LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Siblings Second Chance (priv with Transpikachu)

LilGirlLya

It had been an eventful year for the Palmer-Kelly family. Things had started off with Ivy being laid off and although having a parent at home ended up being helpful given what would happen with the kids, the loss of income wasn't easy. Then their oldest Avery told them he was actually their son and that was a whole new change to adjust to. Then after the family gotten acquainted with having two boys in the house Ellie announced that she had always felt like a girl two and now Jess and Ivy were raising two trans highschoolers.

On top of all of that the rent went up, Jess was turned down for a raise citing budget cuts, and the state legislature was moving towards laws that would make things even harder for Avery and Ellie than they already were. Jess put out her application everywhere she could with no luck until she got a reply from the Clarke Institute. The Institute was based on a small island off the coast of Washington and was relatively famous, or infamous depending on who you asked. It started as a Department of Energy backed particle accelerator and since then the lab has grown and now has billionaires and corporations donating to fund research as well. The research that went on there was strictly need to know but the conspiracies that came out about the place were wild, including things like contacting parallel dimensions if you could believe it.

Gibbs Island was beautiful and the Institute was going to not only pay over twice her teaching salary but help the family move and start renting a cute three bedroom home with an option to own down the line. The only issue was the school. The Foundation assured her that what they were promising was possible but Jess wouldn't have believed it without them flying her out there. It was all true. The Foundation school's experimental results spoke for themselves. Every kid who passed through came out a prodigy. Still, it was such a big change though she would only agree if both kids signed on.

A month ago there had been a family meeting where Jess and Ivy had told Ellie and Avery. There was some confusion, upset, and more than a few tears from Ellie but in the end her big brother talked her into it. The decision was made, the family would be moving to Gibbs Island and both kids enrolled in the Gibbs Island School. Only instead of starting as a senior and a freshman they'd be starting as, well, it was hard to say exactly but physically at least they'd be indistinguishable from toddlers.

Jess woke up early on moving day. She'd always been a morning person and that made her take point today. She started a pot of coffee and poured out a quick breakfast of cereal for each of the kids to eat before the movers came. Jess made knocks on both doors and called for the kids to get up, offering whoever woke up first the first dibs on a shower since she and Ivy had taken one the night prior. Once she heard stirring in both rooms, Jess got to work packing and sealing some of the final boxes.

Ellie groggily sat up, brushing the sleep out of her eyes. She'd been sleeping terribly since she learned where they were going and what was going to happen once they got there. If it hadn't been for Avery, she would have dug in her heels and refused to ever go. Somehow he managed to convince her it wasn't going to be so bad though Ellie still had her doubts. Ellie spent her whole childhood quietly hating the lengths her moms went through to make her feel comfortable as the only 'boy' in a house presumed to be full of girls. Avery told her it offered a chance at doing things again the right way and though Ellie was intrigued, she wondered if idea might be motivating Avery more than he let on.

She trudged to the bathroom with an arm full of towels as ready as she could be to start the day.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The big moving day is upon us finally, hm?" Ivy entered the room, sparing a quick second to press a quick kiss to the top of Jess's head. "Got the rest of the photo albums packed away. Just need to do a quick last look through the kids' room once they're done getting ready. Don't want for us to be halfway to the island and hear 'Mom! I left my favorite hat back in my closet!'. And I'll see if I can get them to polish the milk off as well." Just a gentle tease to get the mood light before the chaos of the day started. 

She crouched down to help finish the last few boxes, glancing up once she was done. "....Is Ellie still nervous? ...It's going to be a big change. A new house and a new school would already be nerve-wracking for a fourteen year old but...." Tears and anxiety were expected for most teens before starting high school. But most teens weren't also starting as toddlers as well....And all that comes with it. Big change for the parents as well! You didn't exactly expect to be worrying about potty training once your kids were done the first time around until you were a grandparent!

Avery was a bit more slow to wake, even with the knock and the call. So, he was missing first shower again. Nothing he was unused to, he'd always been a bit of a heavy sleeper. Could sleep through the loudest thunderstorms or crashes going on throughout the house. He yawned, rolling out of bed. Sounded like Ellie was still in the shower so he gave himself a few extra minutes of rummaging for some clothes. Probably should dress comfy, right? Get the most out of his favorite comfort clothes before he'd no longer fit in them. Big hoodie and basketball shorts worked out fine then. And the really nice sneakers he'd spent a good few birthdays begging for. Which...now seemed like a bit of a waste. But most guys his age were all about having the best sneakers. Always very flashy colors, that...admittedly a lot of them were pretty darn ugly.

Huh. Maybe the boys at this new school would instead be obsessed with having the coolest light-up sneakers now. 

Once it sounded like Ellie was done, Avery grabbed his bundle of clothing, skirting out of his bedroom. Aw, he was going to miss it. Even with all the posters taken down now, there were still memories. The dent about halfway up the doorway he'd accidently caused years ago while breaking the rules and playing ball inside with Ellie, a couple of crayon markings from the time he'd so gratefully let his toddler aged sibling play with his kindergarten art supplies, ect. 

"Morning, Ellie!" Avery shouted to the bathroom door, taking a last check to make sure he'd grabbed everything he'd needed. He'd kinda used the rest of his shampoo a day or two ago, and hadn't felt the need to ask for more with move coming up. Oh well, he'll make do.

"Morning hon," Jess grinned as Ivy kissed the top of her head from behind. Even being all business this morning there was still always time for that. "Yeah, if you could give each of their rooms a pass. Especially Ellie once shes out of the shower." Jess smiled at the tease about the milk but her brow furrowed as the topic returned to Ellie. Her new girl had always been the worrier of the two kiddos. "I heard her crying last night, I didn't want to interrupt her. She was trying to keep it quiet. Figured it would probably be better to just let her get it out of her system. "Yeah, it's a lot. For all of us." Jess sighed, "Thank you for doing this, I know you're going to have your hands full when they both go through the process. We're about to be in a house and be better off than we ever have been but all of you are giving up a lot. Tanks Iv', I love you. I really do."

Ellie spent longer than normal in the shower, she spent most of her time just letting the water pour over her while she stood there hugging herself. She didn't want to do this. Unfortunately she knew the time to say that would have been last month. The stuff was packed and mom was starting her new job next week. She couldn't stay at this point no matter how much she wanted to. Ellie's face felt flushed but she held back the tears and finished cleaning herself.

"Hey Avery..." Ellie glumly replied as she left the bathroom. She was wrapped in a towel and had her hair up in a sloppy, collapsing towel turban. "You...you sleep good?" she asked, unsure if she was hoping that Avery also slept miserably or if she was looking for comfort. Either would be fine.

Ellie made her way back into the bedroom and got dressed, relishing putting on a training bra and feeling tears roll down her cheeks at the thought of not being able to wear one again for years after she'd only just gotten a chance to have them. She felt similarly, although less so, about her panties. Those would probably be a thing of the past too even though her parents assured her that some of the kids her age there were already potty trained. Ellie dressed in one of the few remaining outfits she had, a lilac tanktop and jean shorts. Most of the rest was already donated.

Freshly dressed, Ellie looked around the room. It was so empty without her drawings on the walls or her desk in the corner. It barely felt like her room anymore. Still, there were a few boxes worth of miscellaneous odds and ends left. Ellie just sat down in the middle of the floor, unsure of where to start, and folded her arms onto her knees and buried her head into them. Heavy tears seeped from her eyes as her vision got misty.

"I have most of their games and older belongings and such boxed up, figured we can keep in storage at the new place." Ivy frowned at the mention of Ellie's tears, glancing towards their rooms. "Poor girl. ....I'm hoping this change will be good for her. Gets to be a sensitive shy little girl. And Avery will look out for her at the school, he always does." She sighed, brushing a strand of brown hair out of her eyes. "Shame we didn't think to keep any of their supplies from when they were younger. Sippy cups and old clothes, all that. Might be more comforting to have something that'll bring back memories."

"I slept okay, El." Avery observed her for a moment, looking a bit worried. "Slept badly again then? I'm sorry. Maybe you can catch a nap on the ride over? Or we can just watch a movie together, kill time that way." Might as well get in one last Age Appropriate movie in case that was something they might no longer enjoy. Or be allowed to enjoy. Most toddlers got scared of horror and action films, right? Or bored without any bright colors. He watched his sister head back to her room before ducking into the bathroom himself. Very quick shower himself, and then it was time to yank a comb through his curly hair. But make sure it wasn't too neat. The slightly windswept look always looked nice. He got dressed in the bathroom to save time, tugging on his binder before shrugging into his hoodie. ....That might be one good thing to look forward to. Wouldn't have to wear that anymore, would he?

Once he was done, he exited the bathroom, heading to Ellie's room to check on her. Just in time too, looked like it was tears time again. "Aw, Ellie, it's okay. You don't need to cry. It won't be so bad, alright? I think it's going to be okay." He tried to reassure her, crouching down next to her. "Need a hug?"   

"Maybe..." Jess bit her lip a little. She hoped El would be comfortable, she even wanted to believe that Ellie would be happy but after finding out with the span of a year that both her kids were trans, it maybe Jess doubt her mother's intuition if it could miss something that big twice. At least Avery was more expressive, it made him easier to figure out. "Yeah, but as part of helping us move the Institute is giving us a stipend to set up their rooms. Still, that's not what you meant, huh? I guess if we let them help pick stuff out that could be almost like that. You know, pick out what would have been their favorite if we'd...known better."

Ellie wrapped her arms around her big brother and leaning awkwardly into him. Even though for now they were about the same height and size, Avery was still big brother and she clung back onto him as well. "Oh sure," she sarcastically replied through tears, "what could be better than being babies again? I don't want to go, Ave'" she whined. "I just got my hair styled nice, I just got some new clothes I actually like, I just got a bra and now I've got to give it away."

"A nice shopping trip once everyone and...everything is settled in." Ivy suggested, moving the last few boxes to the side. Well, that's all packed up then....just the kids' room, and a few more things to scoop up from the bathrooms and kitchen. House was set otherwise. "Letting them have some choices seems like a good idea. Pick out their own outfits, what they would've actually wanted to wear the first time around. "

"The school sounds really nice though, doesn't it?" Avery tried to reason, shifting to get more comfortable on the floor. Admittedly, being the taller one again might be a little nice...your little sister being about the same height still felt a little silly. She was a freshman after all. "You read some of that stuff online, all the kids who graduate are like mega smart. Get basically anything they want to do in life. And it's not like we're going to be actual babies. We'd still be us, just....smaller." And maybe a bit more emotional if those rumors were right. And...potentially in diapers or pull-ups, but Avery's been trying to not think about that. Not everyone who went through the process was like that, they might be lucky. "And I bet you can still wear your hair the way you want, okay?" 

"Yeah, it's only a bit more to keep the moving truck another day, maybe tomorrow we can pick up some new stuff for them." Jess reasoned. " Maybe see the town a bit too, let them both get a feel for it. Probably be a good idea to at least get the basics though before they regress them though. From all I read they'll be in and out of the clinic same day but the process takes a lot out of them. It'd be good to have them all good to go after; bedding, a few outfits, diapers too I guess. Though Avery..." Jess sort of trailed off, with as old as Avery was there was just under a 50% he'd be able to keep his toilet training. "I don't know, we can ask the doctor about all that."

With the boxes all put away Jess stood up beside Ivy and leaned into her wife, getting a comforting side hug as she sighed. Jess closed her eyes and just enjoyed having her wife's arm around her for a few peaceful moments until her phone buzzed in her pocket. "Shit, movers, "she muttered confirming her suspicions, "they're gonna be here in about 20 or 30 minutes. We have to get the kids finished."

"It sounds weird," Ellie pouted. She saw Avery suppress a grin and that made her grin a bit too in spite of herself. "I mean, yeah, it's got it's upsides. I just...I dunno, you're probably right. It's going to be weird though." Ellie trailed off. Avery was always good about reassuring her. She actually felt a little bit confident for a change. "When I said I wanted to transition too, this isn't what I meant." Ellie deadpanned before letting slip a smile to her big brother.

"Well, might be worth it to grab some pull-ups even if it looks like he has a hold on it." Ivy hummed. Because well....she knew from experience that 50% chance of toilet training still left a chance for accidents. But they'll see, no point in getting themselves worried about assumptions. They'd have time to ask the doctor. Just go with the pace, and see how it'll play out. As Jess got the text message, Ivy sighed, sneaking one last cheek kiss. "Let's get them downstairs and in the kitchen. You know Avery will dawdle all morning if he has the chance, and Ellie will follow after her brother."

Avery laughed, giving Ellie a very light elbow to the side. "Well, dummy, did you make sure to specify? Monkey's paw and all that. You gotta be specific! Happens in like sci-fi movie or book." Ellie successfully cheered up some, Avery leaned back, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Did you get everything packed? I think I'm done, just gotta grab a few more things from my room. And I can't find one of my games. So hopefully it's in a box, 'cause I already invested some nice time in it, you know?" Just keep up the nice idle chatter, keep Ellie from worrying herself out of her mind. 

"Yeah, you're probably right. It might be a good idea to get them for Ellie too, at least at first. She's already upset about this and I don't want to make it worse by her big brother getting something she can't have. OK, you go get the kids and bring them down. I'll need your help unmounting the TV from the wall so don't go far!" Jess gave Ivy's bottom a playful squeeze before kissing her on the cheek one more time for good measure. "Once the kids have eaten we can all go through their rooms and just back up any remaining stuff.

"Almost, I have a few things left. Just sort of stuff that couldn't wait until today. Oh, that could have gotten in with my stuff maybe? I packed all my games a few days ago." Ellie paused for a bit, biting her lip before asking, "So you're like, actually excited for all this, huh?" Ellie asked, "whats the first thing you want to do as a little kid again?"

"And once we have it unmounted, it's going right back up on another wall in a few days." Ivy shook her head playfully, beginning to head to the door. "All that work just to do it again!" But she's heading on upstairs to gather the kids! Hopefully with a bit of food in her, Ellie might feel a bit better. Traveling could be fun in its own way. And they wouldn't even have to fuss over a long car ride either. Now that was a nightmare with two kids, no matter their age. 

"It might be. It's one of my Zelda games." Avery mused, idly standing up to glance out the bedroom window. Get one last look at that view, even if it wasn't anything that remarkable. Just your typical suburban backyard; old playset and sandbox having sat out there for years now without being touched. "I don't know if I'm excited excited. I guess I'm excited for the school, it does sound really amazing. And I don't think a new house and a school is bad in general, you know? Fresh start. No one there is going to know us, so we get to just be ourselves with no prior memories." He pointed out optimistically. "...Little kid deaging is just something that comes along with it, and I guess it can't be that bad. Maybe." He's trying to stay on the bright side of it. "I dunno. What do you want to do? Guess little kids get to get away with a lot, that might be a little interesting. Nobody questions it if a toddler pitches a fuss or does something embarrassing in public."

And Ivy's lightly knocking Ellie's door after hearing their light voices. "Alright, kids, movers are going to be here soon! So you two should get down and get some breakfast before I feed your cereal to them!"

Ellie blushed, "Don't laugh..." she looked Avery right in the eye, scanning for any sort of grin or held back chuckle, "Don't you dare but...ialwaysreallywanteddolls." Ellie sort of mutters out. Avery doesn't even need to respond before Ellie continues, his cheeks getting rosy, "You used to have these barbies and you never played with them and I always wanted to play with them but you thought barbies were lame! And I cried! I cried when you had Mom and Momma take them to Goodwill. So I don't know, maybe give that a try? See what all the fuss is about?"

Ellie was relieved to be resumed by Ivy at the door, "Coming Momma."

Jess flew back into action, finishing up the packing in the kitchen, making sure each and every dish, cup, or piece of shelf stable food worth saving managed to make in into a box. "Hey you two, movers will be here soon. Eat up, quick. Ellie, I'm going to need you to go back upstairs and pack up all that's left. Avery, how do you feel about giving your new muscles a work out and helping us move some boxes outside so the movers can get them?"

Avery looked amused, but didn't make any move to laugh. "I wasn't going to laugh, jeez. So you like Barbies, I'm not going to tease you over it. I didn't tease you for keeping your stuffy longer than most kids, did I?" Though that did explain why Ellie always got upset whenever he'd gotten "creative" with his Barbies when he was younger. Hair chopping for "make-overs" and some more....experimental things. Hey, they shouldn't have made dolls kinda fun to pluck the heads off before you got bored with them. "You can probably ask them for a doll, they aren't going to say no. Even if this whole school thing wasn't happening, there's still some girls even in my year who have dolls. Maybe just keep them on their shelf now, but they have them."

Oops! And Momma was at the door, so Avery was hurrying on downstairs too. "Sure, Mom, no problem." Avery grinned, taking a seat to begin eating the cerel as fast as he could. Even added extra milk 'cause he knew his parents probably wanted it all gone. "I can carry them. Won't even drop the ones not marked fragile." Probably silly, but it was still exciting to get a job like this, doing all the heavy lifting. 

"Make sure you check in the closets and bathroom cabinets, okay, El?" Ivy advised, dumping out the tiny last bit of orange juice that wasn't being taken up. "Even if it's just hair ties and bandages, I have a miscellaneous you can dump them in."

"Oh.."Ellie responded in a way that gave every indication she'd never actually even considered to just ask.

"Yes moms," Ellie responded the requests, finishing off her cereal before running back upstairs to make sure the last remaining items from her room made it into boxes. As she was packing her bedding, she wondered if any of it was even necessary? After all, if this community age regressed the kids for their weird science thing, who would even say if she'd get to keep her bed? Ellie gave the bare a mattress a look over and thought it probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get something to replace the weathered twin bed she slept in. Hopefully moms wouldn't go crazy once they got there and insist on cribs and junk like they were *actually* babies. Avery had given her some confidence since it was someone else who was going to be in the same situation saying that they'd both stay themselves. It made it more believable than if it was just moms saying it or something out of a booklet.

Once the movers arrived, Jess shifted into directing traffic, letting Ivy, Ellie, and Avery finish out their tasks while making sure everything made it securely into the truck. With help the process took about two hours to get everything out and loaded up. With the house completely empty, Jess grabbed the keys to her car. It was all full of other boxes and breakables, the two had decided that she'd fill up her car with the fragile stuff and head out when the movers left so she could meet them there and let Ivy take the kids in her vehicle, that way if they needed to stop for food or some last potty breaks for a while, they'd be able to.

Jess couldn't help but feel a melancholic wave as she stood at the threshold. It had been a while since the last move, the kids had grown up here. If the new owners hadn't raised the rent Avery and Ellie both probably would have graduated high school here. "We'll make new ones..." she thought, her mind drifting over all the memories this place contained, "better ones."

Ivy gently took Jess' hand, giving it a little squeeze. "It's okay, hun. The new house will be just as lovely. New memories, new start." And with the procedure coming up...it was like they were moving into the this old place all over again; having two toddlers wandering around. "Ready to go, or do you want another moment?"

"You don't think they're going to cry, do you?" Avery asked from where he'd been idly leaning up against one of the cars. Jeez....whole yard looked so empty and sad now; just crushed grass from where they'd picked up the boxes. "I hope the new house has a nice yard like this, good backyard too. But I bet they still won't want to get a pool. But I guess we'll be near a beach, right?" Keep up the chitter chatter so he doesn't make himself sad either. They didn't need four sad sacks. He pushed off the car, doing one last check to make sure he still had his earbuds and phone. "Ready to go then, El?"

"Yeah..." Jess found herself smiling and gave Ivy a squeeze back, "I hope they don't color on the walls this time though." Jess joked and laughed a bit but her voice audibly broke. She wiped her eye with her free hand. "No...no, I'm fine. We need to get on the road anyone. The kids are the last appointment at the clinic this evening. I can probably supervise the unpacking and then meet up with you. We can pick out some stuff for tonight while they're under and then taking them shopping for real tomorrow." Jess composed herself before calling the kids over and giving each of them a hug, assuring them she'd see them in a few hours before heading for her car and following the truck out of the driveway. Jess felt a few more tears on her cheeks now that she was alone and certain her family was taken care of. She sat her GPS and began the trip.

"Maybe," Ellie replied to Avery after having found him after her last run through the house. "We'll find out soon I guess. I wish moms hadn't insisted on a surprise. I know a lot of our stuff won't be going into our rooms but it be at least nice to know how big they were." Ellie frowned, "Yeah, I think kiddy pools might be about to become more our speed than either." Ellie did a quick check of her purse and sighed, "why did I let you talk me into this? As ready as I can be, you wanna watch a movie or something still?"

"Well! I sure hope they know better than to start anymore creative art projects this time!" Ivy managed a laugh, giving Jess one last kiss on the cheek. "I hope the appointment isn't too hard on them.....we can always push the shopping trip to tomorrow afternoon if they end up feeling icky tonight and in the morning." Sure she'd read every single little detail she could about the procedure but she was still a mother, it was her job to worry. And this was a big thing for kids to go through! Lotta big changes! But she bid Jess goodbye as well, getting the kids set in the car not longer after. Didn't want to be late after all! "Now, I'll stop if we need to, but I'll prefer if we only make one food stop and one bathroom stop, okay? I don't want to hit any rush hour traffic later today." She warned, and off they set! Long journey ahead.....

"Eh, you know Moms. They love surprises." Avery sighed once they were all situated in the car. He'd even played the nice older brother and sat in the back with Ellie instead of claiming the shotgun seat as was his right as eldest. And it was probably his last chance to sit up front for a long time! But Ellie would worry her little head off if she sat in the back alone. And this way they could pass time easier. "Yeah, a movie works. And we can play some dumb road trip game if we start feeling car sick or something." He shrugged, shifting a bit closer. "And I didn't talk you into this completely, I bet. You gotta be at least a little curious about all this."

The ride was a good one for podcasts and Jess had a playlist queued up to go. It was long but pretty and only really got stressful when she hit the city and had to wait for the ferry to get herself and the moving truck across. Still, it was a chance to get out, stretch her legs and get to bite to eat on the pier. She took a deep breath in of the sea air and looked out into the Pacific. It occurred to her that going from mom to two teenagers back to mommy for two shrunken kiddos meant times like this to be alone and really just enjoy the peace were probably not going to be a thing for a while.

Despite appearances, Jess was as nervous as the kids. She had an optimism Ellie lacked but it didn't make the idea of starting research at some secret lab any less daunting. She'd really gotten used to teaching and even though she'd be doing what she loved even more instead, that change after so many years made her nervous. She knew she did the right thing. Now it was just about meeting the moment, for herself and for the kids.

Ellie fished around searching for a movie they could both watch, she was interested in taking him up on the suggestion of something scary since she was unsure if she'd still get to watch scary movies. She'd been a horror buff since she was 11 and it would definitely make her sad if her moms just expected her to watch boring baby cartoons instead. "I never said I wasn't curious," Ellie said, "there's a lot to be curious about. I'm just not excited for it. For real though, if you weren't going to be right there with me, I would have been a hard no to this whole thing."

Avery hummed as he mulled over that, making sure the volume was low enough they wouldn't disturb Momma in the front. "No to everything? Or just the....school?" He shot her a curious look, idly fiddling with his strand of his hoodie. "You didn't have to go to the school, you know. If you refused enough, they wouldn't have made you. Heck, if you did that, you would've wound up as the older sister. Been the oldest and everything. You're really doing it for me? 'cause that might suck. If you end up hating it and wishing you never went through with it, you might blame me. And I'd feel real guilty." He reasoned. 

"I don't know? I didn't think the school was negotiable. Even if it was, who'd want to take a ferry to the mainland every day?" Ellie frowned at the suggestion of being the older sister, "That be too weird. You're my big brother. Besides, you'd probably just take the chance for revenge from all of what I did as a kid. Not to mention I know moms would make me change your diapers and I...nope. Can't get my head past that one." Ellie let her sarcastic tone slide when she realized how sincere Avery was being, "I don't know Avery, like, I'm not certain but I trust you. The last time I trusted you with something so major I ended up coming out to moms so it worked out that time. Besides, what if *you* think it sucks and you're all alone as some teenager stuck looking like a toddler? We're in this together, always have been."

"I promise to never give you an impulse haircut the day before your first grade class's photo day and give Moms a heart attack." Avery solemnly swore, though he couldn't hide his grin. Jeez, they probably still had that photo, half chopped off bangs and all. Though he'd smiled anyway, despite the butchering his hair had taken from his baby sister. And he had liked it being shorter..... "I won't think it sucks. I always try to see the best light." He shrugged, shifting to glance out the window. "But yep. We'll stick together. Probably going to be in the same homeroom too. That'll be nice, I was worried about you all alone in your big high schooler homeroom class. Juniors don't share too many classes with freshmen." And now from the studying he'd done, it looked like at least one or two they might be together...

The wait for the ferry wasn't long and soon Jess and the moving truck were on the water and crossing the Sound. Once the slow boat had gotten going there really wasn't too much left to the trip. The island was fairly small, a few neighborhoods around a little downtown on the northern bit near the port and then the Institute campus on the south part of the island. The community they'd be living was called Orca Point from the material she'd received after signing her contract. With the Institute going out of their way to promote a convenient, family friendly lifestyle she'd been given a map with all the parks, trails, playgrounds, and wading pools all highlighted, in addition to a few cafes and a grocery store. The idea was for all the necessities to be within walking distance which would at least ensure everyone spent a little more time outside and active.

The ferry docked and Jess waited for the docking procedures to all be carried out before they were given the all clear. She followed the moving truck down the little two lane streets, into and then through downtown and into their neighborhood. Her heart swelled when she saw her house and Jess instantly knew she'd made the right choice. It was a cute little two story cottage with weathered red bricks, a hedge fence, and a little white gate. The door was painted a sea foam green. The move only felt final once Jess had brought her car into the driveway and got out to help the unloading.

Ellie and Avery chit-chatted during the moving, making jokes and riffing it together. They reached port after a few hours in the car and with time to spare before the next ferry? "Momma, can we get something to eat, please? Maybe use the bathroom too?" Ellie asked.

• LilGirlLya changed the title to The Island (priv with Transpikachu)

Ivy checked the time, debating it. "We have about forty minutes.....we might as well. Do you guys just want snacks or are you hungry hungry, and Momma should start looking for a hamburger or pizza joint?" She questioned, parking in the lot for now. Give them a chance to stretch their legs. "Hm....maybe we shouldn't eat anything too heavy....you two haven't been on ferries much. I don't want you getting seasick before your appointment tonight..."

"We'll be fine, Momma." Avery reassured her, popping out the car to stretch his legs. "Maybe me and El can do a quick walk around? Find a nice bathroom and somewhere to grab food." Hey, they....probably wouldn't be getting any teenager freedom to wander off on their own. Their new size alone practically guaranteed it. "Is that good with you, Ellie?"

With Jess at the helm, unloading and unpacking took significantly less time than getting loaded up. Jess had most of the essentials already ready ready for tonight but would have to pick up the final touches for the kids on her trip back out to the clinic. She was unsuccessful in negotiating an extra day of service from the movers but fortunately did get some recommendation for furniture and clothing that were popular with new arrivals and would do same day delivery. With all the boxes in, Jess wished a safe trip back to the movers before getting back in the car herself to wait for Ivy and the kids at the clinic.

"Yeah, Momma. Avery and I will be fine. We've both got our phones. Just relax." Ellie was also pretty keen to enjoy her last minutes as an unsupervised teenager. The two made for the bathroom first. Ellie darted into the women's room. Across the bathroom there were two other people, a mom and a carrot topped toddler getting her diaper changed on one of those changing tables built into the wall. Ellie's eyes locked with the little girls who smiled and waved before looking away. Ellie felt uneasy as she used the bathroom, possibly for the last time. Thankfully the mother and daughter were gone by the time she was finished.

"Thanks for letting us stop for that first Avery, you got any food ideas?"

"No problem, El. Thought we might as well...you know." Use what might be their last chance. Well....might not be his, but Ellie was younger.....he'd looked up the research. He had a slightly less than half chance of keeping his pants dry. Ellie...far less so. He offered her a smile, shooting one last look at the bathroom. Well....goodbye awkward feelings and encounters in there. Shoot. That..might actually be his last time in the men's room. He'd knew from when Ellie was younger, when you had a little boy and the rest of the family were "girls", you just all made one family trip to the women's restroom, no sending a four year old into a public bathroom by himself. Now that bummed him out a bit, though he made sure to try to hide it from Ellie. She was nervous enough!

"I saw a sub place as we were driving by." He suggested instead, gesturing back down the road. "Like a three minute walk. We can just get some sandwiches and drinks. And probably eat on the ferry, honestly. Then....well....clinic time..."

"Yeah, I know. I think I got a look at my future in there and...I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about becoming some kind of super genius if one of the side effects wasn't *that*." Ellie couldn't fully bring herself to say it at the moment but she hoped the meaning was clear. "Do you think moms will let us change ourselves? I mean, if we need to? We're not actually little kids, how hard could any of that be?" It be better than going legs up out in the open on a changing table, Ellie thought.

"Yeah, sandwiches should be good." Ellie didn't say too much, thinking of 'clinic time'. She remembered when she was a little kid and was scared of the dentist, how she'd try to lock the door and hide out in the office bathroom. Trying that would probably be just as successful she thought. She'd still end up in the chair regardless at this point. There was some peace that came with just admitting that to herself. She was probably in her last hours as a teenager, might as well enjoy them.  Ellie got a huge cheese steak with some chips and decided if she was going out, she was going out in cheesy, greasy style.

• LilGirlLya changed the title to Siblings Second Chance (priv with Transpikachu)