LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another Foster (Private)

“See? It’s okay.” Sarah said cheerfully when Kaley walked away. 

Kaley continued building for a while before she responded to Alex. “Box.” She said shortly. Each of her boxes were one color and were arranged in rainbow order over and over again. She occasionally glanced up at Alex, making sure he was still there but also not moving closer. After quite a while of playing, she started to rub her eyes, sucking on a corner of her quilt while she started to slowly rock forward and back. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You look like you're getting sleepy. Let's start getting ready for bed" Alex suggested as he fought the urge to cringe at the sight of her sucking on the dirty quilt. He made a mental note to discuss it with Sarah later and see if they could come up with a better solution for the girl.

Kaley silently stood up and started walking out of the playroom. She wasn’t sure where things were exactly, but she thought she could get to the stairs. Once upstairs, she wandered off down the hall, vaguely remembering where the room she had been dressed after the bath was. 

Once halftime started, Sarah flipped off the TV and turned to Rocky. “Ready to brush our teeth for bed kiddo?”

Alex followed Kaley. Let's brush your teeth and go potty first," he suggested, putting a hand on her shoulder and steering her towards the bathroom where he found a new kids' toothbrush in a drawer. He squeezed some fruit-flavored toothpaste on it, wet it, and offered it to her. 

"Aww, mommy, can't I just watch the whole game?" Rocky begged, though she knew what the answer would be. "It's summer! No school tomorrow!"

Kaley let herself be steered with no protest. The girl was too tired and exhausted to put up a fight over things she didn’t see as important. When offered, she took the toothbrush and paused before putting it in her mouth. She moved it around though she didn’t really know what to do beyond that. Her teeth would not get clean this way but she was never taught, and was a bit too clumsy to figure it out innately. 

“Nope, sorry honey.” Sarah said firmly but still gentle. “Let’s get our pajamas on and brush our teeth. We can watch the rest later on recording if you’d like.” Alex and Sarah had set it up to record any new soccer game that aired that they could, wanting Rocky to have as many chances to watch them, and to ensure there was always something on to help the girl calm down. 

Alex picked Kaley up and sat her on the counter. "Here, let me help," he ordered gently, and took the toothbrush from her. He slowly brushed all her teeth, explaining what he was doing the entire time. When he was done he handed her a paper cup of water to rinse.

"Ooo-kay," Rocky said with an eyeroll, but she was too tired to put up much of a fight. She hopped off Sarah's lap and raced upstairs, scurrying past the bathroom when she saw Kaley in there with Alex. In her room she shed her clothes and dropped them in the hamper by the door before grabbing an Underjam from a bag in the closet and her favorite dinosaur pajamas from the dresser. She was already stepping into the nighttime diaper by the time Sarah caught up with her.

Kaley let Alex brush her teeth for her. She rinsed her mouth out and spit into the sink when prompted. She rubbed her eyes and went back to sucking on her quilt. She was exhausted after such a long and confusing day. Within 12 hours she was taken away from her father, brought to her office by a social worker, and then dropped into a brand new house with complete strangers. She just wanted to go to sleep. 

“Wow! Someone’s a little speed demon tonight.” Sarah laughed as she caught up to her daughter, taking note of Alex and Kaley in the bathroom. “Do you want any help with your pajamas?” She asked, seeing Rocky already getting the diaper on for bed. “And while we wait for Daddy and Kaley why don’t you pick out a book for me to read to you tonight?”

With teeth brushed, Alex set Alley on the floor, then pulled down her underwear and sat her on the toilet. "Why don't you go potty," he suggested, realizing she hadn't gone since her arrival. "Then we'll get you nice and comfy in bed."

Rocky finished getting dressed and picked out a book. "This one," she declared, presenting Sarah with her favorite comfort book - Danny and the Dinosaur.

Kaley squirmed uncomfortably on the toilet, but didn’t protest being placed on it. After a while of sitting, staring off into space, and sucking on her quilt, she was able to get a small amount of pee out. She fumbled for the toilet paper and clumsily wiped herself before mumbling quietly around the blanket. “Done.”

“Great! Now let’s go brush your teeth and try to go potty.” Sarah said when she heard Alex and Kaley head down the hall. She ushered the girl towards the bathroom. 

"Would you like to read a story before bed?" Alex asked as he turned down the covers. "There are a few books on the shelf over there, or you can pick one from Raquel's room. It's right across the hall."

Rocky bounced down the hall, hopped up on her step stool, and brushed her teeth before using the toilet. Even though she managed a full void, there was a slim chance of her waking up dry. She had poor interoception, due to the sensory processing disorder, and had struggled with toilet training as a result, only getting out of diapers during the day shortly after turning four - and she had never been dry at night aside from the rare night here and there. Even during the day she still had trouble if she was overwhelmed or over stimulated - with everything else going on in her head it wad easy to miss the signals that her bladder or bowels were full.

Kaley didn’t respond, she climbed into the bed and kept a careful eye on Alex. Sitting straight up in bed wasn’t enough to keep her from dozing off, her eyelids getting heavier and heavier. She was clearly exhausted but trying to stay awake. She was too wary of Alex to simply curl up and go right to sleep. 

Once Raquel was finished, Sarah tucked her into bed and kissed her head. She sat on the edge of the bed and started reading the story to her, glancing up every now and then to see if the girl had fallen asleep. 

With a sigh Alex pulled the covers up, turned on a nightlight, and crept out of the room. He peeked in Rocky's room and saw his daughter nodding off as Sarah read to her. He headed to the master suite and changed into his pajamas while he waited for his wife.

Rocky managed to make it through the whole book, clutching her plush stegosaurus, but was out like a light by the time Sarah tucked her in.

As soon as Alex was gone, Kaley was out like a light. She laid down and curled up, her mouse tight under her arm and her blanket in her mouth. Almost the instant her head hit her pillow she was fast asleep. 

Sarah tucked Rocky in again and turned out the main light, leaving the girl’s night light on. She quietly shut the door and headed back to the master bedroom, relieved to see Alex, assuming that meant Kaley was asleep. “How’d bedtime go with Kaley?” She asked hesitantly as she changed into her own pajamas. 

Alex shrugged. "She acted like she's never brushed her teeth before, sucks on her quilt, and barely said two words. Didn't want a bedtime story and practically fell asleep sitting up. So, you know...not great. How's Rocky handling things?"

Sarah sighed. “Well I guess two words are better than none…I’m sure things will improve the longer she stays.” She said hopefully, having only heard the girl say ‘no’. “Rocky is…struggling.” She started. “She said Kaley didn’t talk or play with her earlier, and she’s obviously less than happy about the screaming and yelling…”

"Yeah, she didn't want me to play with her, either. Well...she didn't say that, but when I sat down with her she didn't make any effort to play with me, and it seemed like she was watching to make sure I didn't get any closer. Same thing with bedtime. Which is strange, because she didn't seem so suspicious when I gave her a bath, but who knows what's going on in her head. I guess we'll just take things at her pace. Rocky, I think she'll be okay. She can put on her noises canceling headphones if Kaley gets too loud."

Sarah nodded. “I’m sure things will get better. This was only day one. I can’t blame her for being confused, and the social worker seemed to have no clue what she actually went through.” She said before climbing into bed to sleep. 

The next morning, Kaley woke up around 8 o’clock, startled and confused after a nightmare. The day before suddenly flooding back to her as she realized her bedding was soaked. Unsure what to do, she scrambled to try to make the bed in order to hide her accident. After that she crawled under the bed to hide, not wanting to be found. 

Upon waking up, Sarah headed downstairs to start making breakfast for everyone. She started on some blueberry pancakes, hoping Kaley would like them, but figuring they could make her numerous other things if she didn’t.  

Rocky woke up shortly after Sarah, wet as usual, and headed downstairs. She was relieved to see (and hear) no evidence of Kaley. When she saw Sarah in the kitchen and flung herself against her mother, hitting her head against her thigh and squeezing her legs. At 5, she failed to grasp the concept that not everyone appreciated her overzealous hugs that were less like hugs and more like a full contact sport. "Good mornings mommy," she chirped as she released Sarah's legs and reached to be picked up. "Whatcha makin'?"

(Alex will get up in my next  post, I didn't forget about Kaley)

Sarah smiled and bent down to hug her daughter, chuckling at the excitement. “Good morning! I’m making blueberry pancakes!” She said cheerfully as she scooped the little girl up. “Wanna help me pour?” She offered. “Once they’re done we can go get you changed.”

"Yeah, I want to help! I'll put the blueberries in!"

Alex woke up a few minutes later. He checked Kaley's room and didn't see her so he assumed she was downstairs. He was about to follow suit when a breeze through the open window wafted a familiar, unpleasant smell towards him. He pulled back the covers and sure enough everything was soaked. Bedwetting wasn't uncommon with foster kids so luckily the mattress was already protected. He stripped the bed and carried the wet things downstairs where he started a load of laundry before locating his wife and daughter in the kitchen. "Where's Kaley?" he asked after checking the living room and playroom. "I thought she was down here."

Sarah smiled and held out the bowl of blueberries, allowing Rocky to add as many as she liked. As she was pouring the batter into the pan she turned to her husband. “I haven’t seen her this morning. I thought she was still sleeping.” 

Kaley felt her body tense up with fear as she heard Alex come in, her anxiety only increasing when she heard him stripping the bed. He must be so mad! I’m gonna be in so much trouble! She thought to herself, doing everything she could to stay quiet and still until she knew he had left the room. She didn’t know what to do or where to go, so she stayed still and silent under her bed. 

"No, I didn't see her upstairs." He went back up, thinking she must be hiding. First he checked the closet. When he didn't find her there he got down and peeked under the bed. "There you are!" he said with a sigh of relief. "Honey, I'm not mad, and you're not in trouble, but you need to get cleaned up. Can you please come out now?"

Kaley stayed under the bed for a little longer, coming out only after it was clear Alex wouldn’t be leaving without her. She avoided even glancing up at him as she stood there clutching her mouse and blanket still, her wet nightgown clinging to her. She trembled a bit, anticipating abuse to come as punishment for her accident. She felt bad and guilty and wanted to say something to Alex to tell him she didn’t mean it, but for whatever reason her voice wouldn’t work. 

Once the pancakes were done, Sarah piled them up on a plate before starting to cut one up for Rocky. Finding that Alex hadn’t returned yet, she sighed and set the table. “You can start eating baby, I don’t know when Daddy and Kaley will be coming down.” She said as she gave her daughter the plate and some milk. 

(Are the mouse and/or quilt wet also?)

"Good girl," Alex praised soothingly as Kaley came out from under the bed. "It's okay, accidents happen. And with Rocky in the house, they happen a lot, trust me. We're never going to get mad about accidents, but from now on you do need to tell me or Sarah so we can help you clean up, okay?" He ushered the girl to the bathroom, started running a bath, and reached over to remove Kaley's nightgown.

Rocky frowned at the mention of Kaley but dug into her pancakes. "Mmm, they're good!" she announced after a few bites. "Mommy, what are we gonna do today?"

(Nope!)

Kaley reluctantly went to the bathroom with Alex, though she did start to protest with getting another bath. She whined and tried to prevent him from undressing her, though admittedly not very hard. She was surprised that Alex was so calm and kind about her accident, though she wasn’t too sure if this would always be the case. After only a small bit of protest though she did resign and accept Alex’s help and care. 

Sarah smiled and started cutting up some pancakes for Kaley. After how she ate last night she figured the girl wouldn’t take small bites and wanted to reduce the risk of choking as much as possible. “I’m not sure baby.” She answered honestly. “We probably need to go to the store sometime this week so maybe we can do that today. And then maybe we can go to the park for a while it looks nice outside.” She suggested, figuring both girls could use a chance to blow off some steam outside.