medical style diaper companies seemed to be making even greater and better diapers. The cases and cases of Abena diapers I went through when they were still mostly top notch. I should probably be ashamed at how many diapers I have used overall, and yet, because I've enjoyed them so much, I'm really not.

Not everyone has this urge, but if you're like me (and I've certainly noticed that some of us are), having a huge collection of many different kinds of diapers is vastly appealing. Just the thought that I'm going to have to use them all - such a baby! I think my entire diaper count at one point was about 500+, the multiple cases forming a kind of giant diaper altar in my basement, at which I have been all to happy to worship at, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend. Maybe she's jealous? If she would just try one, she wouldn't have to be.

So yes, I do love diapers, and it has been an interesting ride. I love all the excellent choices we have nowadays, and I'm glad the younger crowd has choices that I never did. I will never stop wearing and enjoying diapers, and I really hope you all do the same. It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there, because for many of my early years, it did feel that way.

So with my childhood included, mm, maybe 30,000? Easily, 25,000+. It's really just a guess though. It could very well be more. Perhaps I'll take some time one day and do a really deep dive into an entirely giant pile of diapers.

I really hope this sounds like a rant, instead of a brag. Will be interested in what people have to say about their usage. In the meantime Happy Holidays and the Merriest of Thick Diapers to you, one and all. Peace.

• Like 2

This was interesting to read - thanks for sharing. I was in diapers "full time" as a kid until I was about 3-4, but I wore them to bed until I was 10 (this was the 1980's so pull-ups didn't exist yet). I took a long hiatus after my stash of homemade cloth diapers was found by my stepfather, and he yelled at me in front of my family about it, when I was about 13. It took over 20 years for "this" to come back - I found a picture of myself in one of my mom's photo albums, standing in front of the Christmas tree in a diaper, when I was maybe 6 or 7, and within a couple of days of seeing that, I'd gone out and bought some youth pull-ups that I could barely squeeze into. Next, I bought the adult disposables that were available in stores - so, garbage, basically - but they worked for the few hours here and there that I could wear them. Eventually, I went looking for adult cloth diapers, and decided to Google it... and then I discovered Rearz existed, which absolutely blew my mind. I literally thought I was alone on an island of one, and then one day I discovered a city on the other side of a hill, basically. I couldn't believe that there was a whole industry dedicated to "this". Rearz used to have a storefront, and I went there and bought diapers in cash - back then they sold a bunch of brands, Bambino, Abena, BetterDry, others, as well as their own products. 

Eventually, I knew that I wanted diapers to be part of my lifestyle fulltime, and 4.5 years ago, I went 24/7. Right now, I have about 10 cases in my basement, much to my wife's chagrin, but I like to have options - different situations call for different diaper. I have my "daily drivers" and some that are splurges, and then thinner gym diapers. However, as you said, every time I add a case to my inventory, I say to myself, "Well, that's another three weeks I'll be in diapers." It's comforting knowing they're down there, even if the expansion of my collection irks my spouse on occasion. Our house is full of her stuff - I get to have a corner of the basement (and a drawer in my dresser) for diapers! 

If I had to guess at how many I've worn in my life... hmmm... I average 2-3 per day, most days, and on occasion, 4. 

So, let's say, your 5840 number by the time I was 4, and then, another 6.5 years of wearing Pampers at night - that would be 2372. Sprinkle in a few more - the odd time, I'd wear one during the day, on vacations and such. Let's say 2500. Then, there were the two or three dozen cases I bought when I was wearing them in secret, once I came back to diapers - maybe that adds up to 1000 diapers over the course of several years. Now, the 4.5 (actually, 4.75 now - I started in March 2019) years of 24/7, at 3 per day, add up to... 5201. 

5840 - babyhood

2500 - childhood

6201 - adulthood

= 14,541 - let's say 15,000 for a round number. I'm sure I used more than 4 a day when I was a really young baby - the disposables didn't last 12 hours back then, they were like plastic bags with wadded up tissue in them. Wow. 15,000 diapers. Well, 15001 - I'll be changing the one I'm in before I go to bed! 

Happy Holidays - cheers. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the maths and the reply! As I suspected, I think many of us here who share this hobby/fetish (whatever you want to call it) have probably surpassed the numbers of diapers used as infants, provided we had the opportunity, ability or cash reserves.

Respect for the 24/7 choice, and I have to say I’ve been a fan of Rearz diapers for years. The opportunity to visit them when they had a storefront and multiple brands sounds pretty fun. Just one of the many advantages of being Canadian I guess.

I am struck with the entertaining fantasy of our SO’s meeting up and having a chat about how much their partner enjoys diapers and spends on them. I’m sure they would have much to talk about and kvetch. It would probably be good for them! Still, I’m happy that you found someone understanding, as have I. It does tend to make our diaper wearing proclivities much more comfortable, even if we would appreciate it even more if they were actively involved in some way.

Of course, I’m only assuming your situation is similar to mine, based on your reply. Sure sounds a little bit similar. I keep trying to get her in diapers, and have succeeded on a few occasions. I do try to do it in a playful and kind way, and definitely avoid being annoying about it. She still loves me, diapers and all. I guess I must be doing at least a few things right. But the journey isn’t over yet, so maybe there’s still hope.

Thanks again for the reply. I was starting to worry my post wasn’t interesting enough to warrant any.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, billyshpilkis said:

I am struck with the entertaining fantasy of our SO’s meeting up and having a chat about how much their partner enjoys diapers and spends on them. I’m sure they would have much to talk about and kvetch. It would probably be good for them!

This is an interesting concept. I wonder if my wife would want to talk to somebody about being in her shoes - having a diapered husband. It might be good for her! Although you have to be careful about the law of unintended consequences - maybe they would subsequently divorce us both after deciding together that we're idiots, and then you and I could live together in a van while we make mortgage payments on the houses we used to live in...

By the time I learned to count in first grade, I was already out of diapers, therefore had no idea how many diapers or diaper changes I went through since I was born.  I know I always wore cloth diapers and plastic pants, so except for the initial purchase and maybe replacing worn diapers or getting some larger ones, the costs remained low except for laundry soap and the electricity and water to run the washer and dryer if it was too cold to hang the diapers out on the clothesline.  That and the Gerber plastic pants my mom would buy in the grocery store when some of mine reached the end of their lifespan.