LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Voluntary Less Shameful?

Hi,

Is someone who is incontinent more ashamed than a dl????

More than one person in more than one thread has indicated that there is more shame in needing to wear an absorbent product than in wanting to. One person who is dl said they are open about it because it is voluntary. Meanwhile, someone who _is_ incontinent seemed to indicate that they are more ashamed, more secretive about their need to wear an absorbent product than if it were voluntary.

I don't get it.

I've felt shame in doing it voluntarily, while if there were a medical reason there's no shame at all. (I also believe that actually being incont would have lots more horrible consequences, but still less shame about wearing).

I was surprised. Am I misreading all this?

Kermatt

Guest diamondback688

personally, i dont really care what ppl think and i am not ashamed that i have to wear diapers. if you have a problem with it, them you can go to hell.

Being Incontinent I do not view it as shameful, but i do confess to being very private about my underwear, after all what does it matter to anyone what I or the person sitting next to me is wearing under their clothes :o

The only time it may concern anyone else is if I had a leak :badmood::blush: but like all these things with a bit of care they can usually be prevented. :)

Many years ago when my mum discovered my "stash"-oooh the shame, now that really was shame and severe embarrasement! :angry2::blush::blush:

Hi,

More than one person in more than one thread has indicated that there is more shame in needing to wear an absorbent product than in wanting to. One person who is dl said they are open about it because it is voluntary. Meanwhile, someone who _is_ incontinent seemed to indicate that they are more ashamed, more secretive about their need to wear an absorbent product than if it were voluntary.

I don't get it.

I've felt shame in doing it voluntarily, while if there were a medical reason there's no shame at all. (I also believe that actually being incont would have lots more horrible consequences, but still less shame about wearing).

I am incontinent and would not class what i fell as shame,it's more uncomfortableness,it is concern about leaking or odors or not being able to get to change quick enough.It's more awareness of time out without supplies or how much to take along.These are concerns because myself and others that are incontinent have no choice in the matter and cant just do without if the situation doesnt allow diaper usage or changing.I am not secrative and everyone around me knows I wear and I talk openly about it,I have nothing to hide or be ashamed about.We don't flaunt them like some dl/ab like to because it is more need than sexual or thrill for us.If you read more posts you should find that the members here that are incontinent don't really have any problem with it ,there have been comments from people newly incontinent about being uncomfortable etc but in time these feelings will pass.You have to consider that incontinent people for the most part go through lots of testing and doctor visits and supply searches and buying and any issues of uncomfortableness go away very fast. ;)

Kermatt

I'm with you, Kermatt. I'm mostly over feeling ashamed of being an infantilist, nowadays... but as a teenager, I was deeply, deeply ashamed of it. I was also an occasional bedwetter at that time, and while I wouldn't have wanted to tell everyone at my school about it, I wouldn't have called my feelings "shame"--just mild embarrassment, at most. In fact I did tell a few close friends about the bedwetting. But it was years before I even whispered the fact of my fetish to my then-fiancee/now-wife... and years after that before I told anyone else aside from her. Total secrecy.

Even today, when I go to a health care store and buy a package of diapers, it's always in the back of my mind that if someone in the store were to guess they were for me, they'd think I was incontinent--not that I'm an infantilist--and I always find that thought reassuring, because being incontinent is so much less embarrassing than being a fetishist.

Hi,

I don't get it.

Kermatt

I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm very embarassed and secretive of my diapers because, simply, I have no good explanation for them (I'd rather not discuss my sexual tastes with anyone who happens to poke their nose in the wrong part of my room). If I was incontinent, although the condition itself would certainly be unpleasant, I don't see how I would be ashamed of it; it's medical. Then again, like you, that's just how I perceive it from my point of view. The incont. people who say otherwise obviously see it differently.