LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Genuine Continence issue question to induce leakage as well as butt plug

partially in a wheelchair.

I have Bladder retention and leakage and over-sensory issues with the bladder (I also have autism) as well as issues with slight leakage and severe constipation of the bowels.

Public Urologist has no confidence in how to treat me he expressed to me and my Support worker (who is also a nurse) I see my Continence Nurse early next month for a follow-up

I am wondering

Are there any reusable anal plugs to keep prescribed suppositories in for the required 30mins due to bowel issues due to spinal signal issues?

Also looking at an Indwelling catheter to drain into diapers like a temporary stent (to stop the over-sensory issues and retention) I do not want a bag as I am mostly mobile as well as a bag gets twisted as well as pee can escape around the catheter as well as I can't self-cath due to disabilities incl Essential tremors in my hand which are too extreme.

A previous Public Urologist stated years ago they can't do anything as they could make the leakage or retention worse hence the idea of induced incontinence as well as making myself physically and psychologically sick with dehydration as water aggravates the overstimulation of my bladder hence I drink mostly Pepsi max or coke zero with is damaging me teeth etc

As it is these issues are really affecting me mentally to the point of thoughts of Self Harm (don't worry I won't as I have a fur baby that keeps me on my toes and hasn't had a depressive episode in years) as really who would want to really piss themselves but I think would be the healthier option ( a means to an end )overall if it allows me to drink more fluids including water (replacing caffeine etc) I have also mentioned this to my psychologist and psychiatrist as I also have Bipolar and Autism so it affects both and also mentioned it to Urologist (in writing but ignored my concerns and symptoms as well as my Continence Nurse has been sympathetic with me and I have emailed her.

Has anyone done this if so any recommendations

TIA

• 1 month later...

In relation to bladder issues:-

Any medical intervention either opens the sphincter or closes same. As a result, the retention issue will get worse OR, the opposite, it defeats the bodies defense mechanism and makes you suseptible to infection - urinary tract / bladder / kidneys. This would include using indwelling catheters also. Intermittent catherization has been dismissed as not only due to your hand control, it is difficult, it also will damage linings which would be source of infection.

If you want, you may be a candidate for hypnosis in order to regress to infantile voiding behaviour - and that would mean diapers also. This, your team may not have considered. Increasing consumtion of carbonated fluids (Coke etc) has the secondary effect of increasing ones need to void, but as you know, it does not help teeth. This tells me that your team wants this, but may not have considered diapers as most medical / urological teams percieve diapers and their usage as a failure. With you, I wouldn't think so.

In relation to bowel issues:-

Diapers would be functional to contain leakage, but you have a weak anal sphincter which prevents you holding even medication in your bowels for the prescribed 30 minutes.

I would suspect the the two symptoms - bladder over retention and bowel leakage to be related - and it to be one of the muscles in your lower abdomen. This should be repairable by surgery - but I'd also suspect that your team is reluctant to do that incase in decreases your continence to such an extent that you become diaper dependant - which they see as failure.

It might be a good idea for you to communicate to your team that diaper dependence to you is not a failure, and would be an improvement in life. It is all in how you deal with this, and what you want.

Bladder retention can be surgically addressed but the risks include continous leakage. Bowel leakage can be surgically addressed, but long term leakage means weak sphincters which involves toilet training the individual - if that is possible. It is all about what you want, and quality of life. Is there a way to improve your quality of life - yes, but you need to decide which way you want to go, and discuss same with your team.