LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tykables Snappies sizing

k4rak

Hello all!

As the title suggests, I’m keen to know what people think about the Snappies sizing for the Tykables shirt/romper things. My experience so far with a few bodysuits has been they’re tiny compared to what they say, but Tykables feel you should go for your actual shirt size.

The website says the Length measurement is the most important, does this mean length from neckline to top of crotch, or length to where your diaper would come to?

£35 is quite spenny and they won’t accept returns as far as I can tell. I wear a Large shirt, but their large sizing suggests a 40” waist and I’m more like 36. I need the dip to be snug but I’m not after a terribly tight top half as I want to wear it as a shirt on top if that makes sense.

peace and love!

Hey there! I use a Tykables Snappie in black. I have the large size and am a 34" pant waist size, about 38-39" waist naturally. I suggest you use a tape measure (the one you can wrap around the waist and other sides) and measure just to be sure. For me, the Large was a perfect fit. The diaper can stick out a little bit at times but I feel like that's just depending on the diaper/fitting. Also, the length is from neckline to bottom of crotch I believe, because the onesie ends at the bottom of the crotch where it then snaps over into the other side.

I'm not sure how tall you are, but the Large may be a good option for you since it is for people in that waist range. The medium would be a bit too small. Let me know if you have questions. I'll be going to work shortly but can try to answer your questions when possible.

Hey @newpad101 thanks for the response. It’s really helpful when people suggest their sizes then what they bought ?

I’m bang on the 30” for the large in length but worried it will be like other brands where it’s actually incredibly tight. I just measured about 42” around the waist. Maybe I should just shoot for the XL to be sure. I got a little bit of belly going on at the moment but I’m average build. 

You’ve been a great help, I was sifting through the Tykables reviews hoping people would say what they wear (the answer is not very often)

9 hours ago, k4rak said:

I’m bang on the 30” for the large in length but worried it will be like other brands where it’s actually incredibly tight. I just measured about 42” around the waist. Maybe I should just shoot for the XL to be sure. I got a little bit of belly going on at the moment but I’m average build.

@k4rak:  All the Tykables t-shirts / onsies and rompers are a stretch material, so if the 30" is right on for you, I'd go with the large.  Just don't do a hot wash / hot dry with theses. 

15 hours ago, zzyzx said:

@k4rak:  All the Tykables t-shirts / onsies and rompers are a stretch material, so if the 30" is right on for you, I'd go with the large.  Just don't do a hot wash / hot dry with theses. 

Thanks a lot, it’s somewhere between the L and XL to dip level so I went XL. You can’t return them to the one UK company that stocks them so maybe someone on here will have it off me cheap if it doesn’t work ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, k4rak said:

Thanks a lot, it’s somewhere between the L and XL to dip level so I went XL. You can’t return them to the one UK company that stocks them so maybe someone on here will have it off me cheap if it doesn’t work ?

It may be better if you think that the XL might be a big too big to go with L because from what I've heard, you don't want the onesie to be too loose because it may not hold the diaper well, and that's the point of the onesie. I'd say I was as close to 40" natural waist as I could measure, and it fits me perfect. It even has quite some stretch to it if needed. Worse come to worse, you can just ask for a different size if it doesn't fit. But, only you'll know what you feel is best, hehe. Highly recommend the Snappies, though. I've worn it daily since I got it. :D

11 hours ago, k4rak said:

@k4rak: If you find the XL a bit large, then you might want to try ONE hot wash cycle....  And see if it shrinks to fit....  I'd only do it if it was large on you and you were considering trying a large for the next purchase instead of an XL.