LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Starting my walk with the lord but need a little help

So I have started my journey, I have been saying the Lord’s Prayer every time before breakfast lunch & dinner every day for the last 8 months or so (by memory), I also like to say every time before I drive  “saint Christopher be with me!” ( the saint of travelers) ever since I finally passed my driver’s license test in April. So I was wondering if there was any other daily activities you can pray about or for? So I can have a closer relationship with God. Sorry if I come across as a tad bit belligerent, I’m still trying to learn. 😞 

the Lords prayer wasnt intended to be the exact words to pray, but a blueprint, to pray to God, to be reverent to Him, to pray for things if they be in His will, because we want what is in His will, always good to turn to and walk with Him, its never a bad idea to have prayer time before bed or when you wake up, talk to him like He was your father(assuming you love your father), and when you sin, and lets face it we all do, just repent and try to do better, even if its a sin you have trouble with. christians can have a hard time with forgiving ourselves, its something to work on. last thing, a lot of things in life can weigh you down, burdens can crush you, give those to Him, he can bear them, we cant.

• Like 1

I only ask because when I was younger & stayed overnight with some friends of mine there parents always had them pray something along the lines of “God is grate God is good, something something as I should (& then a few more words to it that I can’t remember) Amen.” So I just didn’t know if there was other prayers that I could memorize like that.

& I believe they were a Baptist family 

6 hours ago, Daiperboy27 said:

I only ask because when I was younger & stayed overnight with some friends of mine there parents always had them pray something along the lines of “God is grate God is good, something something as I should (& then a few more words to it that I can’t remember) Amen.” So I just didn’t know if there was other prayers that I could memorize like that.

& I believe they were a Baptist family 

ok, you shouldnt do scripted prayer, just talk to him, tell him your needs and your wants, the concerns you have. being autistic i do follow a pattern when i pray, but he knows i mean each and every bit and he knows im a repetitive type, but do i follow a script? nope. ill point you in a way to get you started:

first, aknowledge that you are a sinner(hey, we all are, christians are not perfect, just forgiven) and apologize, ask for forgiveness, then just talk to him, what is on your mind? what are you concerned about? what do you need guidance about? set out a fleece if you have the need, ask for the things you need and such IN HIS WILL, and IN THE NAME OF JESUS. remember he knows your mind, and not saying you try to con him but if any was to try they would fail. baptists can be good people, like any, but there is a slight issue i have with them, they believe in the rapture, and if the rapture was real it would have the word "rapture" in the bible, its not. the rapture doctrine was a dilusion of a very ill woman named margaret mcdonald, and when she told others about it, she said her self it felt evil, God dont do evil, and we all know who does, satan.

• Like 1

Good morning and congrats on getting your drivers licence in April.  More importantly it is wonderful that you are also starting your journey with the Lord.  Prayer is so very important and feralfreak had some great ideas about praying.  Talk to the Lord as you would a good friend it doesn’t have to be scripted.  Might I as also offer some more suggestions.  Get into the Bible I would suggest to start in the book of John. The Bible is so easy to get now.  You can even get it as an app on your phone.  Before starting to read just pray to the Lord that he will open up your heart to what He would want to teach you through his Word. Another idea that I had is there is a great program worldwide for people new to the faith called Alpha.  Both my wife and myself have done this program through our church.  Our church is in Australia however has its roots in the Assemblies of God movement in the US.  Our Catholic Church here in our town just recently did this program and the church that I watch online in Green Bay Wisconsin a non denominational church also offers it.  There are all sorts of churches with different backgrounds that run this you can even do it online.  Here is the USA website: alphausa.org.  They also have a link to worldwide web pages for alpha if you are not in the USA.  Alpha runs for usually about 10 - 12 weeks were you watch a video and discuss it afterwards.  Hope these suggestions work for you and continue down the path of pursuing God. 

• Like 1

there is a weekday bible study hour i think you might like, its on a lot of tv stations(although early in the morning, you might need to set a recording to watch on local tv), it has its own channel on dish and direct called bible(if i remember), and they upload their episodes to youtube and leave them there for about a week, its non-denominational, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, precept on precept, the pastor will read a passage and explain it, its called the shepherds chapel, give it a try, i think you will enjoy it, for someone like me who has sensory issues, its very easy to sit and get the word, they put the bible up on the screen as the pastor reads so the viewer can follow along.

https://shepherdschapel.com/

• Like 2