LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Went Over To The Dark Side

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

I started wearing external caths with a bag!

Yes I know this is a Diaper Board but:

I need to not wear for a few days and get a rest from diapers.It gets old wetting them changing them and getting a rash. and wetting them and having to have to carry stuff to change and find a place to change. so staying wet till ya can. I posted {high jacked a thread} if ther was any helth problems with the use of external caths. Since there are health problems with internal ones!

I think maybe since I already got 3 PMs now I should post a thread on them.

I found that the laytex ones are not as comfortable since they are a thicker cath no the laytex does not bother me.

I am using the Mentor brands freedom clear non laytex full lenth not the SS{short ones}

It is just like sticking a condom on but it has stickey glue on the inside. Then ya put a hose on the tip and connecet the bag to the hose.

I did get the extra cost 2" wide velcro bands the 1/2-3/4" ones that came with the bags were uncomfortable.

You do have the wear a boxer or boxer brief with then since the condom goes on then the hose out the botton and the bag on the leg.

Man I realy like them. Pure freedom. I can have a small leak or a full blown accident and with no wet diaper to have to change while out on the town. Just go into a bathroom and empty it when I find one. And no hurry to do so.

You can wear the condom caths for 24 hours! So put one on after a bath or shower and then wear it till the next bath or shower. They will also give ya a free starter kit if ya call them and ask.

http://www.urology.coloplast.com/bladder-c...l-catheters.htm

Guest dodgedart

Now with the external catether do you have to stick anything inside your urine hole like the internal?

No it is a Condom Cath just like a Trojen condom but with glue on the inside so it stays put and a nipple on the end for a hose.

Look at the link.

I posted this figureing it may be of help to those here since they also give a free weeks supply if ya call them on the phone.

Just wait untill the glue starts to break down your skin. VERY painfull.

The wonderfull doctors thought the condom cath was the best thing since apple pie when

I became incon. After about 3 weeks I could not use it becase of the rashs and skin breakdown.

Took almost 2 weeks to heal.

I was in the hospital the intire time so I was monitored, changed and cleaned by nurses.

Even after I started to break down, the Dr wanted to keep trying to use them. It took the nurses

refusing to place it for the Dr to change his orders to use Diapers.

Good luck, Stay clean, change often. :)

In my opinion, using a catether with a bag, is pure evil!! You said you went over to the dark side? When you actually dare to say outright that you have used an external catether, you have not merely ventured over to the dark side, you have an intimate liaison with Satan!!! God loathe catethers, it is the invention of demons. Amen! Cheeers!! :beer:

A leg bag and condom was my first thing to try-I hated it and it hated me :badmood:

The glue was like super glue and was an extremely painfull and laborious task to remove and then I got an infection from the glue as I had become sensitised to it ! Just as Necare says-it really is a date with Satan in my book.

The relief when my wife said use "Nappies" (or in her words Pads) was immense for more than one reason :D:):beer::horse:

So-goodby leg bags and hello Nappies. :):groupwave:

Hi Everyone, I have been incontinent (urinary ) for nearly five years now.

For the first three years I used pads and pullups to manage condition.

I have a active job, always running around and have always found pullups and pads

hard work while at work.

Full pads with decent absorbancy ie Molicare super plus, are bulky and very warm to work in.

The would cause you to sweat the sweat would make the molicare wet and it would start to cling

to you while walking ect.

This would never feel comfortable, and a big problem was that after a mornings moving around the molicare would split from top to bottom at the back across youre bum.

First couple of times this happened I had a large wet patch on my trousers at the rear and diaper stuffing and wet gel woking it's way down my legs.

This happens long before the pad is anywhere near it absorbant capacity.

Next I tried good quality pullups, they are far better for wearing while working and moving around.

They don't get as warm as full pads so you don't sweat as much.

The problem with pullups is their absorbant capacity, the won't hold much and will start to leak.

Using plastic pants with pullups just brings back heavy sweating and if you leak into the pants it

just moves around it them waiting to become a bigger leak when you move the right way.

This meant three somtimes four changes in a normal 10 hour working day.

This becomes very tiresome when you have this process everyday.

After three years of diapers 24/7 I eventually was offered the condom shieth and leg bag system to try.

I was very concious of it for the first few days and was always scared that the shieth would fall off.

One thing I learned very fast is that the area where the shieth fits should always be clean shaven!

Yes removal of the shieth can be a bit traumatic at times they do get a good hold.

The problem some people have with allergies and skin conditions using the shieths can somtimes

be due their skin being soft in that area.

I had been using diapers for three years constantly before trying this so had many rashes ect and think that my skin has maybey hardened up a bit in this area.

I often get skin irritation on my legs from the straps on the legbag, when this occurs I change sides

with the bag till it settles down.

The advantages for me during the day is Less diaper rash, I smell better to others, and as long as you remmember to empty the bag when required you just use the bag almost without thinking about it.

I have to add though it don't work for me at nightime, I am restless sleeper and anytime I've tried this system at night I had big leaks and wet beds.

I still use molicare's and pants at night.

If you are incontinent and are offered this system, I would personnaly recommend that you give it a fair trial because it's a better system than diapers / nappies for daytime wear.

Since becoming incontinent I have also become a D/L so love my nappies and plastic pants

so I reckon I have the best of both worlds, freedom during the day and diapers at night. -- John.

The texas caths I used to have were kind of a loose condom and a separate piece of double sided tape of all things to secure it. One trick, make sure you keep your pubes away from the tape/adhesive. That was the only painful part :)