LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you reward yourself for your victories?

Anytime you want to change a habit or behavior, you not only need to discourage the old habit, you also need to reward yourself for doing the new habit.  Same holds true for teaching yourself to be diaper dependent.  

What good things help reinforce that you’re not able to handle the responsibility of being continent? 

I tagged this as NSFW because many of us have a diaper fetish in addition to incontinence desires and indulging in the fetish is a great way to reward oneself… or so I hear. 

• Like 2

Hmmmm

So I haven't done like, external rewards (sweet things, fun things, etc) but I have done lots of positive reinforcement internally. 

For example, when practicing peeing in a difficult/challenging position I usually practice:

• noticing negative thoughts/fears ("oh no, I might leak! And that's bad!")
  • questioning those negative thoughts/fears ("is leaking really so bad? What is the worst that can happen now?")
  • replacing with positive thoughts/reinforcement ("good job / good girl!")
  • focusing on things I *do* like (the feeling of warmth, the release of tension, the emotional reward/feeling cared for, etc) and feeding those back into the previous point ("I want more of this warm feeling, it feels good!")

I *have* also done external rewards for things like dialation / post-op trans care, e.g. eating a chocolate during/after dialating as a reward. This worked well in making me look forward to doing it, but it didn't make the act itself enjoyable; it still felt like a chore, but at least I got to eat a sweet? I *did* start to feel some enjoyment recently as I've tried exploring the sensations themselves using the above approach I took for untraining, and that has helped lots more.

Bedwetting is a huuuuge challenge for me when starting up again, because I have so many negative thoughts about leaking. 

I've successfully done it before so I'll probably do it again with these techniques.

• Like 1