LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Modifying a Pacifier?

puffy_bottom

Hey folks, I got replacement Size 8 teats for my Size 6 pacifiers during the Pacifier Addict sale. Now that I've installed one I've found that the seal is TOO good on the guard and it doesn't breathe so it doesn't have air flow and collapse when I suck on it. I see that in the guide (https://pacifieraddict.com/pacifier-guide/) PA says they need to be modified to work. While they worked just fine on the Size 6, I'm not sure what I need to do to modify them to work better. How do I get some air flow in this thing? Do I modify the guard?

Maybe drill a small hole in the button? don't know if that'll work but it might let some air out

To be honest if it's a size 6 guard and size 8 teats maybe the teats are just too big to fit.

Can you get a refund? if so maybe get rid of the teats and get the full size 8 pacifier that's ready to go out the box without having to modify anything.

• Like 1

I think all you should have to do is cut a small notch into the rim of the silicone, or trim around it very carefully, just so it's a slightly less tight seal. That is if you don't want to permanently modify the guard. If you do, then again a notch cut into the inner rim of the button ought to do it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I've switched all my pacis over to these nipples now. They are way more comfortable in my mouth which is mostly a product of how they sit with my teeth. All it took was cutting/ shaving away some of the plastic on the button to give more room for air to come and go. So not cutting away at the teat but the button that worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to answer but the owners of pacifieraddict.com is Rearz.ca  if you contact them they might have a suggestion to help you out. 

I really couldn't answer the question with absolute certainty though because I use the Fixx pacis as they are the best fit for my mouth. 

I can tell you how the fixx paci is able to function properly though the button that ring goes in has a slot built into the mold to allow air in and out. 

My guess would be if you bent the end of a paper clip to just past the thickness of the new nipples and you heat it with a lighter and pressed it slightly into the button part it would act the same as the fixx paci's botton and leave the modification hidden.

A couple of notes to keep in mind with this idea and method though are.

If the sheild and button are a transparent color I would not try it because heating a metal paperclip with a lighter tends to leave a black soot on the metal that will melt into the plastic and be visable. 

Also if you press the paperclip too hard it will go strait threw the back of the button which should be avoided as you are melting a air channel into the back of the button part of the paci. 

My answer is just what I would try if it were me as putting a hole in the back just wouldn't look right in my opinion and after looking at the design of the fixx paci it seems like the best idea as it wouldn't lessen the integrity of the nipples and make them prone to need replacement faster. 

However please remember this is just what I would try if I were in the same situation and not a answer from Rearz who might have a better solution than mine. 

Edited by KPAXOR1987
Grammer and spelling