LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Can't They Make Them The Same Size? Size Rant! Lol

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

THIS IS REALY NOT A REVIEW OF DIAPERS! But realy a question rant about none of them having a standard size!

After wearing for 3+ years so i don't wet the bed at night I wanted to get this off my chest! And see how other felt about sizes?

Being of smaller size finding a Diaper that fit me was tuff. And none were the same size even though they packages said so!

I was intune with wearing CVS brand BRIEFS {plastic type with 3 tapes} at night or Depends.I liked the plastic with tapes at night, since they had better protection for leaks! I ended up with wearing during the day since my conditon got worse{see my post on the incont forum if ya want more info}

So in the day used pull ups! But at times but finding them in my size was realy hard the med is to large {falls off me}and no one makes smalls.The only thing that fit was good nights but now they made them smaller so thats out!

So it was real diapers for me 24/7! Don't the makers of diapers care about us that need something that fits right?{not want but need them so we dont pee on our pants?}

The CVS{medium} fit my smaller size well much better{ they were made smaller and cut smaller realy were a small to med!} And the Depends Med were bigger{realy a med}! But i could make them work if thats all i could get! The tapes at the top were touching each other to wear them but they fit barley any larger and be to big to make work!

So yesterday the wife and I got all the regular stuff we needed at CVS and i got a pack.Get home and see "Now they no longer make the CVS ones like they did before"

They are the same as the ones Sams club sells with soft covers and velcro{white tabs with blue checker board lines} and are way bigger in size.So they realy are way to big and dont fit!

I hate buying diapers to find out they don't fit why can't they have a real standard for sizing them?It has ocurred way to many times.

Boy Dodgedart, you are right on the MARK!. I have been dealing with this since the 80's.

Back then dealing with DPF was a so-so issue. At first when you ordered something fit was okay. Plastic pants, onsies...ect. Then everything labeled small went to really a medium to medium large. I mean seriously how can they say something fits a 25" to 40" waist and really call it a small?

The local diaper scene has totally disappeared in the small size as you mentioned. I remember the days of going to Revco and getting my attends. Now back then they really sucked but it was about it unless you wanted the nasty green depends who made a small somewhat better (6 tapes). The funny part is the attends small of the late 80's to now are the exact same crap. They only updated them for a quarter of a year then let them go back to the original design which is still the only ones available. But updated all the other sizes!

I had a rare occation to use CVS brand and Walgreens brand which I found to be somewhat lacking but was able to get them to "work". I gave up untill I found Molicares they gave me the freedom to rejoin the world again. There is nothing better than to be incontinent and have a sincere trust in your product to protect you all day long (night too).

I find that the price difference doesn't really pose a problem as I generally use two in 24 hours. Thats at $2 a day. Granted those are Super plus you could get the Classic plus for 50 cents each. They would easily double the absorbancy of your current store brand thus saving you in the end. So it might be something you want to think about for piece of mind. They are really thin and form fitting for daytime use, a depend booster (available locally) should get you through any night time accidents, that is if they don't on their own :huh: The cool thing about them is their side stretch which forms to you tightly so you don't need a waistband or 6 tapes.

Below is a list of Diapers I have tried or wished I could, and a size comparison to what they really say on fit. Mind you these are only in small size.

Attends - Run small

Depends- run large

Molicare - Perfect

Albena Xplus - run small (Leg cutouts)

Secure Xplus - Not available in small

Tena - run small but not to bad

Bambinos - run small (Leg cutouts)

Tranquility ATN - Perfect (nice Diaper for the price)

CVS - Run Large (Redesign sucks)

Walgreens - Run Large (Redesign sucks)

At Ease - Run REALLY Small

Dry comfort - Normal (alittle better than Tena)

Perfit/Prevail - Run small

Okay that's about all I remember buying and any I missed don't make a small or are just a copy of something else.

The point is they have forgotten us, which leaves me baffled. Way back when, the stores were always out of smalls so someone was buying them! Now like you said, we are between the sizes. It just isn't fair!

On a better note we can still fit into Store bought cloth baby diapers for a hell of alot cheaper than adult diapers :P Take care, best of luck on your search.

Guest dodgedart

On a better note we can still fit into Store bought cloth baby diapers for a hell of alot cheaper than adult diapers :P Take care, best of luck on your search.

I never even looed into this. tell me more?what stores carry them? are you talking cloth that ya wash and fold and pin on with plastic pants?I would have no idea on how to fold or put them on me.Are they realy sold large enough?

I realy like the idea of disposibles but will try anything...

You could always make your own, I am a small guy myself, I have the same problem finding something that fits, with disposeables I found securecare med fit nice and work better than anything, by anything I mean store brands.

I can get away with one a day, if I use secure care, they go for a long time very wet, without leaking, the longest was 9 hours, but I always use plastic pants as a safty, but when they start to leak, I switch to a large bath towel, folded in the angel wing style, with a reg bath towel for a stuffer, and plastic pants of course.

I can get the rest of the evening, out of that setup, then again I am not incontenent, just a DL, who wets alot for fun...

I never even looed into this. tell me more?what stores carry them? are you talking cloth that ya wash and fold and pin on with plastic pants?I would have no idea on how to fold or put them on me.Are they realy sold large enough?

I realy like the idea of disposibles but will try anything...

Walmart carries them, I am sure that other stores do also. Folding and pinning them is mostly a matter of finding what works for you. There are sites that show some of the different ways to fold them, but mostly it is just finding out what works for you.

Walmart carries them, I am sure that other stores do also. Folding and pinning them is mostly a matter of finding what works for you. There are sites that show some of the different ways to fold them, but mostly it is just finding out what works for you.

Yeah what he said :rolleyes:

To find the larger ones, 27" square is getting a little rougher. I usally go to a Babies-R-Us, or a simular store. If you need Plastic pants I recommend plastic-pants.com. They start at baby sizes and work there way all the way up. I use a adult X-small and they fit great.

Other than using multiple babydiapers to bulk them up a bit, it's a great idea..at least for us smaller Babies. :wub:

Guest dodgedart

Are these any good?

http://www.magicmedical.com/nemoairacbrs.html

Molicare Air Active Briefts?

I was worried about leaks since it says the whole thing lets air in?

I guess what i liked best about the depends and cvs ones were the fact that thay had leg cuffs and leak gaurds {even if i did not need leak gaurds for the rear it was nice to have them for keeping the little guy pointed in the center}

They shouldn't leak any more than a "normal" brand. They hold alittle less than the Supers, but alittle more than the Classics. They are pretty comfortable, but do tend to stretch out and sag alittle, if you aren't wearing anything else. Not very babyish, but that's not a problem for you. I still think you should go with the Classics first, you'll really be surprised by the fit and absorbancy for the price. BTW Magic Medical is about the cheapest I found for smalls. I order from them exclusivley.