LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Overcoming a relationship barrier with the Rebelz b&w! (+ less baby prints, please!)

So, short background, my girlfriend has known about my DL interest for 7 years. While she does not fully understand it, or participate in it herself, she has no issue with me wearing around the house, wearing around her, wearing to bed, wearing when we go out shopping, ect. I've even done yoga with her while in only diapers, gym shorts and a t-shirt. 

However, she admits that actually seeing me wearing my diapers (as in, having them exposed with nothing covering them) is kind of a turn-off for her, and she admits that as much as she wants me to be happy, it still weirds her out to actually see it. She told me that the issue is that most diapers look SO baby-ish or SO "medical" that its hard to ignore the fact that it is clearly a diaper (especially when they've been used, then it becomes very obvious), and that she wished there were more fun prints out there.

Thats when I showed her some of the more "adult" prints that existed out there; the tie-dye Megamaxes, the black InControl briefs, the "Weed-Leaf" diaper, the Halloween Haunts, and of course, the black and white Rebelz. When she saw those, she openly commented, "Oooohh, those are cool! I love the skull and crossbones!"

A lightbulb went off. I thought this might be an opportunity, so I put in an order for a case the moment I was able to. 

When I got the case in the mail, my girlfriend remarked, "More supplies?"

"Yup."

"Are these some fun ones?"

"These are some really fun ones, I think you'll dig em!"

After which, she actually looked quite excited to see them! I went and put one on and put my pants over it, worked up some nerve, and finally went to show her. At first, I just slid the waist of my pants down so she could see the pattern, then I pulled my pants down a bit more so she could see what I look like in diapers plus a t-shirt.

Her remarks were, "Yaaaassss, that's a cool pattern! I love it. If those were sticking up a little past your pants, you'd just think it was a pair of underwear. I mean... you can clearly see the bulge from below when you're wearing just your t-shirt, and I still think it would be a little bit weird to see you wearing ONLY your diaper, but a pattern like that really helps. You could walk around the house in just those and a t-shirt if you wanted to."

It's about the most positive reaction I could've hoped for from my fairly-vanilla girlfriend, and certianly a huge step forward in normalizing this in our relationship!

... and that's when I found out they're discontinuing the B&W Rebelz style in favor of a pink one. 😞
Then I started to realize just how few diapers are out there that aren't "Baby-ish" or "Medical" looking... ABUniverse, Tykables, Bambino, and many other companies offer nothing in terms of more "mature" designs, especially when it comes to hook-and-loop style diapers. Even my mainstay favorite, the BetterDry, is being discontinued to focus on Crinklz apparently. And the cool ones that do come out are often expensive, limited edition, or have been long sold-out with no hope of a reprint. 

This post is just my plea to those companies to try and develop at least ONE design like that and add it to their catalog. I'm not into the AB thing at all, I don't want to feel, act, be seen, dress like, or be treated as either "babyish", or even "geriatric". I would just like some cool designs. They're literally helping my relationship here. 

• Like 4

I completely agree with this sentiment, im really not interested in the ab side of things, but more dl oriented prints would be pretty great. Have you looked into the tykables cammies at all? Might be another good option for ya

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tin_o_nuts said:

I completely agree with this sentiment, im really not interested in the ab side of things, but more dl oriented prints would be pretty great. Have you looked into the tykables cammies at all? Might be another good option for ya

I forgot that the Cammies were made by Tykables, my bad! The blue ones are definetly my speed, but it would be nice to see a proper green army camo design.

They're also making a new design called "Deluge", which has more of a neutral pattern, and it reminds me a lot of some of my old boxer shorts.

I've just never tried Tykables for a couple main reasons:
1. The things I want are rarely in stock in my size.
2. I just can't understand their pricing. $120 for only 40 seems like a lot. Thats $3 per diaper, whereas things like XP5000 and Betterdry go for around $1.66 per diaper (per case). And if I'm going to spend $45 on a single pack, I'd rather try the Trest Elites. I guess since I've never tried Tykables, I can't speak to if the price is worth it or not, but wow, those better be some mind-blowing diapers. (and as much as I like ABU, they too have the same issues...)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this plea for non-AB but fun diapers! I resisted buying ABDL diapers until I found the ABU Space diapers, which I wore for years. Others I liked were Tykables Overnights, DC Idyls, and even Dotty Prides, with their bright colors. But as you noted, ABDL diapers are expensive, so I’ve settled on NorthShore diapers: blue Supremes, black GoSupremes, and black and tie-dye MEGAMAXes. Supremes in particular are great wickers: I can fill one edge to edge without its leaking. MEGAMAXes never soak up enough urine to get full before leaking at the legs.